Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little People Big World

Default Little People Big World

I was just curious if anyone here likes this show as much as I do? It is a show on TLC about a couple that are both "little people" and they have four kids-twins, one average height and one a little person, and two younger children both average height as well. It is very addicting. I thought I was like the only person watching it and then someone I work with brought it up and found out quite a few people there really like it. I absolutely love this family and find them hilarious and yet so sincere and real.

I am looking forward to the new season in March and hope that the youngest son recovers well from his trebuchet accident.
    "I've got a raging clue right now"

I've watched it some. The dad gets on my nerves, and unfortunately, he seems to get on his wife's nerves, as well. She really doesn't seem to like her husband much at ALL, which is a little unsettling to watch. She seems uptight & irritable & controlling a lot, but I have a feeling that it's because she thinks her husband is not realistic or good with money. I think I would like her if she wasn't with him.

I do like all 3 of the kids, though. They're cool kids.

Come to think of it, mom was more relaxed when she was away from home for Molly's bed & breakfast birthday. I think I'm right - her husband just pisses her off. I don't think she wanted a farm, either, but he had to have one, and then stands around barking orders about farming to his kids while he points his crutches.

There is another show about little people, and I only caught it once. It came on right after Little People Big World, but I can't remember the name. I liked that family better than this one.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^^ Those were my impressions about the mom too. I watched this show when it was on in the past and yeah, the mother isn't exactly smitten with her husband.

He's very childish and acts bratty and she has to come in and be the only adult. A farm is all la-di-da but she's the one who has to do the drudgery of paperwork and behind the scenes crappola while her hubby is out selling pumpkins.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think she has no respect for him because he's kinda weak, as far as being a strong male authority figure (regardless of his size), and she has to wear the pants in the family to compensate for his wimpy ass. I think their kids run all over both of them, though.

I like this show, and have watched pretty much every episode. The mom and dad's relationship has its ups and downs, but I think that's pretty much the norm with any marriage. There is one episode when they (the parents) take a short vacation by themselves, and they are very loving towards each other; I thought it was very sweet that at one point in the vac, when they were at dinner, Matt says to Amy "I don't just love you, I adore you."

KD
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post

There is another show about little people, and I only caught it once. It came on right after Little People Big World, but I can't remember the name. I liked that family better than this one.

Are they the family that adopted the little person, their daughter from Russia and she has autism? I like that family as well, very nice people.

Amy does come off as a bitch, but she also seems like a good mom. I have to laugh at myself though, when I see the kids sleeping directly on their mattresses and not on sheets, I want to GAG!! That is nasty. ANd the kids are SLOBS! Clean your rooms!!

Yes! The family with the little russian girl. Is that still on?

KD
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Yes! The family with the little russian girl. Is that still on?
    Not sure, I only saw it the once, but I really liked the parents. They seemed like good parents and they also seemed like they liked and loved one another. I can't even remember the name of the show. I have CRS. Can't Remember Shit.

I hear ya. Myself, I have Sometimers.

I have never seen this show, but know someone who is ADDICTED to it. Need to check it out...

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I love this show I think they are the nicest family on a reality show...granted you usually get weird ass, obnoxious families on any other reality programs but I like how on this show they seem just so normal (and sweet ) despite their physical hardship.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

They actually live around here, and the mom has come into my work a few times. And I have to say, every time I've come in contact with her shes been a TOTAL bitch.

The first time she came in (it was before they started the show) she was trying to get a wreath down off the wall using our little grabber pole thing. I went up to her and asked if she needed some help. Not because I actually thought she did, but because the pole thing is for employee use only. If a customer uses it and something falls and they hurt themselves or they hit someone with it by accident, we are responsible, so its kept behind our floral counter...the only way to get it and use it is to go behind the counter for it, which obviously she did...so my question was more of an attempt to hint that she wasnt supposed to be using the pole herself. So I ask, and she glares at me and snaps "I can do it myself THANK YOU" and goes back to what shes doing. I thought it rather rude, but I didnt want to push it and get yelled at or something so I just thought "fuck it" and left.

The next time she came in, I saw her climbing up on a chair in our scrapbooking department to get something down. Again, its a liability thing (employees arent even allowed to stand on chairs/tables/counters whatever to get stuff down, so customers especially arent...in case they fall or something gets knocked down, we are held responsible) so I go up and ask her if she needs some help and again she glares at me and says "No I dont" and then just goes back to what shes doing and ignores me.

Its like, every time she comes in she does something that shes not allowed to for safety reasons, and then gets all pissed of at me when I offer to help. Its like, not everything is me attacking you for your height or trying to belittle you or anything, its about me not wanting to lose my job if you fall and break something and decide to sue the store after I ignored you climbing up on one of our tables...

Thankfully since they've started airing the show she hasnt really been in....I saw her once after the first season aired, but it was only in passing...her son Zach (the little twin) came in on a separate occasion after the first season aired and he was really nice, so obviously its just her...

^^^I don't know why, but that post just made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by haggard View Post
    They actually live around here, and the mom has come into my work a few times. And I have to say, every time I've come in contact with her shes been a TOTAL bitch.

The first time she came in (it was before they started the show) she was trying to get a wreath down off the wall using our little grabber pole thing. I went up to her and asked if she needed some help. Not because I actually thought she did, but because the pole thing is for employee use only. If a customer uses it and something falls and they hurt themselves or they hit someone with it by accident, we are responsible, so its kept behind our floral counter...the only way to get it and use it is to go behind the counter for it, which obviously she did...so my question was more of an attempt to hint that she wasnt supposed to be using the pole herself. So I ask, and she glares at me and snaps "I can do it myself THANK YOU" and goes back to what shes doing. I thought it rather rude, but I didnt want to push it and get yelled at or something so I just thought "fuck it" and left.

The next time she came in, I saw her climbing up on a chair in our scrapbooking department to get something down. Again, its a liability thing (employees arent even allowed to stand on chairs/tables/counters whatever to get stuff down, so customers especially arent...in case they fall or something gets knocked down, we are held responsible) so I go up and ask her if she needs some help and again she glares at me and says "No I dont" and then just goes back to what shes doing and ignores me.

Its like, every time she comes in she does something that shes not allowed to for safety reasons, and then gets all pissed of at me when I offer to help. Its like, not everything is me attacking you for your height or trying to belittle you or anything, its about me not wanting to lose my job if you fall and break something and decide to sue the store after I ignored you climbing up on one of our tables...

Thankfully since they've started airing the show she hasnt really been in....I saw her once after the first season aired, but it was only in passing...her son Zach (the little twin) came in on a separate occasion after the first season aired and he was really nice, so obviously its just her...
    She used to come into my store (way back when I worked retail) when the twins were babies. She did seem standoffish way back then - but I guess I was a bad customer service rep and never offered to help her! Shame on you Haggard, how could you?!

I do think it's a trip though to see stores and familiar places on TV. I recall seeing the Roloff pumpkin signs, but haven't gone out there.

Maybe it's NOT just her husband that pisses her off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information