Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree498Likes

Thread: Streaming services (Netflix, Prime, Hulu): What to watch

Default Streaming services (Netflix, Prime, Hulu): What to watch

I thought I'd start this thread to see if we could get together and tell each other about the best things to watch on Netflix. I haven't watched real TV in years and quite honestly, the only reason I still even have cable is for the NFL. After I finish up OITNB, I'm going to re-watch Arrested Development and then I really don't have too much left that I know I want to see. So please feel free to give reviews of what you've liked.

Orange is the New Black: I really like this show. Dramedy basically about a WASP/yuppie who gets sent to prison for crimes committed when she was college-aged. It's really strong on how people relate to each other, but it is not for everyone. There is a bit much of nudity and sexual situations, which are pretty graphically simulated, i.e. Chalet, don't go there. Series

Lunopolis: Again, this may not be for everyone. Its a movie shown in a "found-footage" style kinda like the Blair Witch Project. It is mainly about moon conspiracy theories. The two guys starring in it (maybe unknowns) are really riveting as fairly normal conspiracy nuts who get caught up in turmoil they had no idea about and that could get them killed. Movie

Luther: This is not for everyone and it's really not for me, however, it is an incredibly well-acted show about a rather dark policeman in the UK. The crimes are a bit on the shocking side and its all just soooo tense all the time. Idris Elba gives a fucking masterclass in tension. Tom Hanks' wife is really good as well. I have not finished this show, and may never finish this show just because its too stressful. I'm big on stress reduction these days. Series

Edie and Thea - A Very Long Engagement: A documentary about the love story of two women, one of whom filed a lawsuit and became one of the main faces in the fight for gay marriage. I can't explain too much more without revealing everything. Documentary

Legit:A sitcom about Australian comedian Jim Jefferies. If you like his comedy, you will like the show. If you find him to be too crass, you will hate it. The show is basically the real life (embellished I'm sure) stories he tells in his stand-up act. It also stars DJ Qualls, whom I adore. Series

Haven: This show is still on TV and is already getting a little tired after season three. I watched Season 4, which I did not like much, and I think Season 5 is on TV right now. It starts off wonderfully and is a show about a town with a population full of people with various paranormal gifts that can be dangerous or deadly and how the three main characters help. Honestly, the "deathly gift of the week" is getting hard to maintain and the only thing that keeps me watching is the relationships between the three main characters. Also, Eric Balfour is hot as fuck. ​Series

I'll post more when I think of other things to watch.
    Last edited by greysfang; September 12th, 2014 at 05:52 PM.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

We just started watching House MD...8 seasons with 24 episodes per will hold us for awhile.

This is last year we watched on Netflix:
    The Killing
    Battlestar Galactica
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

I used to be obsessed with The Killing when it was AMC. I had no idea what happened to it. I liked Legit too.

Hells yes, great idea for a thread. My mom watches Netlix like it's crack and goes through whole shows like nobody's business on there. I'm working through Midsomer Murders on Netflix right now and I'm having Sgt. Troy withdrawals. My mom is big into Haven, Continuum, and especially Leverage right now. She's already gone through Warehouse 13 and Eureka!. I'm working on both of those two as well, but I haven't been able to pry myself away from Midsomer in at least several weeks.
    sprynkles and teforde23 like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

OS! I haven't seen you in a coon's age.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Too much Netflix.
    msdeb likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

BTW, I watched all 5 or 6 seasons of Eureka earlier this year and got mad at myself that I hadn't watched while it was on TV. Such a great little show.

I watched The Killing as well and still don't know what kind of review to give about it. I can't say that I loved it, but it was a "can't stop watching" thing, so I guess that makes it a good show. The 1st season was the only one I really liked, the rest are just okay.

A*O

I recommend a little gem called Derek. It's Ricky Gervais being different and I think it's very good. Touching, funny, sad, challenging, unexpected, gentle, shocking, brilliant.
    card, Fly_On_TheWall and lulu09 like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I hate you all. Seriously. We don't have Netflix or anything close and it's doubtful we ever will, at least with the same range and at an affordable price. Our population is just too small to justify it, so when we eventually get something similar it will be too expensive.

One of my friends lived in the US for years and has a US iTunes account so she's able to access Netflix and is thinking of cancelling her normal pay TV (Foxtel in Oz) because she never watches it, and it's also super expensive.

So enjoy all your easily accessed quality programs from the new golden age of television, bitches. I guess the upside is I only spend 3-5 hours a day watching TV instead of 10, so my arse isn't getting as fat. Yay.
    greysfang likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I hate you all. Seriously. We don't have Netflix or anything close and it's doubtful we ever will, at least with the same range and at an affordable price. Our population is just too small to justify it, so when we eventually get something similar it will be too expensive.

One of my friends lived in the US for years and has a US iTunes account so she's able to access Netflix and is thinking of cancelling her normal pay TV (Foxtel in Oz) because she never watches it, and it's also super expensive.

So enjoy all your easily accessed quality programs from the new golden age of television, bitches. I guess the upside is I only spend 3-5 hours a day watching TV instead of 10, so my arse isn't getting as fat. Yay.

That's too bad because ALL seasons of both Buffy and Angel stream on Netflix.

A*O

My Canadian Uni Student son (sob) is basking in Netflix now he's there. He says we can get it here if we know how whatever that means. I will ask him and share.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Yes, Eureka! I forgot about that, that is an awesome show. We might try warehouse 13 again. We watched the first couple episodes and I just couldn't get into it.

Chuck is another good show.

I just added Midsomer Murders, and Leverage to my list.

Bridegroom
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

The first season of Blacklist has been added to Netflix! I heard it was really good and have been waiting for it.
    KrisNine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    That's too bad because ALL seasons of both Buffy and Angel stream on Netflix.
    i have them all on DVD, and they're always on loop on foxtel anyway. I just have to wait a whole day between episodes.

but there are a heap of shows I've missed that I would love to spend a wet weekend catching up on.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information