View Poll Results: Should Joey and Dawson have ended up together?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

10 34.48%
  • no

19 65.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dawson's Creek

Default Dawson's Creek

Other than the finale, I never watched it when it was like THE show in middle school and high school, but I just got the DVDs and I'm halfway through Season 2. I love Dawson! To me, he's like the perfect guy. It drives me crazy that in the end of the series Joey and Dawson don't end up together. I thought that was the whole point of the show, that Joey and Dawson were "soul mates" (as much as I hate that word) and then in the end she totally screws him over. The whole "this works out the best because they'll always be friends now" isn't cutting it!!

Should Tom have impregnated Joey?
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

I loved Joey and Pacey together!
    .... Pacey *sigh*

I'm a bit partial b/c I only watched the first 2 seasons or so, but when I did, I watched it religiously. I took no phone calls, didn't respond to my parents, nothing. After that it just stopped appealing to me for some reason and I stopped watching completely somewhere in the 3rd season. Maybe it was all the crazy Andie stuff that made me stop, or maybe it was that weird Eve chick that popped up to make Dawson be impulsive.

I saw part of the finale once it was in syndication, I think the 2nd half. It was OK, I liked that they continued the Jen/Jack friendship and kept it alive, but Jack w/Pacey's brother was kind of meh.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Other than the finale, I never watched it when it was like THE show in middle school and high school, but I just got the DVDs and I'm halfway through Season 2. I love Dawson! To me, he's like the perfect guy. It drives me crazy that in the end of the series Joey and Dawson don't end up together. I thought that was the whole point of the show, that Joey and Dawson were "soul mates" (as much as I hate that word) and then in the end she totally screws him over. The whole "this works out the best because they'll always be friends now" isn't cutting it!!
    Wait til Season 3. Or is it 4? You'll see why it was sooo right that Pacey & Joey ended up together. And why to this day I still have a thing for Joshua Jackson....

SVZ

joey marries tom cruise. the end.

LOL i'm watching it right now and it's an episode where some college student insults Joey. Joey quickly responds, "Don't be so glib!"

I have started watching reruns of this show once in awhile on whatever channel it is on right now. FX or We or something like that. I realized this show kind of SUCKS!
    I always hated how those kids talked. Nobody I know ever talked like that at their ages. Or maybe I just know really dumb people!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckpony
    I have started watching reruns of this show once in awhile on whatever channel it is on right now. FX or We or something like that. I realized this show kind of SUCKS!
    I always hated how those kids talked. Nobody I know ever talked like that at their ages. Or maybe I just know really dumb people!
    OMG, I have never seen "susposubly" high school students talk using big Fucking words, just to actually be talking somthing stupid. Katie, im mean Joey, was always whimpering and complaining. They needed to get her some Prozac, or maybe just have let her get laid a couple of times.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

the first two seasons were delicious guilty pleasures. pacey fucking his teacher, dawson and joey's hormonally charged tension-filled 'moments', it was all good. the 'smart' talking made it all the more entertaining for some reason. but after that it was just downhill and i couldn't watch it anymore.

I just watched the finale again with my roommate and I almost felt like it was implying (during Joey and Dawson's talk at the dock) that it didn't matter who Joey picked in that episode because eventually, everyone knew that she and Dawson were destined to end up together. Still disappointing, though. I really wish the DVDs had an alternate ending for the Joey/Dawson fans.

The Eve storyline was pointless and unnecessary. I wonder who Brittany Daniel fucked to get a role on the show. I also hated Dawson and Gretchen as a couple. That may have worked if she didn't look older than his mom.

I really liked that show (because I was in high school at the time), but I HATED the finale. They left WAY too many characters out and doors open. It pissed me off.

Anyway, Joey and Pacey all the way! It would've been too convienient for Dawson and Joey to be together. I thought they did a good job keeping that aspect pretty realistic.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

I've watched episodes her and there in reruns, but when I do, I can't help but think of the spoof Amanda Bynes did on her show, "Moody's Point"
    Amanda Please!

I thought Joey and Pacey were perfect for each other. Dawson was annoying because he talked about his feelings way too much. I used to love that show when it was on. I think they still show the reruns on tbs during the day.

Its sad to tihnk about Dawsons Creek- Katie was SO normal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information