Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Outlander

Bronze Member

Default Outlander

Outlander, new show on Starz. It is based on a series of 8 books by author Diana Gabaldon. The first episode was released this week online.
    This series have a very strong fan base and now that it is produced by Ron Moore and showing on Starz it may blow up very big, ala Game of Thrones.
    As a fan of the books, I have largely anticipated and loved the first episode. If you are new to the books, you may think the first episode is not very fast paced or care enough about the characters to tune in and stay with the series.
    IMO, it is a very good adaptation of a well loved book series and the fans of the book have waited a very long time to see it on ANY screen, so they (the fans of the books) will keep it, on screen, for a few seasons, at least.
    Did anybody else watch the first episode yet?
    I Drunk Post and I rarely come back to defend myself.

I've series linked this. I only heard about it because it's being heavily promoted on TV here and looks intriguing. Then I discovered the author is good friends with GRR Martin and Edmure Tully stars in it, so I can't wait! I love stories about time travel but I doubt this will be like Bill & Ted.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I only read the first book and loved it. Will try to view it on demand this week!

Watched last night and loved it. They are doing a beautiful job with the story and the characters...this is going to be a good series!

I got into these books this past year and really liked them. I've seen the first 2 episodes and thought they did a good job. The guy playing Jamie is pretty hot, especially with that Scottish accent.

I've watched the first two episodes... and yes, Jamie is yummmm and I'm not sure how much is his looks and how much is that fucking accent!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

The accent does it for me. Yes, he's pretty good looking. But, then he talks and it's all over.

I have to watch this past Saturdays episode yet...but I am so impressed by everything so far. The casting, the location, how they are really staying with the storyline...and my oh my...Jamie is one sweet dish isn't he?

Am absolutely loving this show, I'm obsessed. If Claire and Jamie don't do the deed I'll be mighty pissed off (no spoilers please!) I've downloaded the first book and now I'm peeved that life is intruding on my reading. Damn you work/sleep/social obligations! Although I will have to take time out from my reading to watch the latest episode tonight.

My on demand menu is not showing an episode 6??? The last episode I have is 5 titled "Rent". Does anyone know if ep 6 aired?

I saw an episode last night which is the one after Rent I think (if that was the one where they rode around collecting, what's it called? Yeah, rent). I don't know the episode title and I'm in Oz but if anything we get shows later than the rest of the world because of the time difference so I'm sure it's aired everywhere else.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Bronze Member

The latest episode, #6, aired last Saturday. My OnDemand has not posted several, latest episodes of various programs. Maybe they are just lagging behind?
    I thought #6 was kind of a bummer, with too much dialogue, but other fans in the Outlander community LOVED it and thought it spot on.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

I enjoyed it but the scene with Black Jack went on too long. And I like the entertaining Scottish characters much more than the boring Redcoats, and there wasn't enough Jamie.

Yay I checked this morning and I see episode 6 is finally there! I may be able to view today! Ah hits the little things that make me happy.

Faithanne, I only read the first book...the first time I read it was YEARS ago and it stuck wit me. It just takes you on a journey. I will definitely read more of the books now.

When I get home today (I get off in an hour and a half YAY), I'm SO piling up in my bed and watching everything I've recorded this week - including Outlander. It's so rainy and miserable, it'll be perfect!!!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information