Thread: Reality Show: Armed and Famous

Bronze Member

Default Reality Show: Armed and Famous

Muncie, Indiana will be the setting of the reality show on CBS called Armed and Famous! I guess this will start this coming January, well looking forward to witness how these bunch of spoiled Hollywood people undergone a hard training to become a police officer. Anyone heard about this new reality show?

Yes, you spammed about it here a couple of days ago then the thread got deleted. Intelliminds Sucks.

Step one: ask if anyone has heard of the show.
    Step two: wait for response
    Step three: post link to clip of promo on Youtube
    Last edited by twitchy; January 5th, 2007 at 04:52 AM.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I think Erik Estrada is one of the celebrities, which is kind of ironic, I think.

haha Muncie....there was an article in our newspaper about the little tiff Erik Estrada got into with some dude he was "arresting" or whatever he does. I wanna see Wee-man! lol I wish they would've shot it here in Lafayette. I just got pulled over a couple weeks ago...to think it could've been Latoya Jackson....wow.

^how can you tell?at this point all the jacksons look alike.
    maybe it was tito?
    When you're strange
    Faces come out of the rain

I've seen previews for it and it looks ridiculous and the "celebrities" on this show are barely even celebrities

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by latinaforever View Post
    ^how can you tell?at this point all the jacksons look alike.
    maybe it was tito?
    You got that right. LOL! I donít know whatís more scarier, Janetís boobies popping out at the Super Bowl or older crazy sister with a gun? LOL!

absorbed=lizardslayer=cool19=intelliminds

The spam gets subtle.

How'd you're freaking Elvis in TV Guide promo go?

For All Elvis Fanatics out there!!! Name: rock_rules Date Posted: Nov 30, 06 - 12:09 AM Email: crazy_chimico@yahoo.com Message: Hey guys! guess what, there's a special elvis holiday issue at TV Guide this december... i heard audiences will be able to purchase 4 different CD issues w/ 4 different Images of Elvis & previously unreleased version of Elvis "It Won't Seem Like Christmas Without You", and Elvis music video signing "Blue Christmas". This is great for all Elvis Collectors like me... what do you think guys!?!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

A public warning:

Spammers will be banned permanently! It is against our forum rules to spam/advertize.

If they continue to come back under different user names, we'll get the admin to ban by ISP/IPs.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I admit, I actually caught the first half hour of this show. Then it looked ridiculous and turned into a big farce, so I turned it off.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

I watched both episodes, last night and tonight and I actually like it. I cracked up when Erik Estrada and his partner busted this old woman with no teeth for drugs or something and she was in the back of the squad car goin "You tryin' to get rid of me, Ponch?" These guys are actually taking the job seriously which surprised me. I thought the whole show would be about how bad can these people mess up being a cop but they don't do a half bad job. I think I'll keep watching. Plus, it takes place in Indiana so I have to see if any of them make any comments on Hoosiers, since I am one. lol

*Sigh* What the fu-- is happening to television these days!?

I'll tell you what's happening! Good, wholesome television is going down the crapper!!!

Some of these 'reality' shows are the reason that brilliant, funny, well-written regular t.v. shows or sitcoms are getting canned! And that makes me so mad!!!

I will admit, I do find SOME reality shows amusing...but most of them are just too much, imo...

Pretty soon sitcoms won't even exist anymore...everything will be reality television...and that's terrifying to me...

And ugh, 'Armed and Famous'? How lame can the title get...'celebrities' *coughhasbeenscough* training to be cops!?

What's next...a reality show about 'celebrities' and their excellent adventures and bogus journey's in far away lands, adopting children, advertising world peace and all that good stuff?

Honestly...these 'has been' celebrities should be getting down on their knees and thanking the whole idea of 'reality television' because if it weren't for all of these ridiculous reality shows featuring so many washed out, has been, B, C and even D list celebrities- 95% of the world would still not know their name...and they wouldn't be receiving such a big, fat pay check either...

