Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tribute to James Burrows (Reunion of casts of Friends, Frasier, etc.) Who watched?

Default Tribute to James Burrows (Reunion of casts of Friends, Frasier, etc.) Who watched?

James Burrows tribute kicks off with skit with Friends, Cheers stars

Play

February 21st is going to be amazing for TV viewers. The casts of Friends , Fasier , Taxi , Will & Grace , The Big Bang Theory and more are coming together to honor TV director James Burrows for Must See TV: A Tribute to James Burrows . Burrows made...
    on.aol.com

NBCs tribute to legendary television director James Burrows will kick off with a bang. The two-hour special, titled Must See TV: An All Star Tribute to James Burrows, will begin with a hilarious star-studded skit that includes cameos from everyone from Ted Danson to Charlie Sheen, according to Us Weekly on Feb. 20. The special commemorates Burrows 1,000th episode of TV, but it could be the opening sketch thats the must-see.

Photo by David Buchan/Getty Images
    The parody video features Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons asking pal Sean Hayes (Will and Grace) for help with setting up the all-star tribute for Burrows. Hayes frantically proceeds to make phone calls to former NBC comedy stars like Danson, his "Cheers" co-star Rhea Pearlman, a confessional-dwelling Charlie Sheen, and Friends alum Matt LeBlanc, whos doing guy things with other Burrows protgs like Johnny Galecki. (And by "guy things" we mean hes getting a pedicure with some lavender foot soak.) The hilarious skit plays out like a James Burrows TV episode.
    James Burrows is TVs most famous face behind the camera. During his storied directing career (which started in the early 1970s with an episode of The Mary Tyler Moore Show), he has won a whopping 10 Emmy Awards and four Directors Guild honors, according to CNN. In a conference call about the tribute special, Burrows described the gathering of his former sitcom casts in his honor as just an out-of-body experience.
    Take a look at the must-see mashup from the James Burrows special in the video above. Must See TV: An All Star Tribute to James Burrows airs Sunday, Feb. 21 at 9 p.m. on NBC.

James Burrows tribute kicks off with skit with ‘Friends,’ ‘Cheers’ stars [Video] | Examiner.com
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Crud. Missed it!! Hope it will be on demand!! Did you watch? How was it??

I watched. Everyone is old. It was depressing, lol. Well, not the Big Bang Theory people. I didn't know Mike & Molly got cancelled. That's surprising. Kelsey Grammer and David Hyde Pierce were so funny. And Jennifer Aniston seems like a genuine happy person. She just exuded joy. I love her.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Casts of Friends and The Big Bang Theory:

Last edited by Bluebonnet; February 22nd, 2016 at 01:14 PM.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Cast of Cheers:

Cast of Will and Grace: (Debra Messing did a pre-recorded video and introduced the cast)

Last edited by Bluebonnet; February 22nd, 2016 at 01:14 PM.

Cast of Taxi:

Cast of Frasier (Kelsey Grammar was in London but he recorded some shorts that were hilarious!)

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I watched. Everyone is old. It was depressing, lol. Well, not the Big Bang Theory people. I didn't know Mike & Molly got cancelled. That's surprising. Kelsey Grammer and David Hyde Pierce were so funny. And Jennifer Aniston seems like a genuine happy person. She just exuded joy. I love her.

I had no idea Mike and Molly got cancelled either. I stopped watching it because I don't like Mike's mom. She's a manipulative bitch.

I couldn't get over how old Shelly Long looks. She's still pretty but very "old" looking...like a sweet, pretty grandma. Marilu Henner looked great as did Tony Danza and Rev. Jim. (Although he's looked old since the 80's.) Rhea Perlman and Danny DeVito and Judd Hirsch all look about the same to me. Sean Hayes looks paunchier around the eyes.

Eric McCormack, my pretend boyfriend, will NEVER look bad. EVER!

Thanks for posting those pics. They did a crowd shot of Courteney Cox, ugh. Her cheek fillers have given her deep set tiny eyes. It looks okay from a distance, but up close is scary.
    Did they mention where Kirstie Alley was? Or John Mahoney from Frasier. He's only 75. Hopefully he's doing well.
    Peri Gilpin has had some interesting work done. She looks like a younger Sara Jessica Parker instead of Peri Glpin.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Thanks for posting those pics. They did a crowd shot of Courteney Cox, ugh. Her cheek fillers have given her deep set tiny eyes. It looks okay from a distance, but up close is scary.
    Did they mention where Kirstie Alley was? Or John Mahoney from Frasier. He's only 75. Hopefully he's doing well.
    Peri Gilpin has had some interesting work done. She looks like a younger Sara Jessica Parker instead of Peri Glpin.
    You're welcome! Yeah, I was wondering the same thing about Kirstie Alley and John Mahoney. And yeah, Peri did look different somehow...like she got veneers or something.

Peri Gilpin now.

I have no idea how her relationship with the people form Cheers was, but I've read that she refused to go on Frasier(the only main cast member from Cheers to never appear on Frasier) because as a Scientologist she doesn't believe in psychiatry. Which is interesting because he played the exact same character on Cheers and Lilith was a shrink on Cheers too.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    I have no idea how her relationship with the people form Cheers was, but I've read that she refused to go on Frasier(the only main cast member from Cheers to never appear on Frasier) because as a Scientologist she doesn't believe in psychiatry. Which is interesting because he played the exact same character on Cheers and Lilith was a shrink on Cheers too.
    Uggh. Exactly! How stupid was that reasoning? I forgot Kirstie was the big sci-bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Casts of Friends and The Big Bang Theory:

How you doin' Matt LeBlanc....looking good Mr.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information