Thread: Fantastic Queensland tourism advert

A*O

Default Fantastic Queensland tourism advert

This advert always brings a smile to my face - love it..........

(Sorry for the bit in the middle when the bloke interrupts but stick with it)

Where Else But Queensland - Tourism Queensland 2007

I'm going to the Whitsunday Islands in Sept where all those reef/sailing shots are done. Who needs the Caribbean eh?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

ahhh the beautiful Glasshouse Mountains they still manage amaze me even though i see them everyday.

I'd love to go visit Whitehaven Beach and the Whitsundays. The footage was absolutly stunning for all of those locations. Australia is stunning i'm soo happy to live here!!
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    (Sorry for the bit in the middle when the bloke interrupts but stick with it)
    To heck with Queensland..can I have the bloke/concierge guy??? *such a nice accent too!!!*
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Thumbs up

Great commercial. (I like the word advert better! ) I was already planning to visit Queensland and maybe do some classwork there since my son did a volunteer stint there and loved it. He was in North Queensland.

We are all envying you right now.... only one more month of winter here!!

What places have you been to in Australia A*O? Which places do you like the best? We in the midwest/northeast US need some escapism as it sucks here right now(snow/cold/ice/wind..etc)..any more adverts???

A*O

It would be quicker to tell you the places I have NOT visited yet. This is such a huge and diverse country it would take a lifetime to see it all. I've pretty much 'done' the east coast (Queensland/NSW/Victoria) and I've been to Uluru (Ayres Rock) but the whole western side of the country is still unexplored territory for me. I haven't been to Tasmania either (the island just underneath Oz mainland) which is bad because there's a daily ferry service there from Melbourne and it's only an hour away by plane.

I LOVE the Whitsundays (see the advert) but the Daintree tropical rainforest in northern Queensland is wonderful too.

I want to go to Broome and see the Kimberley region in NW Australia and also take a trip on the Ghan train which goes from Adelaide in the south straight up the middle of the country, through Alice Springs, to Darwin in the north. It takes about 3 days/nights and is a great way of seeing the country (although it's mostly desert in the middle).
    Dame Edna Everage

We are going to Australia again next year and Queensland is at the top of our list. I wish I could convince hubby to move there.

A*O

Qld is great to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. It's just too damned hot and HUMID! Yuk. You strike me as a Melbourne kinda gal PB
    Dame Edna Everage

My grandfather has travelled the world and he says the best beaches are in Queensland.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    It would be quicker to tell you the places I have NOT visited yet. This is such a huge and diverse country it would take a lifetime to see it all. I've pretty much 'done' the east coast (Queensland/NSW/Victoria) and I've been to Uluru (Ayres Rock) but the whole western side of the country is still unexplored territory for me. I haven't been to Tasmania either (the island just underneath Oz mainland) which is bad because there's a daily ferry service there from Melbourne and it's only an hour away by plane.

I LOVE the Whitsundays (see the advert) but the Daintree tropical rainforest in northern Queensland is wonderful too.

I want to go to Broome and see the Kimberley region in NW Australia and also take a trip on the Ghan train which goes from Adelaide in the south straight up the middle of the country, through Alice Springs, to Darwin in the north. It takes about 3 days/nights and is a great way of seeing the country (although it's mostly desert in the middle).

Actually I know where most of the places are that you mentioned. Way back(God I am aging myself here) In 1982 my freshman year I took a geography class(my major) that was taught by an Australian woman and she dealt almost exclusively with..you guessed it..Australia! lol.

If I could go anywhere in Australia I think I would want to visit Sydney, the Blue mountains outside Sydney, Melbourne, The Gold Coast(just to see the stunning skyline and look at the hot guys on the beach), Darwin(remember as a kid watching the TV coverage after it was destroyed Christmas day 1974..yes they actually covered it in the news in the US way back when*shock!!! ), Alice Springs (do they still have the funny 'boat races' on the dry bed of the Todd River?(would have to see that since that is my name), Perth and southwest Australia since I would want to see those huge trees that grow there..cannot remember the name of them..almost as big as redwoods I think). Also Tasmania just because I grew up with those cartoons that had the 'Tasmamian Devil" and I would want to try and see one in the wild. They are still there in the wild, right?

Also would want to visit that town that they shot the movie "Coca Cola Kid' with Eric Roberts in..but is that place in the Blue Mountains anyway

* btw is calling aboriginals 'abbos' just a byword or is it a derogatory term? I have seen it used online by Australians on a different forum.*

A*O

"Abbo" does have derogatory connotations and personally I'd never use it. Safer to use "aborigine" or some people use "kouri". Bear in mind that Australia has its own fair share of unreconstructed racist rednecks who don't give a crap about offending anyone.
    Dame Edna Everage

Thread Information