Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gas_chick
  • 1 Post By Mel1973

Thread: Lifetime has 3 more V.C. Andrews adaptations in the works, including My Sweet Audrina

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Lifetime has 3 more V.C. Andrews adaptations in the works, including My Sweet Audrina

Looking to capitalize on the success of its adaptation of the incest classic Flowers in the Attic, Lifetime is investing in the V.C. Andrews backlist.
    The cable channel has already announced that it’s moving forward with the sequel to the Andrews’ Gothic horror novel, Petals on the Wind, which is filming now.

But, according to a source at the network, Lifetime is developing two more books in the Dollanganger series, If There Be Thorns and Seeds of Yesterday. (That would leave Garden of Shadows, the series’ prequel, as the sole Dollanganger title remaining.) On top of that, Lifetime will also develop Andrews’ lurid, Oedipal novel, My Sweet Audrina. Because it’s early going, the timeline of when the movies will air is not yet clear.

Flowers in the Attic aired on Lifetime in January and, in addition to getting a lot of nostalgic attention, it drew a robust 6.1 million viewers — the channel’s biggest success since Oct. 2012. Heather Graham and Ellen Burstyn have already signed up to reprise their Flowers roles for Petals on the Wind, and the Dollanganger kids’ parts have been recast with older actors — Rose McIver will play the adult Cathy (Kiernan Shipka in Flowers), Bailey Buntain (of Bunheads) has been cast as Carrie (Ava Telek in Flowers), and Wyatt Nash will be Christopher (Mason Dye in Flowers). The casting for the third and fourth Dollanganger movies is not yet set.

If There Be Thorns is being adapted by Andy Cochran (Siberia), Seeds of Yesterday will be by Darren Stein (Jawbreaker, G.B.F.), and My Sweet Audrina will be by Scarlett Lacey.

Source

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Lifetime has 3 more V.C. Andrews adaptations in the works, including My Sweet Audrina

Elite Member

After the latest Flowers in the Attic movie came out, I decided to read My Sweet Audrina again. I read that one multiple times as a teenager. It's still weird as hell. I had forgotten all about Vera, Arden, and Vera. I would love to see how they portray Vera in a movie.

I hope Netflix carries FITA soon, since I missed seeing it last month.

Elite Member

Before they did Flowers, this would have been some fun news. Now, not so much. Flowers was bad. Don't want to see Heather Graham again and the girl that played Cathy with the deep voice.

Here's hoping they do a better job with the rest of them.
    tulip likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

mjw
    Elite Member

Petals on the Wind will air on May 26...and your first images

Ready to see grown up Cathy and Christopher?

Here are the first two character images from Lifetime’s Petals on the Wind, the sequel to ratings sensation Flowers in the Attic. Plus, we can also exclusively reveal the film’s premiere date: Scrap your Memorial Day plans, because you’re going to watching Petals on the Wind Monday, May 26 at 8 p.m.

The film stars Rose McIver (Once Upon a Time) as Cathy Dollanganger and Wyatt Nash (Pretty Little Liars) as her brother/secret attic lover Christopher Dollanganger. These two young-ish Flowers parts were recast because the sequel picks up a decade after the conclusion of the first film. Heather Graham also returns as their mother Corrine, while Cathy’s new boyfriend is played by Will Kemp (90210).

One photo shows a family portrait with a trio of blue-eyed Dollangangers decked out in swinging retro threads. Cathy in particular looks rather intense, doesn’t she? Then there’s a photo of Cathy and her abusive dancer paramour Julian, a relationship that leads her to confront the forbidden romance she had with her brother in the first film. Ellen Burstyn and Dylan Bruce will also reprise their roles in the film as grandmother Olivia and Corrine’s husband Bart, respectively.

Petals is based on the V.C. Andrews novel. The first film garnered 6.1 million viewers for Lifetime in its premiere. Check out the second image below:

Source

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Petals on the Wind will air on May 26...and your first images

That is so not how I pictured Julian like at all.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

well, that's because it's all WRONG! BLACK hair, BLACK eyes, RED LIPS!
    gas_chick likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I was a fan of Julian. He got a bad rap cause Cathy was such an asshole. I just finished re-reading this one and thinking damn Paul sure was a freaking perv. lol

Ha! I just finished it too. and yeah... what 40 something bangs the 16 year old "orphan" you've taken in???
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

That Julian is fug wtf were they thinking?
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Thread Information