Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: DWTS Season 19

Default DWTS Season 19

Did anyone watch this? My thoughts:

Antonio Sabato Jr. isn't all that - they really hyped him up in previews. His first dance was what a normal first dance used to be.
    Lolo Jones SERIOUSLY needs to lighten up, I like the new guy that is her partner and would like to see more of him. Possible first elimination
    Sadie Robertson was so cute, natural ability for never dancing, very good with Mark
    Alfonso Ribero was awesome, high score of the night, he just has it.
    Bethany Mota (still have NO idea who she is) was actually quite good, Derek tends to really work with people's strengths and bring out the best.
    Betsey Johnson - Oh poor thing, what a disaster, it could've been cute. She still did her cartwheel & splits. I felt bad for Tony.... possible first elimination
    Janel Parish did pretty good, love Val he always does good with whatever partner he has.
    Jonathan Bennett - He was so cute and had a touching back story! He'll be around for awhile, he brings alot of positive energy!
    Lea Thompson did wonderful with her Foxtrot.
    Michael Waltrip was ok all things considered, he's Bill Engvall's friend and has the same dancer as Bill did. Good sense of humor.
    Randy Couture was a surprise, who knew he had it in him.
    Tavis Smiley didn't do too bad.
    Tommy Chong was THE SURPRISE of the night! I fricking loved it! He comes in with Cheech! Dances to Drop it Like it's Hot. And he can MOVE for an old stoner. LOVED IT! Sexy in his own way. Peta will have fun with this....

Alfonso has this thing won already. He looked good for gaining weight over the years and not dancing since he was a kid. Natural talent right there!! And did you see Ricky Schroder in the crowd??? Awwww.....he was my first crush as a kid!

I didn't think Sadie was THAT good,...not as good as they scored her. She is cute and did well for not ever dancing, she had good leg/hip movement. But, I am anxious to see how she progresses next week and if Mark can bring her up a notch. What is it with Mark ALWAYS having the young young girls??? He was with Shawn Johnson, Sabrina Bryan, Bristol Palin, Chelsea Kane, Alexandra Raisman and now Sadie Robertson.

And on to LoLo....she is from Iowa,...but that is one unhappy and bitchy young lady. She has such an attitude and is NOT happy for anyone else, and never smiles. She looks miserable in her own skin. I hope she is out tonight!! Such a bitch! And did you all see her hitting on Jonathan Bennett??

Jonathan Bennett seems like a nice guy. He did really well last night, too. He is still a cutie! Loved his eyes bugging out all night...lol

The guy with the cauliflower ears did really good too, I thought,....not sure who he is.

And the blogger girl has promise, too. Don't know her, either. But Derek ALWAYS gets a good partner. Not sure why he always rates. Same with Mark.

Okay...who is the freak show with Tony?? Omg...she is a hot mess. Tony always gets the geriatric or fat women. Maks use to also...lol
    card likes this.

Ok, I watched since The Voice isn't on yet. I guess I'm the only one who didn't know Alfonso was a child star/dancer, only knew him from Fresh Prince. He is the obvious ringer of the season, but the most entertaining of the bunch.

Not familiar with Lolo, but she reminds me of Hope Solo. Maybe worse. She doesn't have the temperament for this show. (my nice way of saying, what a bitch!)

I liked Jonathan and Tommy Chong. I missed Randy and the Duck Dynasty girl. The dances seemed very brief. They seem to have quite a few younger girls this season, they are all blurring together at this point.
    card likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Lolo will make this interesting. She's so serious....kept saying I can do the cha cha walk and continues to do,it poorly. Some athletes have no rhythm. Honestly not liking having a fourth judge and Juliann looked awful. HATE Erin and thought she wasn't coming back. It's disappointing that we are losing more and more pros each season. I disagreed with most of the scores. A score of nine is nearly perfect. No one was that good. Alfonso is definitely this season's ringer and will carry the show but hell keep the nines for later in the season. Loved Chong! Agree with most of what was said above.
    card likes this.

