Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: 1960ís and 1970ís Crime and Medical Dramas

Default 1960ís and 1970ís Crime and Medical Dramas

With networks like COZI TV and ME TV that air old shows, Iíve been enjoying seeing shows like Kojak, Emergency, Adam-12, Dragnet, McMillan and Wife, etc., again. Takes me back to my childhood.

ME TV is about to start airing Barnaby Jones!

They are heartwarming to watch for nostalgia but are also so dated, itís humorous at times. The fashions, the sometimes flat delivery of their lines, people chain smoking, riding without seatbelts, not wearing helmets when on a motorcycle, the nurses wearing all white with the big hats.

What old dramas of this type do yíall enjoy?
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; August 20th, 2019 at 11:59 AM.

I don't think I have a favorite, but it really does take me back like a rocketship to my childhood. Especially remembering my parents, aunts and uncles and grandmother around when these were playing on TV.

By the way, I loved this crazy theme song from that era:

ETA: much better audio on this one:
    I'mNotBitter and Daphodil like this.

Oh yes!! I forgot about McLeod! That was a good show, too.

Bluebonnet - it would not let me change the URL to the second clip. In the second clip, you can see all kinds of other shows listed, like George Peppard as "Banacek", etc. See below:

Brookie and Mrs Fawlty like this.

Columbo is my favorite crime/drama show.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Columbo is my favorite too. I was coming home from work and watching it every Saturday night after work. Then they started rerunning episodes they just aired like 3 weeks prior. I even sent them a FB dm complaining about it. Lol. Gosh I'm old.

MeTV airs the "new" Columbo reruns on Sunday nights. I didn't even know Columbo was still being made and airing in the 90's. So they're all new shows to me. But they're not quite as awesome as the show from the 70's.

I loved MacMillan and Wife when I was little. I love the reruns now. I never realized how much older Mac was than Sally. At my young age they were both adults, hence old. But he was like in his fifties and she was in her twenties. I think. I loved Mildred! I loved Sally's mother too. She and Mildred were funny together.
    Last edited by sprynkles; August 20th, 2019 at 05:36 PM.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I know my parents pretty much watched them all and I got to watch them from a certain point on, too. When those old shows are on, it's amazing how much the style of filming and story telling has changed. Weren't most Columbo episodes longer than an hour? They sure felt longer, LOL, but not in a bad way. My mom would already get the giggles as soon as Peter Falk walked into a scene with his creased raincoat. I remember one time he got a boiled egg out of his pocket, looking for his notepad or something, and my mom nearly choked laughing, LOL. And he had the best villains: like Jack Cassidy and Robert Culp. I'm sure all of today's cop and medical shows are far more accurate as far factual information goes (how to handle crime scenes or what medical procedures actually look like and what equipment is used for which procedure etc.) but overall I think the acting (and caliber of actors) was better in the olden days, LOL.
    I loved the chemistry between all 4 principles of MacMillan & wife: Rock Hudson as Mac, Susan as his wife, Mildred and Sgt. Enright, it was just so much fun.
    McCloud and the ever suffering Broadhurst (Terry Carter later played a similar character on Battlestar Galactica, then suffering near nervous breakdowns due to Apollo&Starbuck) and hysterically funny chief Clifford.
    lindsaywhit and I'mNotBitter like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Patrick McGoohan was my favorite villain on Columbo. He was awesome! I loved Jack Cassidy episodes too.

HWBL likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I always think of "Columbo" when some clueless coworker won't get the hell out of my office. Unlike Columbo, though, they aren't pretending to be clueless.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I always think of "Columbo" when some clueless coworker won't get the hell out of my office. Unlike Columbo, though, they aren't pretending to be clueless.
    ďUh. Yeah. Just one more thing...Ē

I'm remembering Quincy M.E. Starring Jack Klugman.

I think it ran through the 80's but I know it started in the 70's because I was a little kid when this came out.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

I was a 90s kid so I was psyched they have Strong Medicine and Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.
    Don't forget Profiler and Cold Case
    sprynkles likes this.

I associate "bedtime" with the theme song for The Rockford Files (James Garner) because this was my dad's 'can't miss' show. And it came on later in the evening line up. When we heard this song it was time for bed if we were still up!

My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Brother loves Emergency and our whole family loves Colombo. My brother has my DVD set right now so I watch them on the DVR all the time. I almost exclusively love the early ones but Iím a sucker for Ashes to Ashes because I love Rue McClanahan and Patrick McGoohan is my favorite villian. Robert Vaughn is a very close second. And I know it didnít come until later but I adore Murder, She Wrote. If I had a channel with Columbo, Murder, She Wrote, and Golden Girls I would never need any other channel.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Oh yeah, Rockford. I loved the chemistry between Jim and dad Rocky. And overall the chemistry with the other regulars on the show. Also the fact that in these shows neither the good guys nor the bad guys were perfect. Blunders, mistakes, misunderstandings, down and out failures etc. were more and more included in shows. I remember my dad at a certain point complaining "Oh geez, he's gonna get his head bashed in again." LOL. But it was a welcome departure from earlier shows, the more human side.

They don't have those oldies channels here, so we rely on our DVD box sets (like of Starsky&Hutch).
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information