Thread: The Illusionist

Default The Illusionist

Great Movie! Good performances and an intriguing story line, and an awesome ending. Paul Giamatti rocked as usual. But Miss Biehl's lips were a little distracting!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

mmmmmm I might have to see this afterall.

Elite Member

I definitely want to see it...I love Ed Norton. He was on the Craig Ferguson show (I think that's him) and he was so down-to-earth. He's not handsome by any means but there's something about him...he's an exceptional actor.
    Last edited by PrettyGirl; September 20th, 2006 at 02:18 AM.

OCD

He most certainly is handsome, especially when he's a skinhead.

I finally saw this yesterday. It started off a little slow, but got much much better shortly thereafter. Ed Norton was nothing short of phenomenal. Paul Giamatti and Rufus Sewell were fantastic as well. In and of itself, it's not the greatest plotline, but somehow the cast makes it work and like celeb said, makes it truly intruiguing. I would definitely, definitely recommend seeing it

i saw it; i liked it; a nice straightforward simple happy love story. Edward was great; Paul was awesome!!

I saw it a couple of months ago. Its pretty intresting. You guys should check The Prestige if you like the Illustionist its even better.

eh the Prestige kinda sucked to me. A big let down from that director anyway. but Ill watch anything with Chistrian Bale

really? what about it let you down? christian bale is cute but creepy at the same time to me.

um like it wasn't that big of a bang for my buck; the whole electricity/disappearing/David Bowie thingy subplot was meaningless to me and never took off, Scar Jo's character had stupid motivations and I just expected a bit more expecially from that director, but i guess it was the basic story that wasn't very interesting in the first place. I've been quite disapointed by most movies though for the past few years.

yeah some of it was a bit far fetched and it had its boring moments. I did think it was okay though. I didn't see the Illusionist all the way through to make better comparison of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    um like it wasn't that big of a bang for my buck; the whole electricity/disappearing/David Bowie thingy subplot was meaningless to me and never took off, Scar Jo's character had stupid motivations and I just expected a bit more expecially from that director, but i guess it was the basic story that wasn't very interesting in the first place. I've been quite disapointed by most movies though for the past few years.

It was Jessiva Biel, ScarJo did The Prestige, the other magician movie that came out at the same time. The Prestige was good, The Illusionist sucked, much to my disappointment. I didn't think Ed Norton could do a bad movie.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    He most certainly is handsome, especially when he's a skinhead.
    Loved that movie and he was smoking hot in it! When he gets arrested and is on the street in his boxers, jesus - he was ripped. Um..ummm...! (Although the scene leading right up to that is very, very disturbing.)

Elite Member

I finally saw this movie and it was good. It was a little slow in the beginning, but overall it was worth seeing. The ending was great.

Thread Information