Like Tree13Likes
  • 5 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 1 Post By Trixie
  • 2 Post By Bluebonnet
  • 3 Post By BITTER
  • 1 Post By msdeb
  • 1 Post By Brookie

Thread: "Bull" (Michael Weatherly's New Show) on CBS. Who Is Watching?

Default "Bull" (Michael Weatherly's New Show) on CBS. Who Is Watching?

I loved it! Several of the reviews said if you liked the show "Lie to Me" (which was on Fox a few years back with Tim Roth), you'll love this show. I agree.

Here's the article:

After being away from our screens for upwards of four months, NCIS vet Michael Weatherly returned to TV on Tuesday night as the “Boss” to his own team, on CBS’Bull. What say you, the jury?

Comfortably hammocked between NCIS and its relocated New Orleans offshoot, Weatherly stars as Dr. Jason Bull, the leader of the elite, gadget-heavy Trial Analysis Corporation, which — for a very pretty penny, one must assume — will help a defendant best plan a courtroom strategy.
    Working alongside Dr. Bull are his former brother-in-law Benny Colon (played by Freddy Rodriguez), a legal eagle who pre-tries clients’ cases in front of a “mirror jury”; Marissa Morgan (Geneva Carr), a neurolinguistics expert poached from Homeland Security; former NYPD detective Danny James (Jaime Lee Kirchner); millennial hacker Cable McCrory (Annabelle Attanasio); and lineman-turned-stylist Chunk Palmer (Chris Jackson).

The first case the TAC team tackle involves a rich kid, Brandon, who is accused of strangling a drug-peddling hook-up during a yacht party. Bull immediately winnows down the brooder’s massive legal team, then does his best to wrangle the unctuous lead attorney, whose Rolex he even (and rightly so!) bugs. As both the haughty lawyer and viewers are told repeatedly, winning over a jury can hinge on targeting the right member — in this case, a woman who subconsciously wants to make up for not giving her son the father he deserves. Or something.

Bull catches a break when Taylor, a pampered princess who deemed Brandon her own, lashes out on the stand, looking mighty, murderously jealous of his hook-up. But in the end, Brandon’s alleged motive withers away when Bull empowers the lead attorney’s beleaguered colleague to have the lad to reveal the truth on the stand: he is gay, and was with a man at the time of the murder. In a coda that seemed tacked on just to let us know who did commit the crime, we learn that it was Taylor’s mother, and that Brandon had been bedding her husband. Then, in a moment added since the pilot originally went out, we see the cops pull up to arrest the mom, as Bull stands outside, satisfied in a job well done.

As often the case with pilots, we didn’t get to know much about the other TAC team members — Benny ribs Jason about his ex; Danny can be tough; Cable likes her earbuds. And we must wonder, will Bull always be defending a wrongfully accused person? (And would he always know?)

https://tvline.com/2016/09/20/bull-r...ael-weatherly/

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I just can't believe there is a show where the star is a jury consultant. What's next, "Ace Brockington - Court Reporter"?

The show is based on Dr. Phil's prior career (which is how he met Oprah and the rest is history) and is produced by Dr. Phil's son I believe. So for this reason I probably won't watch it. MrTrix put it in the DVR though because he's an NCIS fan.
    Waterslide likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Dr. Phil was a jury consultant???

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Dr. Phil was a jury consultant???
    Yep. When Oprah was sued by the beef counsel or something when she said beef is dangerous. Dr. Phil was the jury consultant for the defense.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Yep. When Oprah was sued by the beef counsel or something when she said beef is dangerous. Dr. Phil was the jury consultant for the defense.
    I remember that. And she proclaimed, "I'll NEVER TOUCH another HAMBURGER!!". Whatevs...I'm sure that in between huffing mac and cheese after Beloved tanked, there were a couple of Carl's Jr. double cheeseburgers in there.
    Brah, Waterslide and Bluebonnet like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

i loved the show. i wasn't sure i was going to, but i enjoyed it.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I just can't believe there is a show where the star is a jury consultant. What's next, "Ace Brockington - Court Reporter"?
    No, it's "Fred Smith - Bailiff".
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Thread Information