Elite Member

I'm pretty much right there with all of you too. I was pleasantly surprised by the show last night. I didn't like Lolo and am glad she's gone. Betsey, well, bless her heart. So surprised at how cute, spunky and likable the Duck Dynasty girl is. She was adorable. Lea Thompson has to calm down the cougar stuff. She was a little over the top for me, but she dances well. Tommy Chong was a hoot and a half. Loved him and Peta is perfect for him. The fighter guy is graceful and charming. Alfonso was amazing. Jonathan was fun. Allison Holker (not sure if that's how you spell it), the new female pro, is wonderful. She's not a ballroom dancer originally. She really stands out IMO. The women watching the others dance need to watch their resting bitch faces. Remember the camera ladies!
    card likes this.

why do they call this 19th season? i thought a season was a year of shows. do they do two shows a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    why do they call this 19th season? i thought a season was a year of shows. do they do two shows a year?
    Yeah, they do one season in the spring and one in the fall.

This season is one of the more dismal I can remember. I know every season people side-eye the star quality of the celebs, but this years is particularly Z list. A You Tube "star"? Some guy that was in one Lindsay Lohan movie back in 2004? Yikes. Plus, the bar was extremely low on premiere night with the dancing. Alfonso can go ahead and have his name engraved on the mirrorball trophy.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

^ Yes, the show actually debuted in the summer of 2005, I think it was a summer replacement kind of deal with only 6 "stars" (anyone remember the "dance off" because people weren't happy with Kelly Monoco's win?) Then they brought it back in 2006 with a bigger cast and it's been 2 seasons a year ever since.

Re last night's show, glad they sent the right person home. Girl is just too serious, zero personality, which might serve her well in her sport but not on a show like this. I would much rather see Betsey dance again. Not that I expect her to last much longer, but at least she seems to want to be there.
    card likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Glad LoLo is gone!! She needs some work on her personality and general interactions with other human beings. She seems very unhappy and defensive and angry.

Did anyone see Betsey slide down Tony's leg when they were told that they were in jeopardy??? OMG!!! lol She slimed down his body to his crotch, and Tony was laughing and all embarrassed, trying to drag her up off of him!! She rubbed her face all up in there. God, I about died, laughing!!!
    card likes this.

Betsey is hilarious!! And she is like 72 years old. She is definitely more fun to watch than Lolo. SO glad Lolo went home, she definitely needs to work on her personality. Geez, lighten up Francis!

Oh tulip, I agree, these girls need to realize that the camera can pan to them at any given moment so they better not have the scowls on their faces.

Did anyone see Derek Hough's audition tape they showed last night? So funny! Made me like him more, his reaction to the tape, he was laughing, he seems to have a good sense of humor.

Did they show all of the pros original interviews? I just saw Derek's,...but I was in and out of my livingroom.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Did they show all of the pros original interviews? I just saw Derek's,...but I was in and out of my livingroom.
    No, just Derek's. There was some kind of twitter thing where you could choose a hashtag of which dancer's audition tape you want to see, and Derek was the winner. I don't know who all the choices were, it wasn't everyone. Hope they will do that every week for the pros, especially the long-term dancers that are on the show (Karina, Mark, Cheryl, Chmerkovsky Bros)

Who is the new guy? He is cute. The one with Lea...the back to the future gal.

So they had voting on whose video to show before the show even started? Heck...how would people even know about it to vote, prior to the show airing?

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Who is the new guy? He is cute. The one with Lea...the back to the future gal.
    Artem Chigvintsev. I think he's pretty hot, too, and he was in the troupe on DWTS last season. He also won the British version of this show - Strictly Come Dancing.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

^^Wasn't Artem in a relationship with Carrie Ann Inaba for a while, or is it another dancer I'm thinking of?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information