Thread: Horrorfest

Default Horrorfest

On November 17-19 2006, you can take part in three nights of pure terror.

After Dark Films will release 8 new horror films in 500 theaters in 35 cities around the united states for one weekend only!

This will be your only chance to catch these groundbreaking new horror films in theaters.
    According to the preview I saw, these movies are horror films that were dubbed too graphic, too disturbing, and too shocking for general audiences. But they're choosing to release them to the public on the big screen for one weekend only.

Here's the list -
    Unrest
    Penny Dreadful
    The Grave Dancers
    The Hamiltons
    Reincarnation
    Dark Ride
    The Abandoned
    And one film that has yet to be announced.

Is anyone else excited?!? I am...I love horror movies....Plans have already been made to see Reincarnation, but I am going to attempt to see all of the movies...we'll see how that goes

I'll pass but cool if you love those films!

Cheap marketing ploy.
    A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. -Ken Keyes Jr.

Well, the film Chaos was marketed the same way (Too graphic, disturbing, violent) and they definitely werent lying with that. Chaos was SICK.

So I'm hoping it'll be the same for these. Apparently you can choose to buy an all access pass, or purchase tickets to each movie individually...

They don't make really good horror movies anymore, which is a shame because I love horror movies. The people who make these flicks seem to operate under the misguided notion that extreme violence = shocking and scary. They need to learn the art of subtlety. Sometimes what you don't see is much, much more frightening.

I like creepy, but not slasher sick stuff.

I love pretty much any kind of horror movie, and I've heard about this and am dying to see them. Sadly, i don't live in the U.S., so I'll probably have to download them or something...*le sigh*
    2 years...

Can you provide a link for the article? I want to see if my city (Las Vegas) will be participating.

check out http://www.horrorfestonline.com for film descriptions and participating theaters

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    They don't make really good horror movies anymore, which is a shame because I love horror movies. The people who make these flicks seem to operate under the misguided notion that extreme violence = shocking and scary. They need to learn the art of subtlety. Sometimes what you don't see is much, much more frightening.
    I have to agree with you on this one. Some of the movies on the list look intriguing though, especially the reincarnation one from the director of the original grudge movies. Plus there's several theaters within easy distance of my place.

Thread Information