Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By SillyME54
  • 1 Post By card
  • 1 Post By yanna
  • 1 Post By *Kat*
  • 2 Post By SillyME54

Thread: "Derek" on Netflix with Ricky Gervais

Default "Derek" on Netflix with Ricky Gervais

Has anyone seen this show yet? There are 13 episodes. My daughter got me going on it. Quite heart-warming at times, and thought provoking.

I haven't watched it yet and am still on the fence about if I will or not. There's something about him playing the special person with a heart of gold that we should be learning from very patronizing.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

I love this show. It makes me laugh, it makes me cry...I think it's a beautiful show. And I know the main character, derek, appears to be special needs but Gervais has said that he is not. But I don't think it really matters. The show is just about him being a good, kind person.
    card likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyME54 View Post
    I love this show. It makes me laugh, it makes me cry...I think it's a beautiful show. And I know the main character, derek, appears to be special needs but Gervais has said that he is not. But I don't think it really matters. The show is just about him being a good, kind person.
    Derek almost reminds me of a British version of Forrest Gump, very good-hearted, always seeing the good in people. Yep, I've laughed and cried as well.
    SillyME54 likes this.

I like this show. Sometimes it's just too depressing and enraging (the episode with the old lady's fat daughter who only cared about getting her ring comes to mind) but I'd say it's a good show. Not hugely funny like The Office and Extras but it's interesting. Gervais' performance is very good and I also really like Karl Pilkington and his insane hairdo in the show.
    card likes this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

I probably should give this show a chance. I could hardly make it through the first episode before I gave up which is weird because I love anything Ricky Gervais does.
    SillyME54 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by *Kat* View Post
    I probably should give this show a chance. I could hardly make it through the first episode before I gave up which is weird because I love anything Ricky Gervais does.
    It took me a few episodes to really appreciate it, and I love ricky Gervais too. I think bc it's different than anything else he's done. I thought it was kind of corny at first but everyone on the show just really grows on you. It really is a sweet show. Very heartwarming.
    *Kat* and card like this.

Thread Information