Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones - Season 7 (spoilers)

Default Game of Thrones - Season 7 (spoilers)

Copied this from the Season 6 thread.

Game of Thrones
    : 5 Things You May Have Missed in the Season 7 Trailer

By Lindsay Macdonald | May 24, 2017 6:38 PM EDT

Now that you've had time to freak out over the first trailer for Game of Thrones Season 7, it's time to take an obsessively close look at it to figure out which spoilers it dropped in our laps.
    HBO usually locks up Game of Thrones spoilers tighter than Fort Knox, but big trailers like this tend to let a few things slip through the cracks. Who could forget the Season 6 trailer that showed a very blurry Jon Snow (Kit Harington) alive and well and charging into battle?
    The Season 7 trailer is no different, so let's take a look.
    1. Yara & Ellaria's kiss
    In a super short, half-second shot, you can see Yara (Gemma Whelan) and Ellaria (Indira Varma) getting down to business. Given that Varys (Conleth Hill) showed up in Dorne at the end of Season 6, it's long been speculated that Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) would team up with Ellaria and Olenna Tyrell (Diana Rigg), and now we've got even more proof.
    2. Daenery's first step on Westerosi soil
    During Daenery's ominous line, "I was born to rule the Seven Kingdoms," we can see her pressing her hand to a sandy beach, most likely because it's her first step back on the land she was whisked away from as a child. Let's just hope this first step comes in Episode 1; we've waited long enough to see Dany back on the mainland.

via GIPHY
    3. Jon Snow giving Littlefinger a beat down
    Thank goodness someone is keeping Littlefinger (Aidan Gillen) in check, because as always, he's creeping on Sansa (Sophie Turner) in this trailer. In another "blink and you'll miss it" shot, Jon can been seen shoving Littlefinger up against a wall (likely in the crypt beneath Winterfell) with murder in his eyes.

via GIPHY
    4. The Unsullied/Lannister battle
    It looks like Dany's Unsullied army will be taking on Cersei's (Lena Headey) Lannister lions this year. The battle for the Iron Throne has finally arrived, but while the women battle it out, Jon seems more interested in running from White Walkers in the snowy North.

via GIPHY
    5. Jorah's Greyscale
    Last we saw of Jorah Mormont (Iain Glen), he was leaving Dany's side to go search for a cure for his Greyscale. It looks like he hasn't had much luck with his deadly disease yet, if the Greyscale-covered arm reaching through a small door belongs to him.
    Game of Thrones premieres Sunday, July 16th at 9/8c on HBO.

TAGS: SUMMER PREVIEW, HBO, SUMMER TV

Game of Thrones Season Spoilers in Season 7 Trailer - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I can't wait.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I can't wait either!

Here's a video that explains the trailer point by point, which was interesting to me, because I think I was having sensory overload from the images, but not thinking so much in terms of Season 7's plot. Spoilers obviously.

You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Waterslide and MohandasKGanja like this.

So, there was a suggestion going around facebook that if you committed to watch one season per week starting this weekend, then you would be ready for the premier. I accept the challenge even though I just started watching Handmaid. That's going to be a lot of TV hours.
    Waterslide likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

It's a good idea in theory, but I can't go through some of that shit again.

Some of it, on the other hand, I can and have watched hundreds of times over and over and over.

Elite Member

I actually just finished season 5 and 6 I stopped watching for a long time out of boredom. Wow Cersei is left childless... without family since Jamie is far away so many people are alone. It's crazy.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    So, there was a suggestion going around facebook that if you committed to watch one season per week starting this weekend, then you would be ready for the premier. I accept the challenge even though I just started watching Handmaid. That's going to be a lot of TV hours.
    I have some flowers I want to plant this afternoon, but it's gonna rain, so I'm gonna go for it and try to do this. I think I need a refresher anyway. 10 episodes per season, binge some on the weekends and maybe one or two on some weeknights and I should be good to go.

(And let me know how you like The Handmaid's Tale.)
    greysfang likes this.
    ~Manx Mouse

So, I started season three last night (already re-watched one and two) and I had forgotten how goddamn irritating the Brienne and Jamie story line was. But for the most part, I'm seeing great things that i love and seeing a few little character beats that i didn't pick up on before. I had NO idea they locked the king of Qarth in his own vault. How on earth did I miss that?!

The Blackwater episode is still one of my favorites of the entire series.

God, I love this show. Below is how I look when I watch it:

Watch all 150,966 deaths so far on GOT.

C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

I only made it to Renly Baratheon - and there were already 5,119 deaths.

side note: How does my spellcheck not recognize Renly or Baratheon???
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Possible spoiler in white:

EW: Of the 15 photos HBO initially released from season 7, the one of Brienne and Tormund drew the most interest from our readers. Has fandom fascination in Tormundís attraction taken you by surprise? And has that inspired you to play with that a bit more this year?

Benioff: That scene last season when Tormund was eating and lasciviously staring at Brienne was one of our favorites. Usually, when we really love something there are a few other people who like it as well. Itís great because there was no dialogue written for that, or major stage direction, there was just a line like, ďHe stares at Brienne because heís never seen a woman like that before.Ē And then we let the actors do what they do.

Weiss: There was the episode where theyíre all leaving Castle Black together and thereís a shot ó it wasnít scripted at all ó of two of them on horseback and she looks at him and he smiles at her. Itís not something you could ever write. Itís just this moment where this guy is creeping out on her and he smiles in a way that makes her very uncomfortable and she just looks away. I saw it 150 times and every time it made me laugh; itís purely the two of them.

Benioff: It inspires us because we need to kill one of them now because there canít be a happy ending or any romantic connection on the show. But weíre not going to tell you which one.

Reaction to possible spoiler in white:

Noooooooo!

Eleven more days!!!!!!

MohandasKGanja likes this.

Six days!!!!
    choozen1ne and MohandasKGanja like this.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information