• 1 Post By gas_chick

Thread: Internet Decides Greatest Horror Movies of 21st Century

Default Internet Decides Greatest Horror Movies of 21st Century

This list is so, so wrong. Just wrong.

And now the internet has voted on the best horror film of the 21st century

The Cabin In The WoodsThe Cabin In The Woods
    By Rob Dean@neuroticmonkey
    Aug 18, 2015 12:10 PM

Previously, Mark Hofmeyer of Movies, Films, and Flix spent countless hours and immense amount of nerd energy going through the top ranked horror films of the 21st century. He did this by aggregating multiple websites critics’ and users’ scores and came up with multiple lists that varied but there was some consistency across the board. In his initial findings, Pan’s Labyrinth, Let The Right One In, Shaun Of The Dead, What We Do In The Shadows, The Babadook, and Zombieland were usually in the top ten. And so Mark created a poll using many of the previously top listed films and turned it over to visitors to Movies, Films, and Flix to see what their opinion would be and how it matched up to his aggregate. And the results are in.
    While there is definitely some overlap, there are a lot of different opinions and alterations between the two lists. Based on the final tally, the readers’ poll resulted in the following breakdown of best horror film of the 21st century:

10. Drag Me To Hell
    9. Mulholland Drive
    8. Shaun Of The Dead
    7. The Babadook
    6. It Follows
    5. Let The Right One In
    4. The Descent
    3. 28 Days Later
    2. Pan’s Labyrinth
    1. The Cabin In the Woods

There’s a lot less horror comedy in this list than in the previous ones, though Shaun Of The Dead and The Cabin In The Woods both have their moments of hilarity. It’s also interesting to see a Lynch film crack the top ten and freak people out, as well as a joy to see that Raimi’s last foray into horror still resonates with people. To read more of the list (including the rest of the films that made up the top 21), and learn more about the films, head on over to M

And now the internet has voted on the best horror film of the 21st century · Great Job, Internet! · The A.V. Club
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

What a shitty list. It Follows just fucking sucked. The horror is apparently and STD or something. I love Shaun of the Dead but it isn't really a horror film. Drag Me to Hell sucked. The only thing scary about The Descent was the fact that they were stuck in caverns. Mulholland Drive another non horror. Let the Right One In is a good movie but not in my top ten. I'd say the same for 28 Days Later, The Cabin in the Woods and Pan's Labyrinth. I haven't seen the Babadook yet so I can't comment on it but I doubt it will crack my ten either.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

If it doesn't have The Shining on it, it sucks.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oh piss off at this list....cabin in the woods at 1.haha
    Babadook is awesome though.

^^^^
    it's only for horror movies made in the 21st century so the shining wouldn't even qualify.

is "the cabin in the woods" any good? several people i know have raved about it but i still haven't gotten round to watching it.$

agree 28 days later and mulholland drive are awesome but not horror.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I liked The Cabin in the Woods but it isn't really horror either IMO.
    sputnik likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    it's only for horror movies made in the 21st century so the shining wouldn't even qualify.

is "the cabin in the woods" any good? several people i know have raved about it but i still haven't gotten round to watching it.$

agree 28 days later and mulholland drive are awesome but not horror.
    Mulholland Drive???? What the hell?

Cabin in the Woods is great. But I thought of it as almost a satire of horror movies. I love it, though. There was a funny story about the guy who played the stoner character, too, that I read with my kids.

Let the Right One In - is a modern masterpiece. RICHLY deserves its place on the list.

Pan's Labyrinth - love it, but I don't think of it as a horror movie.
    sputnik likes this.

why isn't "the human centipede" on the list? that shit is horrific.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Lol see that is what I think of when I think of Horror!
    sputnik likes this.

Thread Information