Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By dowcat
  • 2 Post By Sassiness
  • 1 Post By greysfang
  • 1 Post By tulip
  • 1 Post By twitchy2.0

Thread: Marvel Announces Phase 3 Film Slate Including New Captain America,Thor: Ragnarok,...

Default Marvel Announces Phase 3 Film Slate Including New Captain America,Thor: Ragnarok,...

Marvel Announces Phase 3 Film Slate Including New 'Captain America,' 'Thor,' 'Avengers'& More!

Marvel had a huge event today (October 28) and announced a slate of new films in their Phase 3 plan of action.
    Among the new movies announced were release dates and new info and titles forCaptain America: Civil War, Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Doctor Strange, and so many more!
    Captain America: Civil Warwill be released on May 6, 2016, newly announced Benedict Cumberbatch‘sDoctor Strange will hit theaters on November 4, 2016, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 will be released on May 6, 2017, Black Panther will be released on November 3, 2017, Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1 will be released on May 4, 2018, Captain Marvel will be released on July 6, 2018, Inhumans will be released on November 2, 2018, and Avengers: Infinity War – Part 2 will be released on May 3, 2019.

Also announced was that Tom Hiddleston will be returning for the third Thor movie!
    Marvel Announces Phase 3 Film Slate Including New ‘Captain America,’ ‘Thor,’ ‘Avengers’& More! | Benedict Cumberbatch, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Pratt, Marvel, Tom Hiddleston : Just Jared
    gas_chick and teforde23 like this.

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

so enormously excited about the news this morning!

1. All those theories about Agents of SHIELD and the (spoiler) freaky alien blood injected into Coulson and Skye, Skye's weirdo dad etc being Inhumans (end spoilers) seem extremely likely now that there is an Inhumans movie announced.

2. CAPTAIN FREAKIN' MARVEL!!!!! Female superhero. Still bummed there's no Black Widow film but supercharged by aliens military strategist legend Carol Danvers??? Pretty damn happy with that!

3. T'Challa!!! Black Panther. So awesome. Cannot wait until we get to Wakanda.

4. Civil War. OK, they can't do it the same as the comics because of licensing issues (TL;dr version: the comics Civil War involves X Men and mutant/superhero registration as well as a pivotal role from Spiderman. Fox holds X Men and Sony has Spidey, so Marvel can't use them in their films) so we can expect something a little different. But what about Bucky?! I want Sam and Steve to find Bucky and bring him home!!! Especially because the climax of the comic's Civil War was (spoiler) the death of Captain America/Steve Rogers at the hands of a brainwashed Sharon Carter, his girlfriend at the time, and then the recently kind of recovered but still mostly unstable Bucky Barnes taking up the Captain America mantle, until his past as the Winter Soldier was made public and he was put on trial for his "war crimes" at the hands of Hydra (end spoiler).... all of which could make for some awesome future films but curious to see if they go down that road...

Also, the lack of Iron Man 4 and the inclusion of RDJ in Cap 3 makes for good continuity. Evidently (from the trailers released so far) Tony Stark has made some more Iron Man suits after blowing everything up in Iron Man 3, but he's still *trying* to retire from the superhero business. Builds more into the Director of SHIELD/SWORD arc that the comics had, which could be very interesting - privatising world peace, as he said in the second IM film.

5. INFINITY FUCKING GAUNTLET!!! Thanos two parter. Also, the trailer for it showed several shots of the Tesseract (from Cap 1 and Avengers 1), the Aether (from Thor 2), the Power Stone (Guardians of the Galaxy 1) and repeatedly showed Loki's staff from the Avengers - proving finally that the latter isn't "powered by the Tesseract" but an Infinity Stone in it's own right. Probably the Mind Stone (Given the way Loki used it).

6. Raganorak = Loki unleashing the Norse Apocalypse YAY more brotherly feuding and chaos!
    teforde23 and tulip like this.

Can't wait for all of this to happen !
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Has anyone been watching the TV spinoff called Agents of SHIELD? My son has been watching this while on Christmas break and I've caught a bit here and there. I'm surprised if no one here is watching it, because it has small bits from actors GR loves, like a small recurring roles by Shepherd Book, Adrian Pasdar from Heroes, J. August Richards from Buffy, etc. I may have to sit down and binge watch.

My son says it isn't the greatest show in the world, but its fun.
    tulip likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm so excited. I get jazzed up when I see those Marvel credits start before a movie.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Has anyone been watching the TV spinoff called Agents of SHIELD? My son has been watching this while on Christmas break and I've caught a bit here and there. I'm surprised if no one here is watching it, because it has small bits from actors GR loves, like a small recurring roles by Shepherd Book, Adrian Pasdar from Heroes, J. August Richards from Buffy, etc. I may have to sit down and binge watch.

My son says it isn't the greatest show in the world, but its fun.
    We watch it. Once they started tying things all together and stopped doing one-off episodes it got really good.
    greysfang likes this.

Maybe I will sit and watch it all then. I loved Agent Coulson in the Avengers.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm in the minority I guess, because I'm just meh about it. I will not give a shit, until the Wonder Woman movie comes out (which is allegedly 2017). I wore the bitch's Underoos religiously as a kid, and now since I can't wear Underoos anymore, I want my damn movie.

I will admit though, that I am totally into the X-Men movies, especially the new ones with James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender. Granted I spend most of the movie, imagining being the filling of a McAvoy/Fassbend manwich, and the rest of the time bitching about Jennifer Lawrence playing Mystique, but that is neither here nor there.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    since I can't wear Underoos anymore.
    Yes, you can. They make them for big kids now.
    Underoos DC Comics Wonder Woman Girls Underwear Set | Hot Topic
    gas_chick likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Yes, you can. They make them for big kids now.
    Underoos DC Comics Wonder Woman Girls Underwear Set | Hot Topic
    YAY! Now I can skip the movie, because it will probably be shit anyways.

X-Men lost me when they started on the First Class crap. Hate it now. I will see Deadpool and wouldn't mind another Wolverine, especially if they find a way to bring back Sabertooth.

Thread Information