• 2 Post By Bluebonnet
  • 5 Post By witchcurlgirl
  • 1 Post By panic
  • 1 Post By Witchywoman
  • 1 Post By Laurent
  • 1 Post By Heidi Ho

Thread: Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe on Lifetime

Default Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe on Lifetime

It was on last night and Part 2 is on tonight.

I watched last night and enjoyed it. Im not a big fan of hers so I really didn't know much about her life before she became an actress. Susan Sarandon plays her mom and does a great job. Kelli Garner portrays Monroe and as they move towards her famous days I think she does quite well as Monroe. I was surprised to hear her mom had Schizophrenia and Monroe was starting to show serious signs of the disease as well. Oh and Susan's real daughter plays her as the mother as a young adult....interesting.

Has anyone seen this movie?

Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe Lifetime Movie: Surprise, It's Good! - Us Weekly

I watched. Jeffrey Dean Morgan was AWESOME as DiMaggio! She was smart to divorce him since he hit her alot. Yeah, Marilyn was a sad case. Abandoned by her mom, raised in foster homes and orphanages. No father figure around ever, which explains why she was such a slut. Serious abandonment issues and she never got the help she needed. Just given pills and she was a boozehound on top of it. Arthur Miller was an emotionally abusive a-hole, too. Writing that stuff in his journal, then leaving it right where he knew she'd read it. Ugggh.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Dammit, I wanted to watch this, and then forgot it was on. I hope it re-airs. I would re-watch that Lindsay Lohan as Liz Taylor disaster for the lulz if they'd ever air it.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I agree Jeffrey Dean Morgan was awesome and HOT. I also thought that Kelli did a wonderful job as Monroe. She had such a tragic life right from the start. Another surprising thing I had no idea she was so close to Pat Lawford. Also they had some beautiful clothes in the movie.
    Bluebonnet and Heidi Ho like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    Another surprising thing I had no idea she was so close to Pat Lawford.
    I know! I didn't know that either. And Pat tried to warn her to stay away from JFK! I mean, Pat knew her brother better than anybody! Mairlyn was downright delusional about him too.
    Heidi Ho and Witchywoman like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Secret life? Lol. Like there's any part of this woman's life that hasn't been exposed, parsed, analyzed, written about.........
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I'll keep an eye out for it, especially if Sarandon's in it. Sounds interesting.
    Witchywoman likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

It really angered me that she didn't take care of herself while she was pregnant. Arthur Miller claimed she starved the baby with booze and drugs. During this time things were going pretty well for her she was under a doctors care this shouldn't have happened. I do wonder if her mother's claim that Marilyn was barren is true and that's what happened.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

This comes on again tonight, if anyone else was hoping to catch it. It begins at 8/7c and then re-airs again at 10/9c.
    Witchywoman likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Silver Member

We found it listed again tonight and are recording both parts on the DVR (love that thing!) I will admit that I watched the Lindsey Lohan epic Liz and Dick or whatever it was called.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Just watched this. absolutely love it. very high quality for a life time movie.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Thread Information