Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Say Yes to the Dress on TLC

Default Say Yes to the Dress on TLC

I didn't see a thread for this so I thought I would start one. It's been on for ages. Does anyone watch it? I hate-watch it to see the overweight spoiled princesses try on dresses that are too small and get in fights with their mothers or sisters or best friends, etc. Also love hearing Randy's bitchy comments and then there is "Say Yes to the Dress - Atlanta" where all the southern belles can whine until Monte puts them in their places.

Last edited by Bluebonnet; December 30th, 2016 at 04:42 PM.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I see that on german TV, TLC or something. It's kinda strange to see how important a wedding dress is for all this people.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Too important, really. That's why I hate-watch it. To mock these drama queens who spend more on a damn dress they are going to wear once than I make in a month.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I read on another board that Randy was in a contract dispute with the producers and the show is in danger of being cancelled.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Oh and what's that other stupid ass bridal show on TLC...."Four Weddings" or something where a group of 4 brides go to each others' weddings and "critique" them. Then the one with the highest score gets a free honeymoon. I ain't ever seen so much tackiness in my life!
    Fran likes this.

I've never seen it, but a beauty YouTuber that I watch has a best friend that's going to be on it soon. The friend was also a Miss-Something Southern State and was on a season of the Amazing Race with her dad. It looked like it was BS.

I've watched it from time to time. Can't get over the fact that nowadays almost ALL wedding dresses are strapless and the fugliest, fattest, most unbecoming females try on the dresses that are least flattering for their body types. I also hate the many tattoed brides to be. I hate tattoos, but if a person needs to get inked, I can understand a tiny tat, somewhere where it's out of sight, perhaps with a symbolic meaning for the person who has it. What I don't get is the brides with either the fugliest, cartoon like, tats from the Amy Winehouse school of random fugly tats or the ones who have their entire arms inked like they are sleeves. I just don't get it, period.

Bluebonnet, Fran and MsDark like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I love watching SYTTD in all it's incarnations, lol! As for 4 Weddings, I don't think there's been a new episode in a while, but a couple of them stand out to me. One where the last bride (IIRC) had stated all along she wasn't having bridesmaids, just a simple wedding. Lo and behold, the day of here come her bridesmaids and bagpipe players too! The other brides were pissed, it seemed like she realized her own wedding was too simple to win, so she added to it at the last minute. Another is one where the bride looked kind of like an 80's rock groupie, but was super Christian to the point of not even kissing her groom until the day of the wedding (he was also quiet younger than her). She wore a Cinderella type dress with a little bolero; they didn't serve food at the reception, just sweets and pastries. The other brides resorted to ordering a pizza and eating it out in the parking lot...
    Bluebonnet likes this.

I love this show, only because I do love to see all the different dresses. The girls are (mostly) spoiled rotten by their "daddies", who are all weird and overprotective (not sure if they are playing it up for the cameras or not). I'm always shocked by these brides who claim they are going to be so "classy" and wear dresses that look like this:

Seriously, is see-through now considered classy and elegant?

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post

WTF is this? An alien wedding? Give the girl a sandwich and some taste!

I don't get the mermaid dress trend. Especially women "with curves" look ridiculous with their tits busting out of the dress top while they walk like penguins because the skirt is too tight.

I used to watch this show like...a lot when I was wedding planning. Those ugly, overly expensive Penina dresses (which have the sheer bodice) are the WORST. And so many of those dresses cost more than my entire wedding did. I can't imagine spending that much on a dress you wear once.

However, I did learn a lot about which cuts were best for different body shapes by watching, which made it a lot simpler when I was shopping for my own dress since I could actually verbalize the kind of thing I was looking for when I went into bridal shops.

And I am one of those plus-sized, tattooed brides who wore a strapless dress with many of my tattoos on display. I did try on more covered styles, they didn't look good on me-they made me look very dowdy. And I wouldn't have dreamed of covering my tattoos on my wedding day, unless the dress I loved happened to cover them. They are a part of me, and have been for years. It wouldn't look like "me" anymore if my arms were bare and no tattoos were visible. It's the same reason I wore glasses instead of contacts (I very rarely wear contacts in my daily life). I wanted to look like myself, not some version of myself that will never surface again.

A co-worker of ours got married years back. Granted, nobody can help the way they look and I'm certainly no beauty either. But this girl was unfortunate looking: short (about 5 ft), probably 30-40 pounds overweight so she looked very rotund overall, without anything resembling a waist. Just huge breasts and immediately beneath that her stomach and belly began like a giant beach ball. A small head, with a piggy nose (nostrils pointing forward), no defined chin but a goiter like situation like George Lucas flowing straight into her neck. Big, flabby, upper arms. She did have the most gorgeous, very light blue, eyes with the blackest rim around the iris, but that was it. Bad teeth situation as well. She was a huge animal lover, so she had tattoos of paw prints running from somewhere on her back, over her shoulder diagonally into the cleavage of her strapless dress. Add to that a range of smaller tats on her huge arms, seemingly randomly applied, of all kinds of animals. It looked like a bunch of elementary school children had drawn their versions of dogs, cats, pigs, horses, roosters etc. on her and had colored them in the craziest colors.
    I know tastes differ, but it looked insane and apparently many at her wedding, people who knew her a lot better than we as co-workers did, seemed to be surprised or even shocked, so perhaps she got the tats without them knowing or fairly recently. I don't know. But at the reception we overheard even some of her own relatives saying stuff like "why did she do that to herself?" "couldn't she at least have gone to a better tattoo artist?"
    I guess you had to be there so you can understand the magnitude of the spectacle that she was on her big day.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I love SYTTD, but mainly because of Randy. I usually only watch the marathons, so I am eons behind. Some of the brides on the show need to be drawn and quartered, though. Selfish, self-centered twats.

I love that show. On some German channel they show every Saturday about 4-5 episodes of it.

I have to admit I am also surprised that no matter what the girl look like, they always get the advice to take a strapless dress.
    Lofty Bike and Bluebonnet like this.

Elite Member

I'm watching Four Weddings right now. I love this show. The brides can be such bitches. The things they critique about the weddings are ridiculous. Half the time what they are upset about is just about different tastes or something the bride can't control. There is always one bride who really thinks she deserves to win and wants to take down the others and finds the stupidest things to pick at. They filmed it once in my area. That was a fun episode to watch.

I only watch the original SYTTD. That Panina (whatever her name is) lady makes expensive stripper dresses. I will never let my daughter have an entourage to pick out her dress. You don't need that many opinions.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information