Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Grammy Awards 2016

Default Grammy Awards 2016

Waiting for Gaga and then The Hollywood Vampires making their tv debut (Joe Perry, Alice Cooper, Johnny Depp). I need to cringe with friends. I even watched Bieber who sounded like John Mayer.

Elvis impersonator!

Okay, l'm all alone in here. But the BB King Tribute is superb.
    Last edited by Chalet; February 15th, 2016 at 10:43 PM.

I liked Bieber. He can sing. Otherwise, it's been boring.
    arie_skop, rollo and BeantownBitch like this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Sorry, but the Bowie tribute was terrible.

I thought the BB King tribute was great, the way a tribute should be. It's not like I hate Gaga, but that was so disappointing.
    panic likes this.

Thank you, Sprinkles. You are my friend.

I still thinking very bad bad things about Gaga. It had nothing to do with Bowie. I thought the Eagles sounded great and looked very sad.

Every time I see Beck in the audience I get worried. My godson who is 23 sent me a text during Alice Cooper - "I don't understand this music". I told him just know he was the first, an original. These kids were never exposed to rock music.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Gaga. I don't get it. Her voice is just so bland. I had to switch over to the Bachelor when the Eagles were on. I love them and it's so hard hearing them sound so old.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Even Jackson Browne hit the wall. I'm alternating with the Westminster Dog Show. Bassett Hound. Sweet.
    Bluebonnet and BeantownBitch like this.

Little boy playing the piano is the highlight of the night.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I liked Bieber.
    end times!
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Wait… what just happened? When Adele took the stage at the 58th Annual Grammy Awards on Monday, February 15, everyone assumed it would be magical, but her rendition of “All I Ask” hit immediate hiccups.
    Clad in a sparkly scarlet gown, Adele, 27, tried to give a simple-yet-touching performance of the tune from chart-shattering album 25, standing in front of a piano and belting out the challenging song. But for those watching on TV, there were strange twangs and noises throughout the beginning of the ballad.

Justin Bieber Kevork Djansezian/Getty ImagesAn insider tells Us Weekly that the noises were only heard by TV viewers, and to those in the audience at the Staples Center, the Grammy winner sounded flawless. Some viewers noted they thought a microphone had fallen into the piano at the beginning of the performance. But there was another theory out there.

The twangs sounded similar to an acoustic guitar, so when Justin Bieberimmediately followed Gaga's performance by strumming his acoustic guitar to "Love Yourself," fans began to speculate that his guitar was accidentally plugged in during Adele's moment.

Naturally, fans on Twitter quickly reacted to the less-than-stellar live moment.
    Adele Matt Sayles/Invision/AP"Did @justinbieber guitar tuning mess up @Adele 's performance?? #GRAMMYs #SomeonesGettingFired," @kjs_nyc tweeted. And @marylanehaskell added, "Did @justinbieber throw his guitar just to be cool or because it ruined queen @Adele's performance and he was #sorry? #Grammys2016 #GRAMMYs."
    Musician Preston Wait wrote, "I think the mystery person playing acoustic guitar behind Adele was Bieber."
    New York Times film critic James Poniewozik tweeted, "I think we all owe it to Adele to undergo hypnosis to overwrite the memory of that performance with the one she should have given."
    Reporter Ronan Farrow added, "With that kind of track record, you'd think Adele's sound guy was running for President."
    The ballad, about spending one final night with a lover, is just one of many heartbreak anthems from her record-breaking album 25. While the latest effort from the British songstress was not eligible for this year’s awards, it’s sure to top next year’s list of nominees.

Adele Kevin Winter/WireImageAdele has previously won 10 Grammys, one Oscar and one Golden Globe.

After a sold-out show in Los Angeles on February 12, the British superstar will officially start her North American tour on July 5 in St. Paul, Minnesota. All of her 56 dates are currently sold out.

Was Justin Bieber to Blame for Adele's Grammys 2016 Sound Problems? - Us Weekly

Glad Bruno won and Swift made it on stage without you know who. Back to the Dog show so I don't have to suffer through this pitbull person.
    lindsaywhit and Sojiita like this.

I heard Robin Thicke & Pitbull and said, "Oh, hell no."

Demi Lovato killed it tonight. I had no idea she could sing like that.
    arie_skop and darksithbunny like this.

jesus, that Gaga tribute was just awful. and i too loved Demi Lovato.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I am so glad Uptown Funk won an award.
    panic likes this.

David Bowie's tribute was a big let down. Gaga would never come close to Bowie's legacy and artistry
    panic and HeartShapedBox like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information