Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 30 Rock

Default 30 Rock

This show is absolutely hilarious. If it gets cancelled, I'll be freaking pissed. Thus, you all need to start watching it. Thursdays at 9:30 ET people! You can see funny clips here, as well as entire episodes: http://www.nbc.com/30_Rock/. Mark it in your calendars bitches!

Elite Member

i tried to watch this and i also tried to watch the matthew perry one? studio 60 on sunset or something..somehow i could get into either of these shows. i thought tina fey was great on snl's weekend update tho

Did you watch it from the beginning xoxo? Because I had caught it casually a couple of times and hadn't been interested but then I watched a bunch online from beginning to end and found them hilarious. Seems like I'm the only one around here.

Elite Member

^^actually i didn't watch from the beginning, maybe that was the problem..i saw the tracy morgan episode first i think, the one where tina thinks he can't read lol

You should try watching them from the beginning. Last week, Alec Baldwin had one of the funniest lines I've heard in ages. He waltzes into Tina Fey's office and is like, why are your blinds closed? He opens them, looks outside, and very slowly is like, "There is a man passionately...and angrily...making love to himself." Then Tina was like, yeah, that's why the blinds were closed. Passionately and angrily making love to himself haha, I thought that was freaking hilarious. And oh yeah, fyi, each episode has been better than the last. I think once they get into a groove, it really will be a great show.
    Last edited by Somerset; December 5th, 2006 at 03:03 AM.

Eli

I don't find it freaking hilarious but after a whole season in less than a week I'd say I am comfortably obsessed. Oh I wish there were shows like this that would have 5 episodes a week
    and last from September to May.

I also tried watching it 2 or 3 times and couldn't get into it. I think Tina Fey is best behind the scenes- writing, etc. I don't think she's as funny or as great of an actress on camera as she thinks she is.

I've seen a bit of the show, here and there. Couldn't get into it either. But then, last week, I actually sat down and watched it, and it made me laugh. So, I'm willing to give it another try.

^ ZOMG, you guys are missing out on a LOT. The show starts a little slow - watch the episodes in order, get to the fifth episode before giving up on it, and you will be greatly rewarded. The second season just finished - this is THE funniest, most consistently-written show on TV! Alec and Tina are spectacular together!
    Last edited by Tati; May 13th, 2008 at 11:13 AM.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I love this show,Jack's(Alec Baldwin')lines are great.
    My favorite:"Never go with a hippie to a secondary location."
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Alec Baldwin IS really good in it. Just the bits I have seen of it, he stole it.

Eli

Okay now I have to agree with the positives of this show. Once you get to know the characters (especially Kenneth) you'll most likely adore this show like you do. It's actually incredibly funny, especially later on into season 1 (haven't seen season 2 yet).

I rented the DVDs last fall, and the first two or three episodes I thought--Enh, not horrible, but not great, and then BAM! Everyone hit their stride, and it is just phenomenal. It's brilliant, and it actually makes me laugh out loud consistently.

Baldwin is astonishingly good. Fey is adorable, Kenneth is lovable, even Tracy Morgan is great. I never liked him on SNL, but he's perfect here. And DENNIS? Oh my god, I love me some Dennis.

love this show. alec baldwin is genius.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I rented the DVDs last fall, and the first two or three episodes I thought--Enh, not horrible, but not great, and then BAM! Everyone hit their stride, and it is just phenomenal.
    Absolutely, absolutely, abso-freaking-lutely! My guy and I watched the first one together, we were both kind of meh... but I kept watching the next few in my spare time, while he took a break. Then they hit episode four or five and it was just - BAM! I downloaded all the episodes and made him watch from the start. We now both want to marry Liz Lemon.

Everyone I recommend this series to, I tell them, just stick with it till episode five. And they do, and they become as obsessed as I.

And it's so ENDLESSLY quotable!
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information