Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Stranger Things

Default Stranger Things

I'm shocked there doesn't seem to be an individual thread for this show yet after all the attention it got. Anyway, i was looking for a thread to post this story about Barb getting a real job.

'Stranger Things' fave cast in one of pilot season's most promising projects

By Sandra Gonzalez, CNN
    Updated 8:30 PM ET, Wed March 8, 2017

Actress Shannon Purser attends the Entertainment Weekly Celebration of SAG Award Nominees sponsored by Maybelline New York at Chateau Marmont on January 28, 2017 in Los Angeles, California.

(CNN)The young actress who garnered a cult-like fanbase despite her limited screen time on Netflix's "Stranger Things" could be headed back to TV.

Shannon Purser, who played scene-stealing Barb on the breakout hit, has been cast in the pilot for NBC's "Drama High."

Purser's manager confirmed the casting to CNN. Deadline first reported the news.

"Drama High" comes from "Friday Night Lights" executive producer Jason Katims, who also produced "Parenthood" for the network. "Hamilton" producer Jeffrey Seller is also on board as an EP.

The show is based on a book of the same name by Michael Sokolove about a drama teacher who changed his students' lives.

Purser will play a character named Annabelle, a student who pursues a role in her high school's production of "Spring Awakening."

Though killed off in the first season of "Stranger Things," Purser's awkward Barb struck a note with fans of "Stranger Things," and the character quickly became fodder for memes and hashtags.

"Moana" star Auli'i Cravalho, who delivered a pitch-perfect performance at the Oscars, was cast as the lead "Drama High" last month.

If picked up to series, the show would earn a spot on the broadcast network's fall schedule.

Networks typically make decisions about which new series to greenlight in May ahead of their annual Upfront presentations in New York City.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/08/entertainment/stranger-things-barb-drama-high-pilot-nbc/index.html
    palta likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Love Barb! Hope she does well. She guest starred on an episode of Riverdale and I'm pretty sure she just finished a movie.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

That's Barb?!? Wow, I never would have guessed that. I really liked her on Stranger Things.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

oh that's who that is, i love that girl. i looked at the pic and thought who is that? but yeah, i was waiting for them to try to rescue barb as much as will.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Just a reminder that Season 2 drops tomorrow! Don't watch it all at once
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm off tomorrow...the current plan is to try and absorb all of it this weekend because spoilers will be EVERYWHERE
    greysfang and twitchy2.0 like this.

3 eps in so far.

Elite Member

I'm on the second to last episode... it's gone in an unexpected Xmen like direction.

Binged and finished. Hopp can be my daddy any day.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

We met our all-in-one-day binge watching goal. I loved it, I'm so disappointed it was only 9 episodes. I would have loved 3 or 4 more, even if it wasn't Upside Down story. Just show us more of the kids being amazing.

I never finished Season 1. IDK, it bored me. But the Mr. started season 2 over the weekend and I was hooked. I thought it was great sans the Heroes episode. I didn't care about those people and wanted to get back to Hawkins.
    Waterslide likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    Binged and finished. Hopp can be my daddy any day.
    Like OMG, right? I almost wanted to tweet David Harbour a wedding proposal.

Love, love, love this show. CornFlakegrl - I thought that Heroes episode was drawn out way too long. It should have been about a half a episode. I get the whole warriors thing, and exploring El's sense of self, but I was eager to get back to Hawkins, too.

I even got sucked into the Beyond Stranger Things afterwards. Those kids are more intelligent and eloquent than most adults I know.
    whitetigeress and Air Quotes like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I'm 4 eps into the second one so far. Quite liking it. The young kids are really good

My oldest kid got sucked in as I binged season 2. He hasn't seen season 1. He would look at me to explain certain parts and all I could say "You HAVE to see season 1!". As it neared the last eposides he would be visibly sad thinking it was over then the next show would automatically start and he'd lean in, gripping a pillow, glued to the screen.

Awesome show. It really went in a different direction yet stayed very Stranger Things.
    We all laughed when Beyond came on after and the host said the first few lines. Yup... sucked right in.
    I agree with Waterslide, amazingly eloquent kids. Especially Millie. She shocks me. She's only 13 !!!!

Team Hop

The cast is so great. Are we putting spoilers in here or no?
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information