Thread: Everybody Loves Raymond

Default Everybody Loves Raymond

I have been watching the re-runs when they come on, and OH my gosh I LOVE this show!!! Does anyone else enjoy it? Debra is hilarious, and I love her constant competition with Raymond's mother. I think my favorite episode so far was the one where Raymond and his brother come up with the idea to mess up wedding invitations to Robert's wedding so his fiance won't give him any more responsibilities, and send out invitations that say "Hank 'n' Pat request the honor of your presents..." Debra finds out and is enraged. The best moments are when Raymond does something stupid and tries to hide it from Debra because he's scared of her.

Its a great show, I like Raymond's father, hilarious. The mother reminds me of my own grandmother- tolerate her in small doses.

OMG, it's one of my ALL TIME absolute fave shows. Even though my family is not quite as crazy as the Barones, I still found it very recognizable. Lucky for me, my whole family can see the humor in it. This is one of the very few shows that has us all on the floor, laughing ourselves silly.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Very funny show. Another one I didn't appreciate while on...

My fav: The PMS episode when Ray tries to 'help' Debra out by purchasing some PMS aids. HILARIOUS!

And another: When Amy and Stefania meet and get together w/Roberts mom and cop partner. Cute as hell.

A*O

Love it. The passive/aggressive Mother In Law From Hell is spot on and the tension between Ray and Robert is beautifully observed. I know that Americans have a reputation for (sometimes) lacking a sense of humour, BUT US comedy writing is the very best in the world. This show is a good example, also Frazier, Just Shoot Me and even the cartoons - Family Guy, Simpsons and South Park. Remember the Raymond episode where he find out Marie and Frank still have sex?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

"Ray, put those golf clubs down, spend time with your kids, AND CREATE SOME DAMN MEMORIES!"

LMAO

I never watched the series until recently. It is hilarious! I watch the re-runs, they're classic!

Zee

This is one of my favorite shows and would watch it while cleaning up the kitchen. Worked out great, didn't mind cleaning up and would laugh while working. Loved the episode where Marie made the vagina sculpture.

My youngest loved the character Frank. He would walk around imitating Frank and fixated on Holy Crap- Monkey Ass.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Hated it.

Low brow humor, lowest common denominator type stuff, guffaw and snort for the mooing masses.

... cept you guys, of course. I'll attribute this to a momentary lapse in taste and judgement
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I love Ramon too. I discoved it 3 years ago when the reruns would come on. Ramon and Frasier are IMO the two comedies that stand the test of time. I can watch the reruns over and over and still laugh as much as when I first saw it. In fact I still tivo them late night. I think one of the funniest episode is when Robert and Amy got married and Amys mom told Marie that she was being narsacistic (I'm a horrible speller sorry). Then they did the dance at the end. Classic

That guy who plays Raymond is so cute.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I hate this show and in particular, hate the woman who plays the wife. REally annoying and bad, which shocked me when I first saw it because he's quite funny when he's on chat shows and the like.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

^ ITA, buttmunch. "Everybody Loves Raymond" is a misnomer. I don't think this show's even funny. It's about a bunch of whiny people with petty grievances. I think Ray Romano's alright though. I liked him in Ice Age.
    Rock the fuck on!

Quote Originally Posted by ediebrooks View Post
    That guy who plays Raymond is so cute.
    Let's not push it.

Hated this show. I find that Patricia is totally annoying, and the show wasn't that 'haha' funny for me.

Thread Information