Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: The Bachelorette - Andi's Season

Default The Bachelorette - Andi's Season

Anyone else watching? Thoughts?

My early favorites are Eric (the one who died), Chris, Marcus, and Nick V. Nick V seems sweet, but I wonder if he's a little too "down home" for her. She seems to like the kind of flashy, 'movie star hot' guys the best. I think she'll pick Josh. The cynic in me suspects that she either already knew him or already knew of him prior to filming, had him cast as a ringer, and is just going through the motions with the other guys.

I do think this will be an improvement on Des's season, where two of her final four were so obviously gay I felt like I was watching "Burning Love."

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Anyone else watching? Thoughts?

My early favorites are Eric (the one who died), Chris, Marcus, and Nick V. Nick V seems sweet, but I wonder if he's a little too "down home" for her. She seems to like the kind of flashy, 'movie star hot' guys the best. I think she'll pick Josh. The cynic in me suspects that she either already knew him or already knew of him prior to filming, had him cast as a ringer, and is just going through the motions with the other guys.

I do think this will be an improvement on Des's season, where two of her final four were so obviously gay I felt like I was watching "Burning Love."
    I knew reality TV was scraping the bottom of the barrel, but casting a dead dude is too much!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

I watched most of the show last night. Just figured out that Chris is a farmer from here in Iowa. That is pretty wild..lol. He seemed nice.

So which one is Eric? The guy she went to the beach with and had the helicopter ride? I don't get the "died" comment....must have missed that, or will he end up dying while on the show?

Elite Member

Eric died in a paragliding accident after he filmed the show. Listening to him talk about wanting to do all the dangerous stuff before he got married and had kids made me really sad. I really liked him.

I like the farmer and Marcus. Agree Josh will go far if not win the whole thing.

Glad she sent Craig packing. I don't like Tasso -- he irritates me. Reminds me of another contestant a few years ago. Marquel (sp?) had a truly ugly tie-shirt combination going on at the rose ceremony.

So the guy she went on the first date with died during filming?!?!? Whoa!!! How far in? Or was it after the show ended? I take it he wasn't the one she ends up picking. I sure in the hell wouldn't want my son showed on the show if he had died before it aired. That is fucking creepy as hell and even worse when he was talking about almost dying in Syria, too. Fuck!! Obviously he didn't give up doing the dangerous stuff if he died in a paragliding accident. Man,...that is really bothering me now. I liked him, too. Nice looking guy and seemed very sweet, with a great and fun personality and spirit. Maybe it was a good thing he waited to marry and have children.....

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    So the guy she went on the first date with died during filming?!?!? Whoa!!! How far in? Or was it after the show ended? I take it he wasn't the one she ends up picking. I sure in the hell wouldn't want my son showed on the show if he had died before it aired. That is fucking creepy as hell and even worse when he was talking about almost dying in Syria, too. Fuck!! Obviously he didn't give up doing the dangerous stuff if he died in a paragliding accident. Man,...that is really bothering me now. I liked him, too. Nice looking guy and seemed very sweet, with a great and fun personality and spirit. Maybe it was a good thing he waited to marry and have children.....
    Eric died after he already finished filming and returned home, so the accident was not related to the show.

Yea,...I read about it and he died at the end of April. I am not sure as his parent that I would want to see that so soon.
    Last edited by JadeStar70; May 28th, 2014 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Eric died after he already finished filming and returned home, so the accident was not related to the show.
    Oh man...I thought it was just a typo of the OP and shoulda read something like "the one who's mom died" or something. Feel kinda bad for being snarky right now.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    Oh man...I thought it was just a typo of the OP and shoulda read something like "the one who's mom died" or something. Feel kinda bad for being snarky right now.
    No worries!

I love Chris the farmer, he is so darned cute and sweet. If he makes final four but she doesn't pick him (which I doubt she will) I'll bet he is the next Bachelor.

It's so sad watching Eric, he was our (me & my daughter's) early favorite had he not died. Seriously, he survived a Syrian war zone then dies in a paragliding accident.

Eric did seem like a sweetheart of a guy and he was nice looking with great features. It is sad.

From what I hear around here in Iowa, Chris is no small town farmer. He has a big operation with his family. Lots of old money, land, livestock, ect. We are talking millionaire at the least. Not all farmers here are in that leauge. I don't think he will win either, but it will take a small town girl at heart to settle in Iowa and become a farm wife.
    card likes this.

That Andrew seems like a player that is just there for the fame and attention. I like how he was trying to lie out of it.

Looks like some more fireworks happening tonight. Not sure what is going down from the previews....lol

Hmmm, now we see how Eric leaves.

BTW JadeStar, thanks for the info about Chris the farmer. He is just such a cutie. Always love to hear the local talk about these guys.

I missed the show last night. So Eric left? How did that all go down? And who was Andie fighting with?

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I missed the show last night. So Eric left? How did that all go down? And who was Andie fighting with?
    I missed it as well (trying to get moved out of our house is taking 99% of my time these days), but apparently Eric confronted Andi about how she's "fake" and pretends to be one way with some people and another way with others. It's been obvious to me since last season that Andi is manipulative and will tailor her personality to whatever she thinks is most beneficial in that particular moment, so I'm glad that other people noticed that and actually called her out on it. But when Eric called her out, she went berserk. Eric was sent home in a cab and she cancelled the cocktail party.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information