Sorry, just had to rant!

I'm done now! =X

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Great rant.

Reality TV is cheap to make I think. You know I'm so old that I remember when MTV had music on it?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Armed, Famous & Canceled

by Natalie Finn
    Mon, 29 Jan 2007 06:58:51 PM PST

Not that we needed a reality series to prove it, but apparently Erik Estrada, La Toya Jackson and Jack Osbourne are no match for Simon, Paula and Randy.
    CBS has canceled the celebs-as-law-enforcement experiment Armed & Famous after only four episodes, blaming the series' downfall on lackluster ratings.
    "Going up against American Idol was a tall task for the show," network spokesman Chris Ender said.
    'Nuf said, really, although we could add that it wasn't exactly a critical darling, either. ("This is the perfect score: a show so bad even Fox wouldn't touch it," Newsday critic Verne Gay wrote. Smell the unintentional irony.)
    Armed & Famous' ratings road took a downhill turn after a respectable 45th-place premiere (8.1 million viewers) on Jan. 10 and a Jan. 11 follow-up episode that attracted 7.7 million.
    The following week, airing opposite Idol's Wednesday installment, the show pulled in only 5.8 million.
    The Muncie, Indiana-set series followed CHiPs alum and former Surreal Life roommate Erik Estrada; singer, famous sibling and Psychic Friend La Toya Jackson; Jackass' Jason "Wee Man" Acuña; MTV reality vet Jack Osbourne and former WWE star Trish Harder as they trained to become reserve police officers and then headed out on patrol with some of Muncie's finest.
    "I don't understand that part of the business," Muncie Mayor Dan Canan told the local Star Press, referring to the question of ratings and network performance. "I'm just pleased with how the city was portrayed and how the department was portrayed. It's showing the general public what they're doing in the middle of the night when everyone else is asleep."
    While the finished series featured numerous reality show-friendly scenarios, such as the celebrities absorbing 50,000-volt shots from a stun gun, an emotional graduation ceremony during which they're awarded their hard-earned badges and an elderly drug trafficker who can't believe she's being arrested by Ponch from CHiPs, the production was not without its complications.
    For instance, shortly after filming began in November, Jackson almost lost her place on the thin blue line after failing to complete the required amount of pushups during her physical assessment. She later redeemed herself, however, by hitting the bull's-eye during target practice at the shooting range. (And yes, that involved a real gun, with real bullets.)
    Jackson then lost some of that cred when, dining at a casual local restaurant with her assigned partner, she asks the waiter to spruce up the table with some finger bowls.
    In the breaking even department: Jackson, so afraid of cats that the sight of one on a doorstep sends her flailing back to the patrol car when she's supposed to be writing up a burglary report, ends up seeing a cat therapist, who helps the "Heart Don't Lie" singer overcome her childhood fear.
    And Estrada, despite his previous experience as an on-camera cop, found himself in hot water with the police chief earlier this month after losing his cool with a man who was stabbed in the leg during a domestic dispute who referred to the actor as "Emilio Estevez."
    Estrada accompanied the 53-year-old suspect into a waiting ambulance, where they exchanged expletive-laced barbs.
    "The key to the whole thing is that we don't want to get into a shouting match with anybody," Police Chief Joe Winkle told the Star Press at the time—before seeing the footage that ended up on Episode Four of the series, but after the incident became front-page news in Muncie. "But that's one of those things you learn as a young policeman. You eventually learn that it's not effective."
    "If he has an opinion on something you've done wrong, he isn't shy on sharing it," Armed & Famous producer Tom Forman said. "And I suspect that's all this was."
    At least one of the series' unaired episodes is scheduled to be televised on VH1 this weekend. A total of seven were in the works, and a VH1 spokeswoman said that, if producers complete the remaining two installments, they too will most likely be shown on the cable network.

source:
    http://www.eonline.com/news/article/...e-b99d6e60ba97

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Thread Information