Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Carol Burnett 50th Anniversary Special on December 3rd on CBS

Default Carol Burnett 50th Anniversary Special on December 3rd on CBS

CBS

CBS will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the iconic Carol Burnett Show with a two-hour special set for December 3.
    The Carol Burnett 50th Anniversary Special will film on Stage 33 at CBS Television City in Los Angeles, the show’s original soundstage. In it, Burnett will reminisce about her favorite sketches, Q&As with the studio audience, guest stars, her memorable wardrobe and bloopers, as well as the effect the show continues to have on television today as a true pioneer of sketch comedy.

The special will also feature original cast members Vicki Lawrence and Lyle Waggoner, costume designer Bob Mackie, as well as other comedians, comic actors and friends, including Jim Carrey, Kristin Chenoweth, Stephen Colbert, Harry Connick Jr., Bill Hader, Jay Leno, Jane Lynch, Bernadette Peters, Maya Rudolph and Martin Short, among others.
    “I can’t believe how fast the time went, and what makes me the happiest is that so much of the funny stuff we did still holds up today, and we can share it with generations to come,” said Carol Burnett. “What a great ride!”
    “‘The Carol Burnett Show’ was a comedy showcase that was years ahead of its time. If social media existed then, clips from the broadcast would have quickly gone viral,” said Leslie Moonves, Chairman and CEO, CBS Corporation. “We are very proud of the show’s significant place in CBS’ legacy, as well as in television history, and we look forward to this primetime celebration of incredible talent, led by the incomparable Carol Burnett.”
    The Carol Burnett Show premiered on Sept. 11, 1967 and starred Carol Burnett, Harvey Korman, Vicki Lawrence, Lyle Waggoner and Tim Conway. Over its 11-season run, the show earned 25 Primetime Emmys, including three for Outstanding Variety-Music/Comedy Series. In addition, the show earned eight Golden Globe Awards, including one for Best Television Show – Comedy or Musical, and Burnett received four for Best Actress – Comedy or Musical.
    The Carol Burnett 50th Anniversary Special, produced by dick clark productions, will air Sunday, December 3 from 8-10 PM on CBS.

?Carol Burnett 50th Anniversary Special? Set On CBS | Deadline

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I will be watching this. I loved that show while growing up. My mother and I would just laugh and laugh while they were cracking each other up.
    gas_chick, Brookie, BITTER and 2 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Yay!! This will be great!
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I will be watching this. I loved that show while growing up. My mother and I would just laugh and laugh while they were cracking each other up.
    Everytime Tim Conway would do that old man character who was so slow and he would get Harvey Korman cracking up, my dad would be crying from laughing so hard!

gas_chick, Mivvi21 and SHELLEE like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Those two together were just gold. I loved that show so much as a kid and I'm sure I was missing over half the jokes.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I'll be watching this. I loved this show. Cannot giggle enough at the "Gone With The Wind" sketch with this drapery rods. And ANYTHING Tim and Harvey did.
    Bluebonnet and BITTER like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I totally FORGOT about this! For some reason, it was in my head that it was coming on tonight. (December 5th). Uggggh!!!! I hope CBS re-airs it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I totally FORGOT about this! For some reason, it was in my head that it was coming on tonight. (December 5th). Uggggh!!!! I hope CBS re-airs it soon.
    I didn't watch it either, but it looks like you can watch the whole show on CBS.com:

The Carol Burnett 50th Anniversary Special Video - The Carol Burnett 50th Anniversary Special - CBS.com

I saw the first 10 minutes or so of it, I think, on Sunday. At the beginning, they showed a clip from her very first show, and it included her first q&a with the audience. Holy smoke, Burnett was a gangly (but cute) kid when she started that show. She was actually 33 but looked a lot younger.

If you can find it to rewatch, do it. It was flipping hilarious - and yeah everybody looks older. Lots of people who were guests on the show (Steve Martin, Steve Lawrence), Bob Mackie, Lyle Waggoner. I laughed and laughed - that show was just comedy gold. Not sure we realized it at the time.
    SHELLEE likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I loved it.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

THANK YOU so much for posting the link Moongirl. Just finished watching it, it was great, brought so many wonderful and happy memories back for me. Hot damn I forgot how handsome Lyle Wagoner was. It was so fucking funny, so incredibly fucking funny. It was so comforting to see all those old comedians. Odd bunch of guests on the show. Carol looked good and was so upbeat, but what were the dents on her face? The older I get the more I live in the past and it was a fabulous past.

You're welcome, now I need to find the time to watch it one of these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    If you can find it to rewatch, do it. It was flipping hilarious - and yeah everybody looks older. Lots of people who were guests on the show (Steve Martin, Steve Lawrence), Bob Mackie, Lyle Waggoner. I laughed and laughed - that show was just comedy gold. Not sure we realized it at the time.
    I remember watching the Gone with the Wind sketch with my parents. When she said, "I saw it in the window and had to have it." we just dissolved into laughter for a really long time. My dad's favorite part was Conway and Korman trying to keep straight faces during their sketches.
    Brookie and Bluebonnet like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information