• 1 Post By Bluebonnet
  • 1 Post By Bluebonnet
  • 2 Post By gas_chick
  • 1 Post By Witchywoman

Thread: Rehab Addict on HGTV

Default Rehab Addict on HGTV

Who watches this?

This chick, Nicole Curtis, is bad-ass.

She restores these old homes and out-works all the men on the show!

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I really liked this show when I first watched it, but I dunno...I'm a little bored with her. I get her desire to restore the houses rather than gut and replace everything (I too have a fondness for the craftmanship and character of older homes that you just don't see anymore) but it seems like she just does the same thing over and over (Is there a bathroom she's done that isn't black and white with the same patterned tile floor?) I also wonder if some of her "refinished" cabinets and floors look all that great in real life. Slapping on a dark stain to hide the damage can't work every time.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I follow her on facebook and she seems like the real deal.

Agreed on the black and white bathrooms, but is that what the style was back then?

My brother and I were just chatting about this over the weekend, because he's a contractor. He's like, "I can appreciate her trying to save things, but she'll spend 4 hours to scrape and clean up a board that I could have replaced in 10 min and cost me $20."
    Bluebonnet and Kittylady like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I love watching the HGTV programs. I use to love her, but after watching so often I realize she toots her horn much too often. They need a narrator to toot her horn so it doesn't seem so egotistical. I agree her bathrooms seem so similar to each other. She can spend 5 hours cleaning the rusted tubs and sinks, she has 20 other people working on these homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    I love watching the HGTV programs.
    Me too. I especially crack up at the whiny home buyers in "House Hunters".

"I don't like the color of the carpet. Waaaah."
    "I don't like the wall paper. Waaah."
    "I don't like the knobs on the cabinets. Waaah"

I have a friend who is a realtor and she said that is EXACTLY how some buyers are.
    Witchywoman likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

LOL those type of buyers are so annoying. I also like the House Hunters International, love to see how foreigners live.

The other show that I like is Love It or List it....that David is a crack up...but when Hilary is done beautifying the inside of the house the outside still looks like crap, a huge flaw in the show. Oh yes and Curb Appeal was great too with the handsome Jonathon.

HGTV use to have so many different shows and now it seems they just play the same 5 shows over and over. I loved Cash and Cary, The HiLo Project, and a few of the designers had their own shows that just don't see anymore.

I like Catch A Contractor.

I miss the show with the hot Canadian guy....what was his name???? I created a thread for him in the "Hot Guys" section last year. Anyway, he helps people restore and create rental property.

Scott McGilvray! That's his name! Anyway, I haven't seen that show lately.
    Witchywoman likes this.

I love this show. I wish I could do half what she does even if it is the same ol same ol sometimes. I love Love it or List it and the Property Brothers.
    Bluebonnet and Witchywoman like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I miss the show with the hot Canadian guy....what was his name???? I created a thread for him in the "Hot Guys" section last year. Anyway, he helps people restore and create rental property.

Scott McGilvray! That's his name! Anyway, I haven't seen that show lately.
    I like Scott too (Income Property). He's on every weekend here (LA). I see that many of the shows are based in Canada.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Thread Information