Thread: National Geographics Inside 9/11--Zero Hour

Default National Geographics Inside 9/11--Zero Hour

I watched 'Inside 9/11--Zero Hour' last night. Its 2 hours long. I highly recommend it, though I have to admit that it absolutely destroyed me.
    It shows a rather human side of the events of that day. They interview Air Traffic Controllers, military, relatives/friends that received phone calls from the passengers on the planes, police/firefighters that got out of the towers, Pentagon personnel and replayed communications between 911 dispatchers and between firefighters.

It was hard to watch, yet, I strangely felt it necessary. But had tears in my eyes most of the time

Even if your a conspiracy theorist, or a die hard Bush fan---it's a good show.

If anyone else catches it, please tell me what you think.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

um very OT but

- I've tried a couple of times now this summer on two different trips w/ multiple plane rides to get a signal w/ my phone while in the air and guess what?! I COULDN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phone calls from a cell thousands of feet in the air = bullshite!

and I won't be watching this; sounds too sentimental and tearjerkeresque and I've been to the WTC twice now since they went down and that involved tears enough for me with a deep underlying anger that it was all for nothing and has resulted in even more innocent ppls' deaths and heartache not to mention lots more cash in certain Satanists' pockets.

I saw it when they showed it before. Very well done, indeed very moving. The most devastating documentary on 9/11 I ever saw was the one that was filmed by two French film makers who were in New York documenting a fire department crew, and they just happened to be there on that fateful day.

^ I saw that one too (the one by the French film makers documenting the average NY firefighter when it happened), we watched it in my psychology class in high school. That one was SO hard to watch at times.

^^I want to see that one!! For a seriously good cry.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    ^ I saw that one too (the one by the French film makers documenting the average NY firefighter when it happened), we watched it in my psychology class in high school. That one was SO hard to watch at times.

Yes, that's the one. It was hard all throughout, but when the closing tribute of the pictures of the dead firefighters to the music of 'danny boy,' the floodgates open up.

^^How about when the 2 brothers are reunited after hours of one not knowing where the other was? That also made me cry...

Yes, that was very moving, you felt as drained as they were.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

I cannot watch anything on 9/11. Mr. Gator works in DC on Capital Hill and went missing for six hours that day. To watch anything involving that day just brings it all back the terror I felt. I spent the day glued to the television weeping watching federal workers walking out of DC because Union Station and the trains were shut down. The cell phone network and local phone system crashed and I didn't know for sure where he was or if terrorists were waiting to strike once all the workers were tossed out of their buildings into the streets with no way home. Thanks Bush, way to go, force the workers out without transportation home to let them be targets wandering the streets. It took the full six hours for him to get home and he only got out by hitchhiking to his train station to get his car.

A*O

They just showed a docco here called 'The Falling Man' which was about the so-called 'jumpers' from the WTC that day. Most of those images have been airbrushed from the overall coverage but the docco was a respectful reflection (and not at all sensationalist or mawkish) about those poor souls who decided to jump to their death instead of being burned. Because the media has decided, probably for worthy reasons, to avoid too much discussion or images of those people they tend to have been somewhat 'sidelined' but their stories deserve to be told too - hence the docco and it was a fitting tribute to their courage. RIP
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

I neglected to note that we lost nine neighbors either in the plane that crashed into the Pentagon or in the building itself. Know too many directly touched here to want to revisit those dark days.

Default National Geo. 9/11 Zero Hour

Yes I watched that show LynnieD. It was hard, my uncle was in the American Express building across the street and found out a long time family friend had died in the Pentagon. I wasnt sure I wanted to watch this or if I could watch it. It was very difficult and I felt the same way as UnderCover stated, did I want to revisit those dark days. It is so hard to take in that is going to be 5 yrs this year. I remember ever single detail of that day and the next three days. I remember on Friday night I let it all out and literally slept for the next two days straight. My BIL lost many co-workers, a few I had met. I guess the shock and trying to understand took its toll. Not to mention we had the fighter jets one evening flying over us because a farmer was spraying his field and failed to get the ok from the local airports control tower.
    On Sunday night, Sept 3rd, Discovery also had a show about the Pentagon as well as Inside the Twin Towers. Very good and heartbreaking.

I saw 'The Falling Man' aswell, A&O.
    That was so moving and makes you think: what would I do if I had been in that situation?
    Interesting to see how some families felt pride and comfort with the idea of a loved one having jumped, while others found it shameful because of their religion.

Anyone seen Loose Change? Now I'm very sceptical of conspiracy theories, but so much strange stuff went on that day. There really is too much to ignore...

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by tiggle View Post
    I saw 'The Falling Man' aswell, A&O.
    That was so moving and makes you think: what would I do if I had been in that situation?
    I confess that due to various fears and phobias the two very worst ways I can think of to die would be either to burn or fall from a great height so what these poor souls must have gone through making that decision is beyond my worst nightmares. I think that when we look back on world events during our lives when we are grandparents then the events of 9/11 will probably be the 'defining moment' of our lives in so many ways. I still remember the feeling of numb horror watching it happen live on lunchtime TV (I was visiting the UK at the time) and having to remind myself constantly that it was really happening, it wasn't a movie, etc.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Thread Information