Thread: Deadwood (HBO)

Default Deadwood (HBO)

Any Deadwood fans around? I'm so sad the show is canceled. At least they're not going to leave it hanging like they did with Carnivale and do two TV movies...
    debauched.

Yeah I LOVE Deadwood! It's a crime that it's been cancelled. The guys who pulled the plug must have been "loopy fu*king c*nts!" as Al would say!
    Curiouser and curiouser...

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

true its a great but dense show; you really have to concentrate it seems to be able to understand it. and I wish they wrapped up Carnivale! Thats so sad and angering that they didnt!

Yeah, it really is very dense. The language is so poetic and I was watching some bonus features about the development of the script. It's amazing to watch David Milch and the rest of the team at work. All of the actors and actresses are amazing. It's weird seeing them as other characters in other movies/TV shows. I saw an episode of Cold Case the other night and it took me a while to recognize Robin Weigert (Calamity Jane). I love Ian McShane and am trying, without any luck, to get my hands on Lovejoy.

They are "loopy f*cking c*nts" for canceling the show!!
    debauched.

I love Ian McShane and am trying, without any luck, to get my hands on Lovejoy.
    I hate to say it but I think you might be disappointed when you do manage to see it... it's terrible! So cheesy and naff! This show was huge in the UK and I never thought that after watching it McShane would have the ability to pull a character like Al off because Lovejoy was really pants! I was totally blown away though after seeing him in Deadwood - he truly is a fantastic actor!
    Last edited by pinklilycat; December 15th, 2006 at 05:50 PM.
    Curiouser and curiouser...

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ I love him too! He's hot as hell!!

Thread Information