Thread: MTV's Parental Control

Default MTV's Parental Control

Has anyone else seen this? I was appalled. It's a new reality show where parents who don't like their child's boyfriend/girlfriend select two candidates for their child to go on a blind date with. After the two dates, which the parents and the current bf/gf watch on their tv in the parents' home, the child decides who he wants to continue seeing- their current SO, or one of the two candidates their parents have selected.

Right now I'm watching one where two parents have signed their son Travis up because they think that his girlfriend, Samantha, is a "psycho". They explain why they don't like her (they've only been dating a month and she's pressuring him for a ring, she has ugly highlights), and spend the next few minutes trash talking her to the cameras. Then they interview about 10 girls and select 2 for dates with Travis. Samantha and Travis come over so that she can watch the dates with the parents. Shortly after they arrive, Travis' parents ask Samantha if she really thinks she will be let into the family. She says yes, and the dad tells her it won't be happen, and then adds, "You're the craziest bitch I've ever met." She tells him to "shut up" and then tells them that their house is poorly decorated and that she's embarrassed to even be in it. Travis' first date arrives, and his dad tells Samantha, "Hey, Beast! It's time to meet the Beauty!"

I actually feel bad for the couples that get signed up for this. I can't imagine how humiliated I'd be if my boyfriend's parents signed us up for this show. So far I've only seen one where the kid actually stayed with their current SO. But honestly, if my boyfriend's parents signed me up for this, I wouldn't want to stay with him!! Some of the dialogue is obviously scripted, but I wonder how much of it is real, or if everyone on here is just an actor.

I think of shows like this one like I do Maury Povich's - I'd feel sorry for them if any of it was real. Everyone - including the current g/f knows what it is and agrees to be on there and they play their parts so people will watch. The only reason people agree to be on shows like this is for attention.

ANC

That show is so scripted. I couldn't bare to watch it.
    Too many idiots, not enough villages.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Has anyone else seen this? I was appalled. It's a new reality show where parents who don't like their child's boyfriend/girlfriend select two candidates for their child to go on a blind date with. After the two dates, which the parents and the current bf/gf watch on their tv in the parents' home, the child decides who he wants to continue seeing- their current SO, or one of the two candidates their parents have selected.

Right now I'm watching one where two parents have signed their son Travis up because they think that his girlfriend, Samantha, is a "psycho". They explain why they don't like her (they've only been dating a month and she's pressuring him for a ring, she has ugly highlights), and spend the next few minutes trash talking her to the cameras. Then they interview about 10 girls and select 2 for dates with Travis. Samantha and Travis come over so that she can watch the dates with the parents. Shortly after they arrive, Travis' parents ask Samantha if she really thinks she will be let into the family. She says yes, and the dad tells her it won't be happen, and then adds, "You're the craziest bitch I've ever met." She tells him to "shut up" and then tells them that their house is poorly decorated and that she's embarrassed to even be in it. Travis' first date arrives, and his dad tells Samantha, "Hey, Beast! It's time to meet the Beauty!"

I actually feel bad for the couples that get signed up for this. I can't imagine how humiliated I'd be if my boyfriend's parents signed us up for this show. So far I've only seen one where the kid actually stayed with their current SO. But honestly, if my boyfriend's parents signed me up for this, I wouldn't want to stay with him!! Some of the dialogue is obviously scripted, but I wonder how much of it is real, or if everyone on here is just an actor.

The episodes I have watched, more often than not, the kid stayed with the current gf/bf. Very rarely do they choose mom or dad's pick. I have seen a couple where the kid decides to go solo, and pick no one.

I can't believe how rude some of these current SO's are! I also can't understand how the kid's would tolerate their SO's treating their parents like crap!

The kids watch this sometimes, and that other dating show (Next) where there are 4 or 5 "potentials" (both male and female and even gay) and the person who is looking for someone can choose to go on a "date" with that one or next them...they do some cheesy things that is supposed to be a date and then they give the person the option to take the money equal to time they have been on the date or go out with them again...it's so funny sometimes, but I have seen it get really mean
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

[quote=Moongirl;416472]The episodes I have watched, more often than not, the kid stayed with the current gf/bf. Very rarely do they choose mom or dad's pick. I have seen a couple where the kid decides to go solo, and pick no one.

I can't believe how rude some of these current SO's are! I also can't understand how the kid's would tolerate their SO's treating their parents like crap![/quote]

^So true. Sorry, but NOBODY would disrespect my parents. I have seen episodes where the SO's are just out of line with some of the things they say. That show would get an instant dose of reality if someone I was dating said anything rude to my parents. Damn straight.
    Never trust a big butt and a smile...

^^^I think that the producers coach the people on these shows a lot. A lot of the lines seem really forced & fake.
    A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. -Ken Keyes Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel View Post
    The kids watch this sometimes, and that other dating show (Next) where there are 4 or 5 "potentials" (both male and female and even gay) and the person who is looking for someone can choose to go on a "date" with that one or next them...they do some cheesy things that is supposed to be a date and then they give the person the option to take the money equal to time they have been on the date or go out with them again...it's so funny sometimes, but I have seen it get really mean
    Ughhh. I HATE "Next". Most of the people on it are not even attractive (the ones Nexting). I just feel like the people who feel the need to be on a show like this are the ultimate bottom of the barrel. 99% of the time they're just total trash, unattractive, stupid, and flat out weird. I remember when they started showing ads for Next and I was in total disbelief because the girl who kept going, "Uh... NEXXXXT!" was FUGLY. I was like, "Who does she think she is to be saying anyone isn't attractive enough to date her?!" haha it's so cruel, but true!

I just asked my cousin which show is worse-Next or Parental Control. He said they are equally bad.

For me, though, I think Parentel Control is worse. I dunno. All these "reality shows" on MTV suck royally yet I still watch them from time to time.

Sigh

I just like to watch the people get dumped...

Did anyone see the one where the guy got dumped and hes like "get the fucking camera out of my face" and storms off and then you hear him on his cell like "she picked some other dude"

Thread Information