Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Star Wars Episode VII

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Star Wars Episode VII

Star Wars VII cast confirmed as Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill return | Mail Online

Star Wars cast confirmed as Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill return... and will be joined by newcomers Adam Driver, John Boyega and Daisy Ridley

• The cast of Star Wars VII was announced on Tuesday by Disney and Lucasfilm on the movie's official web site
    • Star Wars vets Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill will all reprise their roles in the film due out in 2015
    • Adam Driver, John Boyega and Daisy Ridley are joining more seasoned actors Andy Serkis and Max von Sydow
    • Ridley tweeted, 'Overwhelmed by all the support. This is the greatest day of my life... it's exciting!'

By Heidi Parker
    Published: 12:58 EST, 29 April 2014 | Updated: 08:48 EST, 30 April 2014

After months of speculation, the cast of Star Wars VII has finally been announced.
    On Tuesday Disney and Lucasfilm confirmed on the official Star Wars website that Girls star Adam Driver would take a part in the relaunched film as well as newcomers John Boyega and Daisy Ridley. Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson and Max von Sydow were also listed as cast members.
    It was also confirmed that stars of the original trilogy - Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker - would also be in the film, which will be directed by JJ Abrams and released in 2015.
    Scroll down for video...

+27

Confirmed: JJ Abrams, (15) at the cast read-through of Star Wars Episode VII at Pinewood Studios with (clockwise from right) Harrison Ford (1), Daisy Ridley (2), Carrie Fisher (3), Peter Mayhew (4), Producer Bryan Burk (5), Lucasfilm President and Producer Kathleen Kennedy (6), Domhnall Gleeson (7), Anthony Daniels (8), Mark Hamill (9), Andy Serkis (10), Oscar Isaac (11), John Boyega (12), Adam Driver (13) and Writer Lawrence Kasdan (14)

A black-and-white photo of the cast and crew was accompanied by the announcement.
    Casting for the new film, which will be the first installment since Disney took over the franchise from George Lucas, has been so secretive it has been compared to the plans for the Death Star.
    It was first claimed by The Hollywood Reporter that Driver would play a villain in the film. In recent weeks it was speculated that Boyega (best known for Attack of the Block), and Isaac (who stood out in Inside Llewyn Davis) could be contenders.

+27

+27

+27

They're back for more: Harrison Ford (left), Carrie Fisher (center) and Mark Hamill (right) from the original Star Wars films are returning

+27

It was a blockbuster: The original cast members in 1977's Star Wars

+27

+27

She became a pinup thanks to the franchise: Carrie as Princess Leia in the 1983 film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return Of The Jedi (left) and with Mark, who played Luke Skywalker, in the first Star Wars movie (right)

Ever since the film was announced in November, it has been reported that many of the original cast members would make cameos.
    It wasn't until Tuesday that it was finally confirmed that Harrison, aged 71, Mark, aged 62, and Carrie, aged 57, would definitely be back.
    It was reported in March that Peter, aged 69, would reprise his role as Chewbacca.
    The movie will hit theaters on December 18, 2015.
    In March, Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger said the new project would begin filming in May and will be set 30 years after the events in 1983's Return of the Jedi.

+27

+27

+27

The new faces: Girls star Adam Driver (left), British TV actress Daisy Ridley, (center) and John Boyega from Brit film Attack The Block and the forthcoming 24: Live Another Day, (right) are joining the veterans for the relaunch

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAR WARS: EPISODE VII CAST

The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, 'We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud.'

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer.

+27

+27

Rounding out the cast: Oscar Isaac (left) and Domhnall Gleeson (right) will take on smaller roles for the movie that starts shooting in May

+27

+27

Headed to London: Andy Serkis (left) and Max von Sydow (right) will reportedly film their scenes at Pinewood Studios

+27

+27

+27

More vets back for fun: Peter Mayhew, who plays Chewbacca (left), Kenny Baker, the man in the R2D2 unit (center), and Anthony Daniels, who made C3PO a hit (right), have signed on as well

+27

The stayed close: The main cast members in the 1983 film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return Of The Jedi

+27

+27

+27

The people behind the scenes: Director JJ Abrams (left), Lucasfilm producer Kathleen Kennedy (center) and producer Bryan Burke (right)

+27

Shooting in a place far, far away: Alec Guinness and Mark Hamill in the original Star Wars with R2D2 and C3PO; the new film will reportedly shoot in Abu Dhabi

+27

+27

Central to the plot: According to Deadline, Ford's Han Solo (left) will have a big impact on Abrams' version of Star Wars as will Hamill's Skywalker (right)

+27

The 'walking carpet' is back too: The cast of the 1977 film with Chewbacca, played by Peter Mayhew

oscar isaac and adam driver? yes, please.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I had an honest to goodness "Squee" moment when I saw this yesterday. I swear I hope they don't fuck it up. Episodes I-III are a damn travesty.
    gas_chick and clairescavys like this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I had an honest to goodness "Squee" moment when I saw this yesterday. I swear I hope they don't fuck it up. Episodes I-III are a damn travesty.
    I have never watched I-III, but I have watched IV-VI at least 20 times a piece.

"Star Wars: The Hospice Years".
    twitchy2.0 and greysfang like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Brookie get that negativity right outta here!!!

I'm so pumped. I'm hoping JJ can manage to do what George Lucas couldn't.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

oh, i have no doubt this will suck just as badly as I-III did. george lucas has a wonderful imagination but he can't write dialogue to save his fucking life and it's only getting worse with age. i think it's a fluke that IV-VI were so amazing (though i have my reservations about return of the jedi - fucking ewoks).
    but, at least there will be hot men.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

JJ has done some amazing things with the Star Trek reboots IMO so I have hope.
    darksithbunny likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

What, no Jar-Jar?
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

^^^^
    shhhhh don't give them any ideas.

I've felt so betrayed by episodes I-III, I guess nothing will be worse than that … I even have hope that this will be good.
    Otherwise this time I'm definitely killing people for pissing all over my childhood
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Jar Jar wasn't anywhere close to the travesty Hayden C was.
    gas_chick and twitchy2.0 like this.

Or Natalie Portman for that matter.

Lupita Nyong'o and Gwendoline Christie added to Star Wars Episode VII cast | Mail Online

Star Wars casts Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o and Game Of Thrones' Gwendoline Christie in new Episode VII film
    By Hanna Flint and Eleanor Gower
    Published: 11:24 EST, 2 June 2014 | Updated: 15:04 EST, 2 June 2014

Lupita Nyong'o and Game Of Thrones star Gwendoline Christie are the latest cast additions for the new Star Wars film.

Oscar winning Lupita - who won the Best Supporting Actress gong for her role in Steve McQueen's 12 Years A Slave - will join other Star Wars newbies John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow in the latest instalment of the sci-fi franchise directed by J.J. Abrams.

'I can finally say it loud and proud,' Lupita wrote via Instagram alongside a snapshot of the Star Wars logo on Monday. 'I'm going to a galaxy far far away.'

Addition: Oscar winning star Lupita Nyong'o and Game Of Thrones actress Gwendoline Christie will join the cast of the new Star Wars

Loud and proud! Lupita shared an Instagram snapshot with her fans on Monday

Read more: Lupita Nyong'o and Gwendoline Christie added to Star Wars Episode VII cast | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Official Teaser Trailer #1 (2015) - J.J. Abrams Movie HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

MOVIECLIPS Trailers

Published on Nov 28, 2014
    gas_chick likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information