Thread: Identity

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Identity

Anybody watch this show this week? I love it.

I think they should change the title of the show to stereotypes, it would be much more suiting.

What's this show about? Is anybody well-known in it?

like the show hate the emcee

bee... the show is people are on a stage and they give you a list of "identities" such as... painter... circus performer ... academy award winner.. etc... and the contestant guesses the identity that matches to each person... going up with money as they are guessed right... you win where you stop...

I wouldn't be good at this game. I'm too analytical, even for this. In an episode where one of the choices was 'Sumo Wrestler' and there was a big fat asian guy in a sumo diaper thing, I said "Nah.. that's too obvious! It can't be him.. He's probably the video game technician." Yea, well, he was the sumo wrestler. Seems obvious, but it seemed just to easy for me. I would not win at this game, not unless the audience and indentities had an extra four hours to spare.. that's probably how long it would take me to get through a few rounds.

^^ I watched it the first time it aired, and what I quickly realized is that it's not designed to trick you or be really difficult. The obvious ones are obvious, the not-so-obvious ones are designed to be subtle, but none are designed as a trick. The burlesque dancer is the one in the burlesque costume, the sumo wrestler is the giant man in the diaper, etc. It's when it comes down to "Scientologist", "Cable Guy", etc. that people get hung up.

I definitely thought the same as you at first though, Stylejunkiex. I hope that they made it clear to the contestants beforehand that they weren't creating "trick" identities up there.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

The last one I watched...one of the identities this old lady had to guess was New Kid On The Block and Jordan Knight was actually in the line up. But she didn't make it that far and I kinda felt bad for him cuz he was just standing there and didn't even get a spot light, even though he was the most "well known" and a celebrity among the identities.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I liked the one where they had Bruce Jenner up there and one of the choices was Olympic Gold Medalist. The dorky guy had NO idea and picked Bruce for the "Magician" or "Ventriloquist" (I can't remember which it was) because he was wearing a tux! The audience was laughing and Teller (the host) even joked about it!

Thread Information