Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By sprynkles
  • 3 Post By Waterslide
  • 3 Post By Bluebonnet
  • 1 Post By Waterslide
  • 1 Post By Waterslide
  • 1 Post By louiswinthorpe111
  • 1 Post By panic

Thread: What U.S Shows Have Been Cancelled or Renewed?

Question What U.S Shows Have Been Cancelled or Renewed?

Here is a really good slide show for shows cancelled and renewed in the U.S. I have a son who LOVES Last Man Standing on ABC. I don't have the heart to tell him it's been axed.

Cancelled TV Shows: New Season 2017 (Photos) | TooFab Photo Gallery
    Waterslide likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

The only one I'm sort of sad about is Mercy Street. It wasn't the greatest show in the world, but it was at least one show in the dearth of historical drama in the US. Most of the cancelled shows I'd never heard of. Sleepy Hollow has sucked for at least the past two years, I figured Timeless wouldn't get another season, didn't even know Aquarius was still on the air, and even though I knew Bates Motel was ending, that's still sad to me.

Was Feud season 2 decided? Is it the British royal family? I'm puzzled that The Handmaid's Tale and The Night Manager have been renewed since they seem like miniseries material to me. And The Affair will be back for another torturous season which I will no doubt watch and bitch about.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

"Last Man Standing" had a great run though and it's in syndication all over the place.

I'm not surprised "Timeless" got cancelled. I tried to watch it but it was like trying to stay in a relationship with the guy you're not really in love with. All those time travel shows got axed.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

And I love time travel and I love history, but I rarely find things I love to watch with those two things in it. I don't think Americans know how to make a decent history-themed show. I actually doubt there's no audience for it, I just think the shows and marketing kind of end up sucking in one way or another.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

i don't think i've heard of any of the cancelled shows except 'sleepy hollow' because i watched an episode once and couldn't believe how fucking horrible it was.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't think i've heard of any of the cancelled shows except 'sleepy hollow' because i watched an episode once and couldn't believe how fucking horrible it was.
    There's more TV shows on the air than there are people to watch them. It's ridiculous. I miss the days of 4 networks and PBS. That was it. Shows had a chance to find an audience. Not anymore.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    I thought Sleepy Hollow was really funny the first season, then I stopped watching midway through the 2nd season. I know I loved Ichabod's fish out of water stuff, and some of the banter with his costar, but the supernatural stuff was kind of hokey. I don't watch a lot of comedy anymore, but that's what that show was to me at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    There's more TV shows on the air than there are people to watch them. It's ridiculous. I miss the days of 4 networks and PBS. That was it. Shows had a chance to find an audience. Not anymore.
    That and the fact that the networks start shows and then pull them off for two months during the winter and by the time they come back I've either forgotten what was going on or I just don't care and then when a new season comes back I think, why didn't I keep up with that show? It used to be you'd see reruns of a show during the holidays, but now they have fall finales and spring premieres of the same season and it's confusing.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

I loved The Catch. It was one of my favorite shows. Great writing, acting, all around. Sad to see it go.
    panic likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

i watched the catch only because linden from the killing was in it. but her co-star, that guy is all wrong for such a hot part. i will watch anything linden is in. i don't even know her real name. i haven't seen this season at all but i recorded them and plan to watch.

bates motel is a great show. don't cancel it, fuckers. the guy playing norman was a perfect cast. that guy IS norman bates. i still have 2 episodes left to see and now i shall savor every moment.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Mireille Enos is the name of the actress from The Catch. I was going to say I'd never heard of that show, but when I looked it up I remembered it because of her. But that's what the thing, I had barely heard of any of those cancelled shows. Who knows if they were good or not, because there are plenty of renewed shows that either suck or came to suck from being on TV way too long and the creators don't know how to end a story on a high note. And it was like a whole mess of RH shit renewed. I haven't watched any of that in years, but I figure it's kind of like the LeAnn thread, a lot of wash, rinse, repeat.

Bates Motel ended well. I will miss it, but I'm glad they didn't drag it out forever and turn into some convoluted mess so many other shows turn into.

^^i'm glad it ended well. i'm so gonna miss it because it's very hard to find a show that spooks me and this was it. norman is so cute.

oh yeah, mireille enos. i did know that.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Thread Information