• 1 Post By darksithbunny
  • 1 Post By Waterslide
  • 2 Post By Waterslide
  • 1 Post By Waterslide
  • 1 Post By rollo

Thread: Victoria on PBS

Default Victoria on PBS

Who's watching? It's fabulous!

The actress is much prettier, of course than the real Queen Victoria. Apparently, she and Prince Albert had quite the hot, steamy romance!

panic and rollo like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

i'm totally in. i've got the first episode recorded and plan to watch it soon.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

I've already seen it! Recommend it all.
    panic and Bluebonnet like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I really liked it! It wasn't completely accurate to history, but it is still great.
    panic likes this.

I found it on PBS streaming, because I didn't realize it started already or whatever. I watched a little bit of it and it's really beautiful to watch, but mostly Rufus Sewell could get it so hard. I think the real Lord M was much older (looking) in real life, but I always found that whole story with Byron interesting. I'm almost sad the real life love of Victoria's life isn't Lord M (on the show, not IRL), because they make a great couple so far, but then I haven't watched the whole first episode...
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

i watched the first episode, liked it. interesting how they want to get the whig party girls that are friends of victoria out of the castle and replace them with tory party girls. very fitting being that it was on the eve of trump's inauguration.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

I know (think) a lot of the affair between Queen V and Lord M is exaggerated, but they really do make a nice couple, barring the age difference. All I see when I watch is pretty dresses, pretty parties, and pretty Rufus.
    panic likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

I wonder if they are going to cover her friendship with John Brown. Of course, that was later in her life long after Albert died.

I LOVE the movie Mrs. Brown.

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

^Since I have Victoria on the brain, that movie popped into my mind. I need to watch it again.

It's funny, in the paper, they have a section with "Things That Happened on This Day..." and in yesterday's paper the first thing they had was that Lord Byron was born (in regards to the affair between him and Caroline Lamb) and the second thing was that Victoria had died on that date in 1901, which I just thought was interesting...
    Bluebonnet and panic like this.
    ~Manx Mouse

i like dash the dog.

I love Dash, too. A family friend used to keep King Charles Spaniels (named after Charles II, once portrayed by Rufus Sewell...I'm officially obsessed now I think.)

Mrs. Brown used to be on Netflix, but I'm not seeing it now. I hate when I put off watching things on there and they disappear. Not even Prime has it. Hmph.
    panic likes this.
    ~Manx Mouse

This first series of Victoria only deals with her early reign before she had millions of children.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Thread Information