Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trading Spouses

Default Trading Spouses

Anyone watch this show last Friday (12/15)? Kinda disturbing. Marco was hot enough to look at, but the situations in both families are pretty heavy and depressing!
    The first step to acquiring wisdom is to admit that you really know nothing.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I caught the beginning of it but didn't watch the whole thing.
    It was kinda hard for me to believe Marco was straight...just sterotyping...and the lady that was married to him didn't seem like a good match but looks ain't everything, is it

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I watched it, I got sucked in. Marco seems like an ass but you're right, verrrrrrrry stereotypical- detached, cheating, gorgeous Spanish man.

The dad in Buffalo worries me more than Marco, you can't treat your kids like that. At least Marco spent time with his kids.

I'll watch the second one, will you?

Yep, I'll watch it (heck, I'll probably DVR it again and FF through the depressing parts again)! I agree, the dad in Buffalo was really hard to watch. I feel so bad for the family, but then again, it was the mom & his choice to live that way.

I was also annoyed by Henrietta's (the "rich mom") description of her life: "people envy my glamorous life" or something to that effect. I can't stand people like that, but I guess I kinda feel sorry for her bc it appears as if she doesn't have the best marriage in the world...

Hit By Ban Bus!

I thought the second episode went really well for their respective situations, until it was revealed how Henrietta divied up the other family's $50,000. What the hell was she thinking?! A trip to Rome?? Redecorating their house?? A donation to the mayor?? What the fuck -- I was really pissed about and disappointed in that.

Yeah agreed. She should've just said '$5000 for home improvements' and been done with it. I guess the donation to the mayor was because she thought the town looked dumpy(?) But would any rational human being just give their mayor money for shits and giggles? No WAY! I hope the Hawkins can reallocate the money according to their needs.

I too thought the allocation of money on Henrietta's part was HORRIBLE! Didn't she also (in addition to the $ to the mayor) allocate money to some senator? She came off as reasonable and reasonably intelligent & empathetic in the show, but BAM, what a dumb-shit way to spend those people's money!

I saw on the TS boards that she left Marco...quite a different ending than what Fox would have us believe!

Do you know if she apologized to the Hawkins for the money? And if they're doing better?

Maybe some marriages aren't meant to be, I don't know how long I could stick around with a Marco-like guy either.

Okay, I just read the boards and Henrietta is shitting herself trying to make herself understood and Marla is still pissed off.

But H said this: "Some here (on the boards) were instinctual enough about domestic violence. Violence comes in all shapes and sizes and is usually silent. Producers make very sure that none has ever been reported, and do all kinds of background checks. Let's just say that what is not said does not mean that it never happened."

Is she implying there was domestinc abuse in her home?

I've only seen this show, maybe once.

There was one episode, that I didn't actually see, but it made Oprah--it was a very wealthy family vs rather modest family. VERY interesting.

I get sucked in, sometimes they're boring but sometimes the families are such polar opposites, it's like watching atoms collide.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I've only seen this show, maybe once.

There was one episode, that I didn't actually see, but it made Oprah--it was a very wealthy family vs rather modest family. VERY interesting.
    ^^^ It was Wife Swap that was on Oprah. It tries to take itself more seriously whereas Trading Spouses goes for the Jerry Springer theatrics.

One thing I wish TS would do is a true followup a few weeks later. Just showing them the night the mom's return isn't enough of a conclusion esp when you've got the unresolved issues they've shown the past few episodes.

Default God-Warrior Marguerite Perrin returning to Trading Spouses!

"God Warrior" Marguerite Perrin returning to Fox's 'Trading Spouses'

She may have lost more than 90 pounds, but don't let the slim exterior fool you.

Self-proclaimed "God Warrior" Marguerite Perrin will return to Fox's Trading Spouses: Meet Your New Mommy in a special two-part episode airing Friday, January 19 and Friday, January 26 at 9PM ET/PT. Perrin appeared on the show last season when she traded homes with a New Age humanist from Boxborough, MA and didn't waste much time trying to convert her new family to Christianity. After ranting against the forces of the "dark side," Perrin eventually took the $50,000 prize she originally called "tainted" and used it for gastric bypass surgery, which helped her lose 94 pounds.

This season, Perrin will be living in the St. Petersburg, FL home of Abasi Malone and LaToya Brown, who are so environmentally conscious they recycle rain and so politically active that Malone hosts a talk show that addresses issues in the African American community. Brown homeschools the couple's seven-year-old daughter while Malone drives a taxi and delivers newspapers.

Meanwhile, Perrin still resides in Ponchatoula, LA with her husband Barry, daughters Ashley and Brooke and granddaughter Abigail, as the family believes in traditional southern hospitality while running a thriving dance studio. Needless to say, it doesn't take too long for the traded spouse to start trading verbal jabs with Malone over her views on race, social justice and politics.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/-...ouses-4488.php
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

It is soooooooo disturbing that they're bringing back this awful woman. I really hope its ratings tank!

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    It is soooooooo disturbing that they're bringing back this awful woman. I really hope its ratings tank!
    Tank? I don't think so. People were making avatars of her the first time around. I agree that she's horrible, but she's also very entertaining.

She is a total psycho.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information