Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Fox confirms they are in "early talks" for new series of The X-Files

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Default Fox confirms they are in "early talks" for new series of The X-Files

The truth is still out there! Fox wants to reboot The X-Files TV show with original stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson

FBI Special Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully never did get to the bottom of the spooky, supernatural events plaguing the U.S.

Now it looks like the characters, played by David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, are to get another chance in a reboot of The X-Files.
    Fox TV Group chairman Gary Newman today confirmed that the network is in very early talks for a new installment of Chris Carter’s iconic cult drama that ran from 1993 to 2002.

+3
    Mystery seekers: Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny starred as FBI Special Agents Dana Scully and Fox Mulder in the hit Fox series The X-Files that ran from 1993 to 2002. Now Fox TV is planning a reboot

The possibility of a limited series, similar to Fox's 24: Live Another Day, was raised during a Q&A at Fox’s portion of the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena, California, according to Variety.
    'It’s true that we’ve had some conversations on X-Files,' Gary said. 'We’re hopeful of being able to bring that back at some point.'
    Later, fellow Fox TV Group chairman Dana Walden confirmed that a reboot would reunite David, 54, and Gillian, 46, adding they had not had creative discussions about the shape or direction of the possible new series.
    The hit series also spawned two spin-off films, The X-Files in 1998 and and The X-Files: I want To Believe in 2008.
    The busy career of both the stars is more of a problem for the network, according to Entertainment Weekly.
    David, who played Mulder, has an upcoming NBC event series, Aquarius, while Gillian, as Scully, has a recurring role on NBC’s Hannibal and both would have to fulfill those contracts before committing to anything else.
    The actress was hesitant when EW asked about her thoughts on returning to a limited TV series rather than a film.
    'I need to wrap my brain around what that would entail,' she said. 'I live in London. I've got three kids, it's not a small proposition and it would take a lot longer to shoot than a movie would. I need to think about that.'
    Read more: Fox wants to reboot The X-Files with original stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson | Daily Mail Online

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I'm so freaking excited!!!
    Kittylady and Laurent like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Now if they decide to restart Firefly too I may well piss myself with happiness. Or age. Either way I'll end up pretty damp.
    missbazilb and twitchy2.0 like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

Please let it be true!!!

The X-Files Revival Closer Than Ever | Comicbook.com

The X-Files revival is inching ever so closer to an official green light from Fox, according to sources for TV Wise.
    In January, Fox revealed that they have had conversations about bringing back The X-Files. Not much was known at that time, but Fox did say they were planning on bringing back creator Chris Carter and the show's stars David Duchovny and Gillain Anderson. Since then, Duchovny and Anderson have both expressed interest in reprising their roles as Agents Mulder and Scully.
    TV Wise is reporting that Fox is planning to order a shortened season of The X-Files - less than 10 episodes. Which is similar to what the network did with Keifer Sutherland's 24, however, it had 12 episodes. The Daily Mail claims that it will be six episodes, but TV Wise says the number still hasn't be determined at this time.
    TV Wise claims that the revival will clear up unresolved plot lines that the original series and the two films that followed never did. They add, Chris Carter will write the scripts and serve as the executive producer.
    The reason for the short order? One of the main reasons is said to be scheduling.
    The feeling was that it would be easier for the always in demand Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny to schedule a block of time to shoot the revival with a short order. The duo, who were always committed to doing more X-Files, have, sources say, agreed to reprise their roles. It is understood than an offer has also gone out to Mitch Pileggi. Other key cast members will also return.
    The X-Files ran on Fox from 1993-2002 and earned 21 Emmy nominations.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Yes, yes, yes!!!

Now, lets see if we can tempt Mary back to share her amazing insider information.
    Kathie_Moffett and gas_chick like this.

Default Yassssssssssssssss!!!

IT'S OFFICIAL!

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson to Reprise Their Roles in New X-Files Event Series

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson to Reprise Mulder and Scully X-Files Roles

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in The X-Files
    FOX/Everett

By Jacqueline Andriakos
    @jandriakos 03/24/2015 AT 12:35 PM EDT

FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully are back to take on the supernatural.

Thirteen years since the original sci-fi hit wrapped its run, The X-Files is returning to Fox in a new six-episode event series – and David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are set to reprise the cult-favorite characters.

The original series creator, Chris Carter, will helm the reboot of the sci-fi procedural, which will follow the FBI agents in six new science-fiction investigations, Fox Television Group announced Tuesday.

Fans have long awaited the return of the Emmy Award-winning drama. The original show premiered in September 1993 and ran for nine seasons. Duchovny, 54, and Anderson, 46, starred as investigators who solve cases involving paranormal phenomena.

"I think of it as a 13-year commercial break," Carter said in a statement. "The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories."

Production is set to begin in summer 2015.
    David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson to Reprise Mulder and Scully X-Files Roles : People.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

My mom's gonna be happy. She loved this show.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

So excited!!
    Kathie_Moffett and Laurent like this.

I will probably get all verklempt.

Duchovny's Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/0obU-QowPr/

"It's been thirteen years, I hope my suits still fit."
    gas_chick, Honeythorn and Laurent like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

So fucking happy right now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    I will probably get all verklempt.

Duchovny's Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/0obU-QowPr/

"It's been thirteen years, I hope my suits still fit."
    Don't worry David, if it doesn't then I'm fine with you walking about in nothing at all.
    gas_chick likes this.

Oh Kitty that is exactly what I said when I saw it yesterday! Chris don't fuck it up.
    Kittylady likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I think I am going to have to watch this! I loved the XFiles when it first came on, but then my life got crazy and couldn't watch it. I wonder where they will start off at?

I hope he starts by following the comics and bringing the Lone Gunmen back from the dead.
    darksithbunny likes this.

Elite Member

Oh wait, they're going to use the original Mulder and Scully?? OMG, yes!!!
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I hope he starts by following the comics and bringing the Lone Gunmen back from the dead.
    Damn I wish I still had my dvds of the Lone Gunmen series.

They'll probably start off some time after the last film and have Mulder and Scully brought back into the FBI as advisers or something. And I just realised - we won't have to watch for teensy clues in every episode as to whether Sculder is a thing because they already are!!

(Dear Lawd Baby - I'm seriously regressing back to teenagerdom with every new piece of info! )
    gas_chick likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information