Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Breaking News! Kermit and Miss Piggy drove to 'Splitsville' too ;)

Elite Member

Default Breaking News! Kermit and Miss Piggy drove to 'Splitsville' too ;)

*grumble grumble grumbles.. What's this doing here?... grumble grumble grumbles...What are we six years old?.. grumble grumble grumbles.. This isn't gossip!.. grumble grumbles...

Okay now that's out the way.. on with the article

Miss Piggy says her breakup with Kermit will be 'great for moi's stardom'

Miss Piggy says her breakup with Kermit will be 'great for moi's stardom'

The Huffington Post
    Maureen Ryan 5 hrs ago

Kermit and Miss Piggy have definitely broken up, and the porcine star is 100 percent fine with that. She's got a new show this fall, and at a press appearance, she was focused on the positive.

“This will be great for moi’s stardom,” she said during an ABC panel at the Television Critics Association press tour.

Kermit and Miss Piggy were at the TCAs to promote ABC's fall comedy “The Muppets,” which is set behind-the-scenes at a late-night talk show, “Up Late with Miss Piggy,” where Kermit serves as the executive producer.

At the panel, Kermit and Miss Piggy didn’t go into details about their breakup, but she did say, “Dating moi is like flying close to the sun.”

Kermit is now dating someone who works in marketing at ABC, and his new girlfriend is also a pig. The producers hinted that Miss Piggy will be threatened by Kermit’s relationship with Kermit’s new pignifcant other.

However, Miss Piggy insists that it’s better that their relationship ended. Her single status will drive even more coverage of her life, and she said she looks forward to the tabloids speculating on “who she’s going to get caught snogging.”

Never a pig with self-esteem problems, she also took credit for inspiring a lot of actresses who came up after her.

“They’ve all modeled themselves after moi.”

But what’s her secret to never aging? Well, she just decided one day not to ever get any older. “Moi is timeless … You should try it one day. Just look in the mirror and say, ‘I’m done with this aging thing.’”

Executive producers Bill Prady (of “The Big Bang Theory”) and Bob Kushell confirmed that the show, which premieres Sept. 22, will be a workplace comedy, but guests like Imagine Dragons and Reese Witherspoon have already been booked, and other famous stars will be visiting Miss Piggy's show, as well.

Prady said that it’s complicated to shoot the many puppets that make up "The Muppets" cast — the show's shot in the style of “The Office” or “Modern Family,” but given that the stars are made of felt, it takes a fair bit of planning to get everything right.

It’s more challenging than it looks to go “into this amazing world and getting it to look haphazard and casual and getting the documentary shots that are dirty and messy and catching things you’re not supposed to catch,” Prady said.

© Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP.. Kermit and Miss Piggy.

Anything to get attention for the new show!! Who do they think they are, Kardashians??

I hope the new show is good, the Muppet Show was a big part of my childhood.

Bronze Member

It was the nanny. Miss Piggy gave her a karate chop.

Best part of this promotion idea is the statement from Kermit and Miss Piggy:

No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

Mah-na, mah-na.

Somewhere John Denver is rolling over in his grave. Or his ashes are fretting on a mountaintop, as the case may be.

Actually, it's totally a pity he's dead because he'd make a fabulous "other man" for Piggy to be flaunting in front of Kermie. She always did have a thing for John.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

The Muppets: Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy: New Girlfriend Photos : People.com

FIRST PHOTOS: Meet The Muppets' Kermit the Frog's New Girlfriend Denise

Denise and Kermit
    Andrea McCallin/ABC

By Patrick Gomez
    @PatrickGomezLA
    09/01/2015 AT 02:10 PM EDT

Well, that didn't take long.

It's been less than month since Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy announced they were splitting after four decades together, but it appears the plush amphibian has already moved on.

Kermit, who is still working with Miss Piggy on her late-night talk show Up Late with Miss Piggy – a situation that is being documented on the upcoming ABC series The Muppets – has been spotted around town numerous times with a head of marketing at ABC named Denise, a source tells PEOPLE exclusively.

"She's always stopping by the set of Up Late," the source says of Denise.

Denise
    Andrea McCallin / ABC

And it seems things are getting serious between the two.

"He calls her his girlfriend," adds the source.

News of Kermit's new relationship comes just one day after an Instagram post from actor Liam Hemsworth sparked rumors that Miss Piggy has also found a new love.

"Spent Friday with the most beautiful girl in the world," the Hunger Games star posted along with a photo of himself with Miss Piggy. "Kermit, #SorryNotSorry."

liamhemsworth Verified 1 day ago

Spent Friday with the most beautiful girl in the world. Kermit, #SorryNotSorry. #TheMuppets #misspiggy

As Entertainment Weekly reported, Hemsworth will guest star on The Muppets this fall.

The source confirms Denise will also appear on the docuseries, which premieres Sept. 22 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

The Muppets: Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy: New Girlfriend Photos : People.com
    Last edited by dougie; September 2nd, 2015 at 09:09 AM.
    dowcat likes this.

Denise is more attractive but her style is a little homely. Kermit should take her on a shopping spree a la Kanye.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Wow Kermit has a type. Actually I wonder if Denise is really a pig or is she SWFing Miss Piggy.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

^^ I'd say she was SWFing Lindsay Lohan before she got completely busted.
    dougie likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

What bullshit. Kermit would never move on so quickly.
    llamamama likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    ^^ I'd say she was SWFing Lindsay Lohan before she got completely busted.
    Next up: Lilo suing the Muppets for royalties for using her likeness.
    rollo and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

^ She wishes.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

She upgraded to a Hemsworth, good for her. Let him have his pig.
    I love Muppet's Christmas Carol, it's my favorite version of the Dickens novel. I'll watch it now a little sad, knowing they're not together anymore...

Maybe there will be a pigfight between Denise and Miss Piggy....
    "If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased." - Katharine Hepburn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information