Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: How I Met Your Mother - series finale

Default How I Met Your Mother - series finale

Did anyone else watch? I love the way they wrapped it all up.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I loved how it ended. Ted and Robin were meant to be together. Barny found the love of his life with his daughter. That scene where he promised her his everything made me cry. One of the best TV Finales ever.

OMG! I actually teared up. It just ended here. I am so surprised and happy with that finale!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

LOL - I got emotional too. It was the perfect ending and handled so well for each character.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Will someone please spoil it for me?
    BelledeJour likes this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

I read a lot of negative comments about the finale because most of them didn't want to have Ted and Robin together.
    I don't know (I just watched it and am way too emotional right now to even think straight), everything happened a bit fast in that finale but it was nice and it all makes sense. Maybe I would have prefered the show to end after the scene when he meets her at the train station.

I like that they still found a way for Ted and Robin to be together, despite Robin not being the mother.
    *DIVA!, BelledeJour and sluce like this.

I loved it and had made bets with my Aunt about Barney and Robin. I won. A few people kept saying.. Put the whole series run.. Have you ever seen the mom and there you have it!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I hated Ted and Robin together so I'm glad I've been warned. I won't bother watching the finale.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

It was just ok. I'm just glad Ted didn't go off and become a lumberjack.
    Bombshell likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I hated Ted and Robin together so I'm glad I've been warned. I won't bother watching the finale.

Well, Ted and Robin only get the last two minutes together...so you can still watch it.

Robin's hair got really worse with the time though.
    Last edited by BelledeJour; April 1st, 2014 at 09:05 AM.

fgg

i got all watery-eyed too. i liked the way it wrapped up and felt so sad for ted that he looked for his wife for so long and ended up only having her in his life for about 10 years.
    BelledeJour likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

fgg

How I Met Your Mother's Kids: We Filmed the Finale 9 Years Ago!

After nine sidesplitting seasons, CBS's How I Met Your Mother will be ending Monday, but it turns out that parts of the finale actually went before the cameras a very long time ago – in 2005, to be exact!

"We shot this last little section nine years ago," actress Lyndsy Fonseca tells PEOPLE. "It was so long ago, I don't really remember what I said."

Although Fonseca has appeared throughout the series in flash-forwards as the daughter of the titular Mother, all of her scenes were shot during the CBS sitcom's first season – the only way to ensure her on-screen brother, David Henrie, looked the same age for the entire series (despite the fact that he was going through puberty at the time).

"David was growing so fast. He grew like four shoe sizes and his voice dropped, so it was very apparent," says Fonseca, 27, who filmed improvised scenes and generic reaction shots with Henrie that could be used for any occasion throughout the course of the series.

"When we started, I wasn't even old enough to drive," adds Henrie, 24. "Now, I just bought my first house. I come home … and my cousins are watching the show. It is always a funny feeling. They always say, 'Baby David is on TV!' "

While Fonseca and Henrie have been frozen in time for almost a decade on How I Met Your Mother, the two actors also have been thriving as they have matured.

Fonseca – who had been a regular on Young and the Restless before HIMYM – booked arcs on Big Love and Desperate Housewives before starring of The CW's Nikita.

Henrie, meanwhile, became most known for playing Selena Gomez's brother on the hit Disney series Wizards of Waverly Place and is about to begin filming Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2.

"I still get recognized a lot from HIMYM," says Fonseca, who recently completed the new independent dramedy Moments of Clarity. "It is kind of funny because I don't feel like it is my show, but I'm really proud of to have been a part of it."

As for the finale, Henrie plans on watching with his cousins, while Fonseca has been happy to remain in the dark about how the series will end.

"I was just in the editing room doing some [voiceover] for one little line, and I purposefully didn't want to see the whole clip of what happened," she says. "I wanted to save it to see it like everybody else."

'How I Met Your Mother' Finale Shot with Kids 9 Years Ago : People.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elite Member

I hated it. It was so badly paced and spent way too much time on some things and not enough on others.

I never particularly liked Robin/Ted, but if they had written this season and the finale properly, I could have learned to.

The writing was horrible - they did so many convoluted things just so they could get to that 'payoff' moment when we find out that the story is really all about Robin and Ted getting together - which meant that they didn't really show us anything about their relationship in the years since Ted and the mom got married and after she died.

It was just awful.
    laynes likes this.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

I love the strong, but mixed reactions.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information