Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Factory Girl!

Default Factory Girl!

WHAT is the deal with this movie?? Anyone know??

On Moviefone, it still has the release date as Dec. 29. But then I just read an article about Bob Dylan suing to stop the release of the movie, because he thinks his thinly-veiled portrayal in the movie is defamation. I guess it implies that he was responsible for Edie's suicide/OD?

Which BTW, I think is complete BS-- I've read tons of books on Edie and she was fairly happily married when she died, and she had moved on with things.

But beside all of that, I just want to see this movie!!!! It was going to be the highlight of my THanksgiving holiday...then it got pushed back to Christmas.
    Now I hear Feb?

It got pushed back and back and back because it sucks and they needed to re-edit and re-film certain scenes.

Ten bucks says it goes straight to video.
    No one wants to see Sienna Miller prance around, attempting to emulate someone as iconic as Edie. Its an insult, both to Edie and to the general public.

As much as I detest Sienna Miller, I think I'd watch this movie just to see Guy Pierce portray Andy Warhol. He looked great in the previews.
    debauched.

Sienna Miller is such a bitch that I hope it BOMBS badly, whenever its released. Would do her a world of good to be taken down a few notches in life...

Why does everyone hate Sienna? I really don't get it. It seemed like for a while, she was this interesting, up-and-coming star with great style. And then all of a sudden, everyone hated her.

Besides the Shitsberg comments, why do people hate her? I truly don't get it...

I for one think the movie looks amazing and I cannot wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    Why does everyone hate Sienna? I really don't get it. It seemed like for a while, she was this interesting, up-and-coming star with great style. And then all of a sudden, everyone hated her.

Besides the Shitsberg comments, why do people hate her? I truly don't get it...

I for one think the movie looks amazing and I cannot wait to see it.
    what style? there is nothing original about her stuff. she just copies off kate moss.

she is famous because of jude law. she is an average actress at best.

From what I heard Sienna Miller isn't the worst part of the movie. People are saying that she did an alright job, and most of the scenes that they reshot fixed problems with her performance, which means the weird accent from the previews is gone.

From the sounds of things people are having bigger issues with Hayden Christensen, the writing, and the wardrobe.

They're doing very limited showings now to be eligible for this year's Oscars. A wide-release, if it gets one, is being talked about for sometime between Martin Luther King Day and early February.

oh Hayden Christensen is a godawful horrible actor, no wonder they're struggling around him. I swear he must give the best blowjobs in Hollywood, that has to be the only way he gets jobs.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

You can see it online in places - I watched it tonight. It was...odd. I don't know that much about Edie or Andy or any of that, but it seemed to me not so much the performances that were ehhh but that the dialogue was just trying too hard to be profound. Everyone just comes off as really pretentious but with nothing to back it up. The way they shot it was kind of cool, though - the cinematography and camera/color stuff.

[edit to add:] Hayden made me cringe in Star Wars, but he was better here. Which isn't to say that he still doesn't have the emotional range of a peanut, but...it worked better in Factory Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    oh Hayden Christensen is a godawful horrible actor, no wonder they're struggling around him. I swear he must give the best blowjobs in Hollywood, that has to be the only way he gets jobs.
    true, true. but he's so pretty!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Where did you see it online? I tried to see it last weekend and it was only playing in ONE theater in all of Los Angeles. Such BS.

I saw Sienna on Jon Stewart the other night. When he introduced her they showed a clip from Factory Girl, and it was AWFUL. When they flashed back to him you could tell he was trying not to laugh at how godawful it was. Great comedy! Oh, I found the clip:

http://www.egotastic.com/video?cc=81643&w=340&h=325&info=Sienna%20Miller%20 on%20The%20Daily%20Show%20with%20Jon%20Stewart

This movie will be terrible.

Besides the (extremely limited) December release for Oscar nom purposes, it was was released in a limited number of cities on Feb. 2. If my memory serves me correctly, it was then supposed to be released nationwide on Feb. 9... but it wasn't. (I searched for a showing in my area, but it's not playing anywhere in Texas yet.) Someone on the IMDB board for Factory Girl said that the nationwide release got pushed back to Feb. 16 (in two days). I hope that's correct, but I can't seem to find any sort of official announcement as to what's going on.

Pretty much, the film isn't getting great reviews, but Sienna and Guy Pierce supposedly give outstanding performances. Apparently Hayden was grossly mis-cast...

I really want to see it! I really hope it comes out this week!
    ~ Catharine

Resurrecting this thread I'm just watching this movie, it's actually not as bas as I thought it'd be, Hayden is actually OK in it and I don't want to stab Sienna yet so all in all a marginal success anyone else seen it? My friend recommended it to me, she loved it.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information