• 2 Post By OrangeSlice
  • 1 Post By OrangeSlice
  • 2 Post By SHELLEE

Thread: The most awesome Bob's Burger/Archer crossover

Default The most awesome Bob's Burger/Archer crossover

faithanne and SHELLEE like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I just love both of these shows. This was an awesome episode. in case anyone didn't know, one reason to watch Archer is because Jessica Walters (mom from arrested development) plays archers mom. Same type of character too.
    Thanks OS!
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I love both too. Can you believe that episode was made by a fan? He's amazing!

This Guy's Amazing, Fan-Made Bob's Burgers/Archer Crossover Just Got Him a Job

Today 12:19pm

Image: Simon Chong via YouTube
    On Friday morning, Welsh animator Simon Chong logged onto Twitter and share a side project of his that he’d been laboring over for months: a carefully constructed Bob’s Burgers/Archer crossover that he illustrated and animated himself using various audio clips plucked from Archer.
    By Saturday night, he had a job offer to work on Bob’s Burgers.
    According to Chong, he was inspired by the Archer episode that where an amnesiac Sterling was living as Bob Belcher, complete with the rest of the family, while unknowingly being hunted by Russian spies. Chong’s short video is a more direct crossover that sees the entire ISIS crew stumbling down the street and coming across Bob’s restaurant. As a bonus nod to H. Jon Benjamin, voice of both Archer and Bob, Chong hid two other characters the actor has voiced in the video, too.
    From conception to posting the video, it took Chong seven months of painstaking work, but his skill and attention to detail is undeniable. The video feels like something Fox actually produced.
    In fact, Chong’s video is so good that not long after he posted it to Twitter, it came to the attention of the Bob’s Burgers cast. They loved it and told Bob’s Burger’s creator Loren Bouchard, who was absolutely floored by it. Bouchard contacted Chong, complimented him on his work, and then offered him a goddamn job. On Twitter, no less.
    Despite the public exchange, neither Chong nor Bouchard has made the hiring official yet, but suffice it to say that the artist worked his ass off and it looks like he ended up with the opportunity of a lifetime in return. Some dreams really do come true.

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2<\/title><path d="M10,3.5l3-3,3,3Z" style="fill:%23fff;stroke:%23fff"/><path d="M0,3.5H10l3-3,3,3H26" style="fill:none;stroke:%231b3a4d"/><\/svg>')}.f_branding_on.blog-group-deadspin .editor-inner.post-content .pu
    SHELLEE likes this.

How cool is that?!
    OrangeSlice and Beeyotch like this.

Have you seen the theme for the new season? I can't wait! I just hope he's awake.

Archer’s next season is headed to “Danger Island”

By William Hughes

Earlier this year, Archer creator Adam Reed made it clear that his long-running FXX series—which recently spent a season-long sojourn in a noir-flavored coma dream—wouldn’t be returning to “normal” any time soon. Up until tonight, Reed was staying coy about what sort of setting the show’s ninth season might send Sterling Archer and his friends, associates, and various general irritations to next, but he opened up at the show’s Comic-Con panel this evening. So you’d better prep your best Hawaiian shirt (and your finest “Lana? LANA! LANAAAAAAA!”), because Archer is headed to Danger Island.
    The teaser image above makes it pretty clear that the show is going back to the “Pirate Archer” motif briefly touched on in season 3’s “Heart Of Archness.” (Which means we’ll keep our fingers crossed for the return of Patrick Warburton’s pulp hero Rip Riley, Manhunter.) Beyond that, Reed’s keeping the actual details of the season—and the question of whether Archer is ever going to wake up—under wraps, although he did tell us in a recent interview that we can expect a return of the mother-son dynamic between Jessica Walter’s Malory and H.Jon Benjamin’s Sterling, after he regretted making them strangers in the show’s eighth season.
    Archer is still renewed for two more seasons—Danger Island, and one more—on FXX.

No, I haven't seen it yet. When is is supposed to start? I'm just glad that Malory and Sterling won't be strangers, that sucked.

I am so behind on seasons. I've only been watching on Netflix so the last season I watched was the L.A. Figgis Detective Agency one.

I think you're only off by one season. Dreamworld was the one after that and the most recent one that came on earlier this year. I just hate that they take so long to produce a season, but quality over quantity, yada yada yada. If they're sticking with the themed seasons, I hope they continue past season 10, although I know that right now they plan to stop there. Can you imagine Archer with a teenaged AJ?

Thread Information