Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Today is The Breakfast Club's fateful detention day

Default Today is The Breakfast Club's fateful detention day

News/

Are You a Rebel or a Princess? Today Is The Breakfast Club's Fateful Detention Day

by Jenna Mullins Thu, Mar 24, 2016 8:00 AM

Universal Pictures
    On this date, March 24, in 1984 at 7:00 a.m., five high school students showed up for an all-day Saturday detention. To be more specific, a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess and a criminal showed up for all-day Saturday detention. And they learned more about themselves then they ever thought possible.
    Today is the date of that fateful day for those kids, the criminal John (Judd Nelson), princess Claire (Molly Ringwald), athlete Andy (Emilio Estevez), basketcase Allison (Ally Sheedy) and the brain Ralph (Anthony Michael Hall).
    VIDEO: Molly Ringwald covers The Breakfast Club theme song
    While The Breakfast Club celebrated its 30th anniversary in 2015, we have yet to have a year go by where quotes from that film aren't still intensely relevant. For example:

"We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all."

"Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place."

"When you grow up, your heart dies."
    Today, in honor of the most important date in one of the most iconic high school movies of all time, read the letter that Brian writes for Mr. Vernon at the end of the day:
    Dear Mr. Vernon:
    We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong, but we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us... In the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain…and an athlete…and a basket case…a princess…and a criminal.
    Does that answer your question?
    Sincerely yours,
    The Breakfast Club

Happy Breakfast Club Detention Day, everyone! Now go out and be a rebel. Or a brain. Or an athlete. Or a basket case. Or a princess. Or whatever the hell you want to be!
    Are You a Rebel or a Princess? Today Is The Breakfast Club's Fateful Detention Day | E! Online
    panic, gas_chick, dougie and 5 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

One of the best movies. I gotta get my kid to watch this with me.
    SHELLEE likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

One of my favorite movies. They better not ever remake this!!
    SHELLEE likes this.

Without lamps, there'd be no light.
    SHELLEE and louiswinthorpe111 like this.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

Nobody could flare their nostrils like Judd Nelson. NOBODY.

Don't you ever talk about my friends. You don't know any of my friends. You don't look at any of my friends. And you certainly wouldn't condescend to speak to any of my friends. So you just stick to the things you know: shopping, nail polish, your father's BMW, and your poor, rich, drunk mother in the Caribbean.

And as far as being concerned about what's gonna happen when you and I walk down the hallways of school together, you can forget cause it's never gonna happen. Just bury your head in the sand and wait for your fuckin prom.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

I knew this guy in college who watched The Breakfast Club every single day. Like, couldn't go to bed unless he'd watched it at some point. I wonder if he still does that.

"A naked blonde walks into a bar, carrying a poodle under one arm and a 6 foot salami under the other. The Bardtender says, 'So, I don't suppose you'd be needing a drink?' The blonde says......"
    gas_chick and Honeythorn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Nobody could flare their nostrils like Judd Nelson. NOBODY.
    I always thought he was hot. I loved him in "Suddenly Susan" in the 90's with Brooke Shields.

gas_chick, Honeythorn and Laurent like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I am SOOO going to watch this tonight while wolfing down my son's birthday cake that I've made. .......... after he has his slice of course.
    Honeythorn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I always thought he was hot. I loved him in "Suddenly Susan" in the 90's with Brooke Shields.
    He said that he left the show because of David Strickland's suicide. Even though Nelson loved the show, he said that there was no way the place would be the same for him.

He said that he left the show because of David Strickland's suicide. Even though Nelson loved the show, he said that there was no way the place would be the same for him.
    Wow, I had totally forgotten about that...

I checked out Nelson's IMDB page wondering where is he now. He makes like 4 movies a year. Who knew he was still working?
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Yeah, the cast was so devastated when that happened that it shut down that show completely. And the ratings were good, too.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Simple Minds: Dont You Forget About Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfIcZtjAch8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information