Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: This is Us - Tuesdays on NBC

Default This is Us - Tuesdays on NBC

This show is into its 6th episode this week - can't believe no thread on it from all you network-watching Parenthood fans, since this is the obvious successor! Personally, I told myself I would watch the first one and then probably drop it but nooooooooooo it sucked me in like a hoover vacuum. Anyone else?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

OMG1 I LOVE this show!!!

Apparently, the ratings are doing very well. And it's way better than Parenthood. Not as sappy and annoying. I love how they go back and forth from present day to the 80's and cover the childhoods of the kids.
    Trixie likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Thank you! I knew I couldn't be the only one watching this. I really love it too. I talked the Mr. into watching the first one, and got him hooked. Sterling K. Brown is a standout but really, all the characters are great.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I kept meaning to start a thread on it but would forget. Next to "Timeless", this is my favorite new drama.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

So I accidentally caught the Pilot at the beginning of a marathon and have been binge watching! Someone stop me....

Yes, I definitely like it. Nice surprise.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

never even heard of this but just googled. sounds interesting and addictive, which parenthood could have been if they didn't have so many insufferable characters (especially fucking kristina). how do they deal with the characters who are around in the 80s and today? do they age them with make up or just pretend they magically look the same?
    Last edited by sputnik; January 8th, 2017 at 09:59 AM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    never even heard of this but just googled. sounds interesting and addictive, which parenthood could have been if they didn't have so many insufferable characters (especially fucking kristina). how do they deal with the characters who are around in the 80s and today? do they age them with make up or just pretend they magically look the same?
    Yes, it's the same characters back in the 80s and today, however, most of them were kids in the 80s, so no age make-up for them. A few are played by the same characters and have age-make up. It's an awesome show. You need to check it out. SO much better than Parenthood.
    Bluebonnet and sputnik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    The 80s characters for the most part stay in the 80s, in flashbacks, and when they show up in present time, you just have to suspend disbelief because the age makeup isn't very good. The 3 (now-adult) kids are played by kid actors, in the 80s scenes, obviously. So far, it's definitely better than Parenthood, actually just forget the Parenthood comparisons and watch the pilot. I wasn't expecting much but I was hooked. IMO, it's the best network show to come along in ages.
    Bluebonnet and sputnik like this.

I caught the marathon too, yesterday on USA! So glad I did. I missed several of the episodes during the season so I got to catch up. I'm in love with the guy who plays the dad.

That finale!!! Poor Kate!

I'm so in love with this show, it's really good.

I'm honestly STILL angry about that finale cliffhanger. I can't wait for Tuesday.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

The close relationship with Kate and her twin brother, and now they are on opposite ends of the country. Well, I guess I'm getting sensitive in my old age because it made me really miss both of mine. We are all spread about as far apart geographically as you can get in this country while still being in the south/lower half.

One's in Miami, the other in SoCal. The closest one to me is still a thousand miles away.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

New episode tonight! We can see what happened with Toby.

This is a great show!!
    Bluebonnet likes this.

*SPOILER ALERT* (Highlight to read)

I'm so glad Toby is OK and that he proposed! And that damn Olivia bitch is back, trying to get her role back in the play and wants to hook up with Kevin again. the idiot is even considering it!

I loved the flashback to Jack and Rebecca first found out they were having triplets and he bought that house. He was a true stand up husband.

OMG! Last night's episode!!! Let's dish!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information