Thread: Yellow 'Wiggle' Greg Page to leave 'The Wiggles'

Default Yellow 'Wiggle' Greg Page to leave 'The Wiggles'

GREG PAGE LEAVES THE WIGGLES

Thursday November 30

The Wiggles have sadly announced today that Greg Page, also known as the Yellow Wiggle, is unable to continue performing with The Wiggles due to a chronic condition and has reached the decision to leave the group.

Greg has been suffering symptoms for many months, affecting his ability to perform. The condition is related to blood pressure and while in no way life threatening it affects his balance, breathing and coordination at unpredictable times and with varying severity. Greg has discovered he is genetically predisposed to this condition and that he now needs to focus on managing his health.

Greg is a founding member of The Wiggles and has devoted 15 years to the group. The whole band, crew, and all Wiggles staff, have expressed their sadness and their wishes for Greg to overcome his health problems.

The Wiggles this year have continued their worldwide success, just completing a tour of the US, and have announced Greg’s replacement with his understudy Sam Moran to ensure the continued future of one of Australia’s most successful entertainment troupes.

“This emotional decision was one which was very difficult, as I have dedicated almost half my life to the Wiggles, and with a question mark over my health, I feel that this is the right decision. I will miss The Wiggles and the other guys very much, as well as seeing all the children in the audiences that we perform in front of. I wish the guys continued success, and welcome Sam Moran with open arms to the Yellow Skivvy – I know he is a great performer, and is well equipped to be the Yellow Wiggle,” Greg said.

Sam has been performing with The Wiggles for the past nine years and as understudy has performed over 150 shows as the Yellow Wiggle. Educated at the Conservatorium of Music, Sam has been a Wiggly dancer, Wiggly band member and will be a wonderful addition to the group.

Murray Cook (Red Wiggle) said, “I know I speak for all The Wiggles and our staff in expressing our sadness at Greg’s leaving. The four of us started from humble beginnings 15 years ago and we’ve been through many adventures together. We will miss Greg as a superb singer, performer and songwriter but mostly we’ll miss him on the road as a friend and ally. We wish him well in dealing with his illness and in future.”

“We welcome Sam in his place in the Wiggles. We know first hand that he is an extremely talented performer and is already well-loved by our Wiggly audience”.

The Wiggles will continue to tour the world, record and film new DVDs with Sam Moran as the new Yellow Wiggle.
    http://community.livejournal.com/ohn...57.html#cutid1

For those of you w/small children, you know them well.......

I just heard this on the radio. They gave the name for his condition. I forgot it now but it sounds quite horrible. Poor guy.

Just goes to show you that money cannot buy everything--like health. Dudes got more money than God, but....well, hopefully he can get some good treatment and live a decent life.

Those damned Wiggles ... I hate them. I know that's mean but all that singing about fruit salad and the like drove me nuts! Thankfully, my son outgrew them and I was able to pass the movies on to my nieces! They were like the Teletubbies in human form.....
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I have a little crush on the blue one

"Greg Page, the magician and Yellow Wiggle in the popular fluorescent-clad foursome, suffers from orthostatic intolerance, a disorder which stops his heart from pumping enough blood while standing or dancing."

"Page fell ill this year, experiencing frequent fainting spells, dizziness and lethargy. He will be replaced by an understudy.
    James Thomson, who edits business magazine BRW, said Page's departure was unlikely to affect The Wiggles empire, which includes franchises in Taiwan and Latin America and which will soon extend to China and India.
    "We're talking about Yellow Wiggle rather than a person's name, so you can probably substitute another yellow Wiggle and get away with it," he told Australian Broadcasting Corp. radio.
    "For a lot of the new fans, the kids just turning two or three, they won't know any different.""
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061130/...ent_wiggles_dc

My nephews love this show.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I think he's the one that sings the most? I wonder how strange the songs are going to sound with someone else singing, "Hot Potato, Hot Potato."

I am really pathetic that I know that song!!

ANC

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    I have a little crush on the blue one
    Yeah Anthony is the cutest to me, too!
    Too many idiots, not enough villages.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I think he's the one that sings the most? I wonder how strange the songs are going to sound with someone else singing, "Hot Potato, Hot Potato."

I am really pathetic that I know that song!!
    Well, it's stuck in my head now, thank you very much! So, I guess we're both pathetic. Hey, at least YOU don't have a crush on Blue Wiggle or know his name.......jk
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Well, it's stuck in my head now, thank you very much! So, I guess we're both pathetic. Hey, at least YOU don't have a crush on Blue Wiggle or know his name.......jk

Bugger off char count!

omg, that is so sad! I ....uh, love the Wiggles. There, I said it. Funny though that I never knew their names, only their colors. The yellow and the blue guys are definitely the cutest.

I hope he can move on and regain his health. At least he doesn't have to worry about paying the bills.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Thread Information