Thread: Madonna on Oprah

Default Madonna on Oprah

I am watching it. I am not a Madonna fan, and truly don't give a shit about the adoption. HOWEVER, she's making some sense, she sounds sincere and her heart appears to be in the right place. I do NOT think it's a publicity stunt (as some might suggest) and I think she's being unfairly attacked over this. It also doesn't appear that she broke any laws (though, obviously this is coming from her) and just wants to help the kid out.

Anyone else see her?? Care to add thoughts/feelings??

I'm watching bits of it right now. She just made what I think was a very good analogy as to why the father of this child keeps changing his story. She does sound very intelligent and sincere...
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

And remember, she's not a good enough actress to be faking everything.

What time does Oprah come on in Canada??

4 at Pacific time. Not sure about where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    And remember, she's not a good enough actress to be faking everything.
    EXACTLY!!

I'm watching it right now! I think it's really sad that the media has created such a firestorm over this. If this kid can live a better life with Madonna and Guy, i think it's a great thing. Just because she's never shown her softer side before, it doesn't mean she doesn't care about children and about doing good in the world. I applaud her for even caring about the struggles in Africa. There are way too many celebrities that don't. (i.e. Banned)

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

She may not be a good actress but she's fairly intelligent and articulate AND manipulative IMO...(I'm not watching Oprah though so I'm just talking out of my arse...)

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

If you have ever seen anything where she talks about her mom, She does have a softer side. I would think in that business show your softer side you get squashed. Too many f-in' barracudas in Hollywierd/show business... I posted it before i 'll post it again..... This little boys other siblings died of Malaria . NO ONE WILL EVER CONVINCE that Madonna will NOT give him a better life than that damn orphanage.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Madonna said they died of AIDS, like their mother. She can be soft, but she's also a barracuda. It's pretty well documented.

Elite Member

I worked so I didn't get to see the interview, but I've never had a problem with ANYONE adopting a child (celebrities or regular people). People with money especially have the resources available to give a child a good home. Let's face it, in addition to love and attention, it takes money to raise, feed and clothe a child too. If these celebrities who have millions of dollars can open their homes and hearts to any child, I think it's a GOOD thing. For me, it's admirable. If Madonna adopted this child, it may very well be the best thing she's ever done. You instinctly love your own blood children, but to be able to love other children who didn't come from your body is beautiful too.

Elite Member

Did anyone watch the interview CNN had with the little boy's father? They just aired it. CNN went looking for him. The man said he was very upset that the media was twisting everything around. He said he felt really upset about what's happened because he said he DID give his child to Madonna. He said he gave Madonna his blessing to care for the boy because he wanted little David to have a future. He said he had 2 other children who both died of Malaria before the age of 2 and he did not want little David to suffer. He said he did not sell his son and he made no profit from the adoption, because it was never about the money. He said it was only about giving his child a decent life. He understood that Madonna gave $3 million dollars to orphanages in Malawi but he himself did not get anything and that's the way he wanted it. He said he only wanted his son to have a good life and that one day when he grows up, if he wanted to visit them in Africa, that would be good. He then looked into the camera and sent Madonna a message. He said basically "Madonna, I don't know why this has happened or why they say the things they do, probably because you're famous. But you are a good person and I know little David will make you a good son". It was so sad!

Here's an article I just found.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/africa...nda/index.html
    Last edited by PrettyGirl; October 27th, 2006 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    Madonna said they died of AIDS, like their mother. She can be soft, but she's also a barracuda. It's pretty well documented.
    Oh - the couple of articles I read said the siblings died of Malaria...
    I agree she can be tough, brazen, bitch whatever....... Just responding to someone posting things like she always is that way. You have to have thick skin to be in showbiz. If you don't you'll get chewed up and spit out.
    I really think any child getting a better life is a good thing.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

No doubt that David will have a good life. (I'm still waiting for the name change).

Aside from the adoption, I saw one brief clip. What is the deal with the OVER annunciating? She said FOE-TOE-graph. It reminded me of the way Martha Stewart speaks. Every syllable is pronounced. Yes, I'm being petty.

Thread Information