Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By gas_chick
  • 1 Post By panic
  • 1 Post By panic
  • 1 Post By Waterslide
  • 1 Post By panic

Thread: The Strain

Default The Strain

Am I the only watching this show? I really like it and the cast so I read the books. Did not enjoy those so much and the show as really not following them so closely so that was great but I just watched this season's finale and I just want to drop kick Eph's kid into oblivion.
    panic likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I've never even heard of it. Sounds like something up my ally though.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Vampires girl and not shiny ones.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

oooh nice.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I know, Zack's a FUCKIN asshole. they would've had eichorst under the atlantic in a lead and silver coffin and zack ruined it. what's your dad supposed to do? let your mother turn him in to a monster? jerk off.

I don't know why but i love this show. it's not characteristic of me to like zombies or vampires, although these aren't usual vampires, but still, it's humans in make-up meant to be scary which is usually just silly to me. i started watching it cause it thought it was gonna be about an epidemic but it paid off.

It's FANTASTIC because it's so rich with plot. I care about the characters - Eph, Nora, Fet, zack, dutch, love the old guy with the cane, even eldridge palmer. To me, Eichorst is scary as fuck, more so when he looks human.

i love when they go back in time and the old man with the cane is young.

it's interesting to see what's going on with zack's mother because she's the only one who walks around looking normal when she's really one those disgusting vampire things. ew, i hate that snake thing that comes out of their mouths with teeth that grip and suck your blood.

also, that guy who tried to keep his mother alive as long as he could, keeping her in a straight jacket and chained to something and he brought in blood in a bowl to feed her.
    Last edited by panic; November 14th, 2016 at 07:31 PM.
    gas_chick likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Yep I wanted to rip Zach's fucking head off. Hated the character in the book too. Like he's the only one that had to watch someone he cares about die in this whole thing. It is pretty amazing how much I like most of the characters. Usually I like one or two and don't give a crap about the rest but they are all interesting and likeable in their own ways.

I will definitely put this on my to-watch list, because I love vampires. Xfinity has Season 3, but I can't find the first two seasons streaming anywhere.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

amazon has all 3 seasons. i don't think they're prime yet.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

LOL, that's what I meant. I'm a cheapskate...well, not really, because I pay for Prime, but I try to find it where I don't have to pay for it, if possible. Maybe it will show up somewhere soon, though. Fx shows are usually pretty easy to find streaming.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

pffft, me too. paying for anything on amazon goes against my grain. it'll be prime eventually. i just finished watching season 2 of orphan black last week and season 3 just happened to go prime this week. yay. but i wouldn't have watched it until it went prime. i will easily wait it out until it goes prime.

when my cousin recommended orphan black and i started checking to see if it was prime, she looked at me like i had two heads cause she can't understand caring about that. yeah, I do care about that!

Yeah, it gets crazy having to pay additional money for something that, knowing my luck, will come out Prime next week. I think I did sort of splurge and watch Hannibal like that, though, or at least a few episodes, but if I can help it, they aren't getting more of my money. Sometimes it adds up to $40/season. And I know myself, I won't be able to stop at just one or two episodes.

Orphan Black is another one that's on my to-watch list. I saw one or two episodes, but it was in the middle of the series, so I was understandably pretty lost. Looks like a good show, thouigh.
    panic likes this.
    ~Manx Mouse

yes, i recommend watching orphan black from the first episode. it's SO good. the more i watch it, the more i realize what an amazing actress tatiana maslany is to pull it off so convincingly. you'll see what i mean when you get into it. she won an emmy this year for outstanding lead actress.
    Waterslide likes this.

I'll have to move it up on my list, because I have never heard one bad thing about the show or the actress. There are just so many shows to watch, my mind is swimming, but I'm not complaining. lol
    ~Manx Mouse

I know! it's almost annoying how many shows get high ratings that i still have still not seen. TV has never been so good.

Thread Information