Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BITTER

Thread: American Idol: The Son of Season One's Nikki McKibbin Gets a Ticket to Hollywood

fgg

Default American Idol: The Son of Season One's Nikki McKibbin Gets a Ticket to Hollywood

American Idol: The Son of Season One's Nikki McKibbin Gets a Ticket to Hollywood

The second night of American Idol featured a few familiar faces and a whole lot of characters.

For the first time, a second-generation Idol hopeful earned a golden ticket: 15-year-old Tristen Langley the son of season one's rocker girl Nikki McKibbin, who finished third behind Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini sang a cool version of Sublime's "Santeria" to earn his way to Hollywood.

Langley, who was accompanied into the audition by his mom, is already entrenched in Idol fans' memory banks: At the age of 4, Langley famously presented his mom with a rose after she performed.

Also hoping for another chance was 17-year-old Briana Oakley, who made it to Hollywood Week last year before being sent home. She said she made the decision to return the minute she got cut, and before she had even finished a soaring rendition of "Stay" by Sara Bareilles, Jennifer Lopez was already whispering "Jordin Sparks."

When T.K. Hash entered the room, the judges immediately noticed he was a ringer for President Obama.

The 28-year-old also did an amazing impression of the president, but it was his big voice, charisma and confidence that really wowed the judges.

Spencer Lloyd, 19, who wielded a guitar and drop-dead good looks, made a big impression on Lopez.

"You're a pretty guy," she swooned.

Although Harry Connick Jr. called Lloyd "ridiculously handsome" but only "an okay singer," he still earned a ticket to Hollywood.

Army vet Marlon Lindsey, 27, who waited nearly a decade to audition, displayed a beautiful, rich voice singing Sam Cooke's "A Change Is Gonna Come," while worship leader John Fox, 20, who moved back in with his parents in order to become an artist, sang a moving rendition of Bob Dylan's "Make You Feel My Love."

Despite flashing a number of adorkably cute looks whenever she flubbed a note, Keith Urban superfan Rachel Rolleri, 17, moved on by singing Sugarland's "Stay," while Emmanuel Zidor, 24, nearly brought Lopez to tears singing Whitney Houston's "I Believe in You and Me."

"I've been told by so many people I can't do this," a sobbing Zidor confessed to the judges, before faux-flipping some nonexistent hair as dramatic emphasis.

The oddest audition of the night belonged to Adam Roth. The 28-year-old "sound healer" at first seemed like a joke contestant, with his white linen outfit, talk of chakras and chanting, but his performance of "Hallelujah" was spiritual for two of the judges.

"I feel guilty and unclean," Connick said, before Roth got into a stare down with Urban, who finally gave him the golden ticket.

And Rick Rowling probably wishes he never auditioned, after appearing in front of the judges in shades, red suspenders, jean shorts, a load of bad jokes but with an apparent dearth of singing talent.

"You've disrespected the whole process!" Connick, still on a roll after Wednesday night's premiere, ranted at him. "People have waited forever to audition."

"How's that for 'Harsh Harry'?" he concluded as Rowling exited. "Word."

Indeed.

In all, 19 golden tickets were awarded, with 14 more handed out in Austin.

American Idol motors into Motown next week.

American Idol: The Son of Season One's Nikki McKibbin Gets a Ticket to Hollywood - American Idol, American Idol, Harry Connick Jr., Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban : People.com

pics and videos at the link. i can't believe her son is old enough to be on the show!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Although Harry Connick Jr. called Lloyd "ridiculously handsome" but only "an okay singer," he still earned a ticket to Hollywood.
    He and Keith were camping it up seriously this week...the criteria has changed clearly with the new lineup. Harry does not suffer fools gladly - no idiots are allowed to go up there and waste time and space.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I heard a teaser news promo about this, and was thinking who would have a kid old enough...my first thought was Nikki. He's a nice-looking kid. And clean cut, surprisingly! (no tats!)

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

He was okay, but had the most gorgeous face.

Wasn't Nikki on Celebrity Drug Abusers or whatever?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Harry is awesome on AI, so glad Nicki and Mariah aren't there this year

I miss the clown auditions though...loved it when some asshat with no real talent would get up there just to be on TV...

But JLo always makes up for it when she tells someone they don't have a strong enough/good enough voice to be an American Idol...I just get the giggles.
    arie_skop likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Wow..I couldn't find any other posts on this current season of AI! So Caleb has won...Jena was awesome IMO. I like these judges even while I loathe part of j-Lo.

The finale performances were ok...I didn't get excited about anything really...but did enjoy it overall. Did the camera land on Jena at all after the final results? I was looking and could not spot her.

Thread Information