Thread: Annoying DVD tid-bits

Eli

Default Annoying DVD tid-bits

Anyone hate something about a DVD of theirs? The stupid letterboxing, the bad quality, the annoying trate from Universal/Paramount and many more forbidding us to skip their intros?

That last one for me.

Um, letterboxing actually shows you the movie as it was shot.. you realize that when its 'formatted to fit your tv' you lose like half the picture, right
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

i don't like when the intro to the menu or the menus themselves take forever to load..same w/ websites...

Eli

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Um, letterboxing actually shows you the movie as it was shot.. you realize that when its 'formatted to fit your tv' you lose like half the picture, right
    No. No I didn't. Thankyou! I really didn't, for I have been living under under a rock, inside a cave, on Mars, with my fingers in my ears.
    Seriously, if you have a small TV like I do, letterbox is hell, especially when you're short-sighted.

Hate it when Ive forgotten to remove the penalty for piracy warnings on my burnt disks.........
    I'm using a lot of oxygen and such I think it's good use of oxygen myself, but of course, I'm a little prejudiced on the matter.

I hate those newer style cases where you have to flip the tabs before you can open the damn case. I dont know how many times I've looked like a retard trying to pry one of those things open only to realize I forgot to flip the tabs.

Also, I seriously fucking hate when companies release a dvd, and then 2 months later release the "special edition" with all the extra crap. Its like, if I really like a movie I'll buy it when it first comes out, but honestly I'd rather have the special edition, but theres no way in hell I'd buy the damn movie twice and it pisses the fuck out of me that they do that because then when a movie I like comes out its like "Should I get this? Or should I wait and see if they come out with a special edition?"

And in line with that, I hate new dvds that come out with the theatrical trailer and cast bios being the ONLY special features...I can understand that with rereleases, but not new to dvd...

I also hate those new cardboard style cases that you pop the plastic part open and then the cardboard cover folds open...they're such shit and they're ugly and they arent protecting a damn thing.

And the stupid two sided dvds for widescreen and full screen...its like, i like having the option, but I hate having two exposed dvd sides. Theres no safe place to set them because both sides contain something that you dont want to scratch...

And I hate when they come out with shows on dvd and make the first season this huge box with like, 8 dvds and then the subsequent seasons are tiny little boxes with the 2 sided dvds so they dont look right sitting on your shelf (All the law and order series -the original, CI and SVU are guilty of this, as is House)...if you're selling something that is supposed to be a set, make all the boxes similar so they LOOK like a set.

And because I am one who falls asleep with the tv on, I hate dvds that have title screens with music/noise that never stops. Most title screens with music eventually just stop playing the music, but there are some where it just repeats over and over and over. I hate waking up with the L&O theme music stuck in my head, or random stupid quotes from napoleon dynamite repeating over and over.

I could seriously go on for days with this...
    Dramatically overdramatic

Thread Information