Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory Stars Refuse to Film Unless They Get $1 M per Ep

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Big Bang Theory Stars Refuse to Film Unless They Get $1 M per Ep

Today in mo' money mo' problems, production on the hit CBS show The Big Bang Theory has halted over salary negotiations: The stars want MILLIONS.

From the Hollywood Reporter:

Stars Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar have not yet reached a new deal with studio Warner Bros. Television, The Hollywood Reporter has learned, with the cast officially not returning to work on season eight.
    […]

Emmy winner Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco are negotiating together and seeking big salary increases. Sources told THR in September that the trio, who currently earn $325,000 per episode, are seeking up to $1 million per half-hour with a cut of the show's backend.

One million dollars per half hour. It's true that BBT is TV's number one comedy. But season 5, season 6 and season 8 each contained 24 episodes. Three stars want a million each. Any way you slice it, that is a lot of money.

Writing for The Telegraph, Alice Vincent points out that in 2002, the cast of juggernaut sitcomFriends asked for a million per episode — and got it. Are Big Bang Theory and Friends on the same level?

Big Bang Theory Stars Refuse to Film Unless They Get $1 M per Ep
    dowcat likes this.

The show jumped the shark a long time ago. I think it's high time it ended. The recent episodes I've seen are so bad, the laugh track is pathetic.

I've never watched more than 5 minutes of this show but if it's that popular I don't have a problem with the stars making this much money. Somebody is obviously making bank, why should it be the execs and not the talent?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

^^^^
    that's true. even though i fucking hate that show. especially cuoco.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Community was a much better geek show. I'm bummed that it was cancelled.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

i like it. even though they are money hungry, i still watch.
    *DIVA! likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    that's true. even though i fucking hate that show. especially cuoco.
    Wait, I could have sworn that you were one of the people on this board telling me to watch it a couple of years ago when I asked what it was all about. Whoever it was, I did start watching it and I love the show except they need to cool their jets with the laugh track. I think I've seen every episode by now and haven't gotten sick of it but then I haven't been watching since the beginning.

Isn't it weird how you can watch a show for years and just LOVE it but then one day, you're like 'meh' and don't feel like turning it on anymore, and there's no real discernible reason?

Anyway, give 'em the million.
    Butterfly and sprynkles like this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I watch the show, I hate every character except for Sheldon. I enjoy when he trashes Leonard, Penny and Rajesh.
    Pay them.

chartreuse, 'Community' saved! Yahoo orders sixth season | Inside TV | EW.com
    Beeyotch likes this.

I love this show, and I think they should get paid what they are asking for.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

The show was brilliant the first three seasons, and has steadily declined since. However, even the current rather crappy episodes are still better than a lot of the other programming out there.

I'm torn about the million-dollar thing. I have to admit that if I were in their position, I'd want to strike while the iron was hot and get all I could - very probably, none of them will have this kind of opportunity again in their careers.

However, srsly? Is what they do worth a million dollars? They make a $325,00 an episode now. I can't imagine what I'd do with $325,000 a year, much less an episode. Hell, $30,000 a year would be a game-changer for me, as it would be for many, many people.

I know that the fact that wealth distribution is unfair isn't exactly the point of the conversation here, but it does make you think.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

I have only watched in reruns but I laugh every time. This worked for Friends so why the hell not.
    card and JazzyGirl like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Who watched the season premiere last night? I'm going to miss Penny working at The Cheesecake Factory!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I guess they had to upgrade her job but still her taking Sheldon's order or giving him liquor were some of the funniest episodes
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

The show was so much better before they brought in all the broads. I hate Bernadette with a passion. Kill her. Yes I watched. I love the show and will always watch it when it's on. There really aren't any other good sitcoms out there.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I have only watched in reruns but I laugh every time. This worked for Friends so why the hell not.

Yeah, the cast of Friends pulled this stunt over 10 years ago, and their glory days were behind them also at that point, but it worked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information