Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 30 Rock

I really enjoy this show - it's all about Alec. I think he's a brilliant actor.

Gold Member

I rented the firt season on dvd and am in love with it. Alec may be a douche in real life, but he never fails to amuse me.

Like everyone else, the first couple of episodes I couldn't get into it. Thought it was meh, but after a while I loved it.

Eli

I don't think he's a douche, I think he's human. Good God, my family's sworn worse than "scrape your ass" to one another... hell, even I have. I think it's a flattering outlook on his life- shows he's human.

I recently saw the whole 2nd season. Was very funny. About on par with season 1, but less episodes which was a bummer. I loved the last 2 episodes the most.... they were especially funny.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    There is a blurb in Page Six today that says Alec Baldwin may not be on the show past mid season next year....
    if they get rid of alec, i'm not watching anymore. i love the other characters and all but he truly makes the show brilliant.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Eli

Really? Hmmm... See, I put up with him, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    if they get rid of alec, i'm not watching anymore. i love the other characters and all but he truly makes the show brilliant.
    I'm not either. I adore Tina Fey, but Alec is the heart of the show. Without him, it would not be exceptional.

I support Tina Fey therefore, even if Alex Baldwin leaves 30 Rock I will continue to watch.
    Thank you Tina!!
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Eli

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    I'm not either. I adore Tina Fey, but Alec is the heart of the show. Without him, it would not be exceptional.
    Is this because he's a movie star? I'm sorry but just because the man can act doesn't mean he holds an entire show together. Until the last few years I always thought he was mediocre and in fairly mediocre things. Tina created, stars and writes the show. If anyone could cause the show to crumble it would be if she left. Alec is great but let's face it, the show could technically go on and be just as funny. Alec doesn't write the scripts.

Btw I can't believe I'm up to date! I was so lucky to have mono. That was the best break from work EVER. I was annoyed that season 2 only had 15 episodes, but they were hilarious, and I loved when Liz asked Kenneth if he could walk and talk and he took the question literally. "Err, I think so, let's see.... Weight is trouble... having... Jenna... and she can't fit into her dress. Ah, there we go!"

^No, it's not because he's a movie star. It's because Jack Donaghy is the heart of the show. I love Tina--she is my most favorite by far and can do no wrong--but the Liz Lemon/Jack Donaghy relationship is crucial. You can't have Mary Tyler Moore without Lou Grant, and you can't have 30 Rock without Jack.

(I've had mono, too, for the last two months and have not been able to take time off of work.....grrrrr)

Eli

Um... I was joking. It was a partial quote from Romy & Michele. (Sorry Lily!)

^AH, I remember, when she goes "Mono was the best diet EVER!"

I wish I could take time off and rest. It's so f*cking draining.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information