Thread: Shirley Temple Movies

Elite Member

Default Shirley Temple Movies

I just bought my niece the complete boxed DVD sets of the Shirley Temple collection. My God, I forgot how damn talented this kid was! She was just too damn adorable...her singing, dancing, acting. I remember absolutely loving her when I was a kid, but wow, those movies are classics. They don't make child stars like they used too! Also, it's good to know that Shirley grew up basically a decent woman. She's had a great life and didn't go to hell in a basket like most child stars.

Did any of you ever like Shirley Temple or watch her movies?

The Little Princess. I own it. One of my faves of all time.

I remember watching a couple of Shirley Temple's movies as a child. I thought she was the cutest thing with her dimples, and her curls. And what a talent she was! I liked her in Little Miss Marker, Heidi, and Rebecca Of Sunnybrook Farm. Even though I enjoyed the movies she made as a kid, my favorite was The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer with Cary Grant. I agree with you PrettyGirl. They don't make childstars like they used to. Some of today's childstars could learn a thing or two from Shirley Temple. Her early fame didn't drive her to drugs or crime when she grew up. She's a remarkable, accomplished woman.
    Rock the fuck on!

Elite Member

Well, I sat down and watched "The Littlest Rebel" with my niece last night. It's the one where Shirley plays the daughter of confederate soldier and she meets President Lincoln at the end to try and save her father and some Yankee soldier who helped them. Her crying scenes are so touching and those dancing scenes with Bill "Bojangles" Robinson are just too cute. How the hell did she learn all of that so young? She was truly gifted.

I remember 'The Little Princess' but haven't seen it in years. For some reason, this collection doesn't include it and it's a set of 12 Shirley Temple movies. I have to look for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by heart_leigh View Post
    Some of today's childstars could learn a thing or two from Shirley Temple. Her early fame didn't drive her to drugs or crime when she grew up. She's a remarkable, accomplished woman.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

I liked Heidi. I also had a Shirley Temple sing-along video, with songs such as "Good Ship Lollipop," "Animal Crackers in my Soup," "At the Codfish Ball," and a ton of others.

I absolutely tootly love Shirley. I've seen them all. I'm a huge fan!! They don't make child stars like that anymore....hell they never did, she was a little miracle.

I have a considerable amount of admiration for this woman.

Thread Information