Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hannibal Rising (the next Lecter movie)

Default Hannibal Rising (the next Lecter movie)

http://www.hannibalrising.co.uk/

Didn't even know they were making this one, comes out next month.

Can't they just Let It Go already?!
    2 years...

Elite Member

Oooooohhhh! I just saw the trailer for this yesterday and it looks goooooddd!
    I am reading the book now. I got it for Christmas. I thought the book was new, how could they have a movie coming out already? I checked the publication date on the book and it is 2006. Maybe the author wrote the screenplay first and then the book?

The book is great. I've read all the Hannibal books and this one is my favorite so far.

****SEMI SPOILER******

You totally get where Hannibal is coming from and actually start to root for him a little! He metes out his own version of justice. He doesn't just kill randomly...the people he picks are ones who sort of deserve it.

I think my dad said that he was working on both at the same time or something like that so that it could be a large sort of dual release of both. I still haven't picked up the book, and I won't see the movie til I read the book. At least this one's a prequel and not trying to pick up where Hannibal left off.

Hannibal blew, and Red Dragon was infinitely lame. they should have stopped with the Lambs.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I've read the book and its not good. Hannibal was the worst but hannibal Rising is not much better. I do, however, think they can make something out of the movie. Its a good story, but the author wrote it almost like he's sick to death of the subject.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I've read the book and its not good. Hannibal was the worst but hannibal Rising is not much better. I do, however, think they can make something out of the movie. Its a good story, but the author wrote it almost like he's sick to death of the subject.
    I disagree...I think he put a lot of care into making Hannibal (this monster) into a somewhat sympathetic character. The way Hannibal cares for his little sister is so touching. Her murder is what put him over the edge of sanity. And in a way he is driven to protect the innocent.

I don't think we disagree, I said it was a good story, I just don't think the job he did writing it was very good, and because it is a good story they may be able to make a decent movie from it. So I'll withhold judgment re the film.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm sure it will be good. i just hate these backwards movie
    parts 1-6 type thingies..lol

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    I disagree...I think he put a lot of care into making Hannibal (this monster) into a somewhat sympathetic character. The way Hannibal cares for his little sister is so touching. Her murder is what put him over the edge of sanity. And in a way he is driven to protect the innocent.
    Yes, I agree. You got some insight into what made him tick. He reminds me of Dexter from the Showtime series, another serial killer you can feel sympathy for. It was an interesting story. I was wondering, like you, how they could have made the movie so fast.

a little off topic but is that guy a hottie or am I just attracted to crazy murderers?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperHeroTights View Post
    a little off topic but is that guy a hottie or am I just attracted to crazy murderers?
    Hahah, I thought he looked a little cute too.. But I do like so-called creepy looking guys!

haha oh me too. I see you like Cillian Murphey too? I guess we both have issues as far as liking guys who play killers huh? Oh well at least I'm not alone. hehe

I do! He is my favorite. And Jonathan Rhys Meyers is up there! He can be a little creepy.

Back on topic somewhat.. What's up with handsome men playing a young Anthony Hopkins? First Wentworth Miller in The Human Stain, now this guy in Hannibal Rising. Somehow I doubt Sir Anthony was very handsome in his actual young adulthood.

^^ That is a bit of an odd casting choice. Good point CherubRock. I wonder what motivated the casting directors to go in that direction. Now I'm curious. Maybe to attract more females to the movie? It works on me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information